• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A big thanks to the whole community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,

Propably no one knows me here on this forum, but I have to thank all of you people on this site. Mostly the people who were active modders in this community in the year 2004 as the website was named wc3.search.ch .
I didn't know where to post this, so I posted it in the Off-topic forum.

You may ask yourself why I have to thank the whole community. After 10 years of creating this account I visited this site again and also found my old account, which hasn't been deleted yet (Thanks for not removing inactive accounts), because I wanted to thank the people on this website for putting so much work in their projects (skins, models, campaigns, etc.)

As I created this account I was pretty young and this site was one of the first contacts and experiences I made with the internet, because I was a big fan of the WC3-Map Editor. I had not much experience in the english language (I am german), but this site helped me alot in improving my english.

Visiting this site and seeing the possibilities of the WC3 Map-Editor as well as being exposed to a lot of tools to create my own warcraft 3 - experience, was an amazing experience for me back then. The creativity the artists put in their projects has inspired me at that time. And as I was exposed to all this, I started making my own warcraft 3 campaigns and started exploring my possibilities with the map editor, downloaded skins and created my own stories. I never created something special or did something significant on this website, but I think the whole time that I invested on the website back then defined me up till now.

I think this was the first website that showed me the possbilities of the internet and exposed me to a whole new world. It had such a strong impact, that I had to come back 10 years later to write this down. I was a young teenager back then and now I am an adult. And I wanted to thank all of you. The creative minds, which invest so much time on their projects, the people that keep websites like this up and the whole community.

To some people this website may seem insignificant, but for some people (like me, back then) it has defined some aspects of their life. I don't want to say, that it wouldn't have worked out without this website, but I always have to remember back the days, where I was a young teenager and visited this website every day, looking for new skins and maps and finding new ideas what to create next.

To all the artists: Never stop being creative. I think this website is filled with very creative minds that have inspired me also back then.

Long story, short: A big thanks for keeping this website up and doing such awesome work.

Greetings,
Darkness the Black Hunter

PS: Sorry for the spelling or grammatical mistakes ;-) I learned my english on this website back then (and I'm german) :)

Level 12
Though I do not have such a long history with this site and do not know Ralle or anyone here well, I'm still happy that this place exists.

Thanks Ralle and the team keeping the site clean!

@Darkness the Black Hunter: If you should be a rich man now, you might consider to make a donation (in the left upper corner). At least that's what I'm gonna do after I made my first million :grin:.

Level 36
Things like this is what makes me love the hive, see Deathcom3s?
- This is what we talked about :)

I may as well go ahead and thank all the amazing people I met here myself,
it'd taste a lie to say that this site hasn't been important for who I've become
today and that I'd likely be something of a different person if it wasn't for
the hive.

Cheers.

Level 15
Things like this is what makes me love the hive, see Deathcom3s?
- This is what we talked about :)

Precisely.

This website was also one of my earlier encounters with the internet at large. I was young, around 14 years old, and I had no idea what I was doing.

I've been going back through some of my old posts, and much of it is pretty embarrassing, but it also helped shape who I am today. It's easy to say that I would not be who I am today if it were not for this site, and the crazy things I tried to do. (Start my own forum, re-make Oblivion in Wc3, and a million other crazy, stupid ideas that turned out to be invaluable learning experiences, even though they all failed).

As for you Darkness_The_Black_Hunter, you're welcome, and thank you for your kind, heartfelt post.

I've been going back through some of my old posts, and much of it is pretty embarrassing, but it also helped shape who I am today.

That's exactly what I was talking about. :) The whole time, browsing this site and imagining the possibilites and worlds I could create with all that stuff was perfect for my inner child.

I was also pretty embarrassed as I looked up my old posts. They seem so childish and immature. :-D But maybe that's just the teenager that I was at that time and that made me the person that I am now.

I hope that this site will never be forgotten. :)

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Hmm, this account is super new, but this post represents something I don't wanna represent - arrogance about ongoing events XDD

I just post a thing about IQ when people are saying their good byes, like I wouldn't event care about them leaving and stuff..

If same shit happened today I'd leave this mad house for sure, but I just got here around the times of zt..

And mag's response "IQ is still meaningless though. It measures one and only one kind of intelligence, and that is problem solving,
making connections, and recognizing patterns. (This is what our brains do best though. Pattern identification
is what makes us smart.)" was a damn good one, human's indeed are exceptional at identificating stuff.

Level 35
Hmm, this account is super new, but this post represents something I don't wanna represent - arrogance about ongoing events XDD

I just post a thing about IQ when people are saying their good byes, like I wouldn't event care about them leaving and stuff..

If same shit happened today I'd leave this mad house for sure, but I just got here around the times of zt..

And mag's response "IQ is still meaningless though. It measures one and only one kind of intelligence, and that is problem solving,
making connections, and recognizing patterns. (This is what our brains do best though. Pattern identification
is what makes us smart.)" was a damn good one, human's indeed are exceptional at identificating stuff.

Isn't it arrogant to boast about your IQ in a totally non-related thread to begin with?

I mean "look, I'm not arrogant"-> *Does something totally arrogant*

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

I dunno, maybe xD

And the test wasn't even valid to begin with, I most likely have something like 90-110 xd

Level 34
I've been going back through some of my old posts, and much of it is pretty embarrassing, but it also helped shape who I am today. It's easy to say that I would not be who I am today if it were not for this site, and the crazy things I tried to do. (Start my own forum, re-make Oblivion in Wc3, and a million other crazy, stupid ideas that turned out to be invaluable learning experiences, even though they all failed).
I got into philosophy in a large part due to this site and all the debating. Learned a shit load about myself here.

<3 u guz :' )

Level 15
I got into philosophy in a large part due to this site and all the debating. Learned a shit load about myself here.

<3 u guz :' )

There was a time when it felt like this site was more for debating rather than modding. At least, to me. 'Twas rather interesting, and fun. Until peopled started slinging mud.

Look at us, getting all sentimental and whatnot.

Status
Not open for further replies.