• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Whoa, this site still exists after all these years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Just logged in for the first time since forever, the last time I even remember checking it much was right after it switched to the Hive from wc3sear.ch, and then I think I may have checked a few times since just to see if it's still going. I would loathe to check my posting history because I was so much younger when I actually used the forums. Have a lot of great memories of this place even though I never really could model or skin to contribute resources, and never had finished any map to where I wanted to upload it (though I made a few I remember hosting on Battle.net before it was all DotA that people really liked). I wasn't really the most active member in that way, but I sure used the site a lot and loved it. I remember coming home from school when little and all I wanted to do was play WC3 or check if there was any cool new models here or continue working on some map I was making.

I feel compelled to change account details like my stupid signature I no doubt thought was brilliant enough to be appended to the end of every post of mine back then but I rather leave them just the way they were all those years ago.

Respect to people still active here after all these years, paying attention to a community for the greatest RTS ever made. Even more to the people who still make things like models or maps, can't believe there's still brand new resources and stuff being uploaded. I thought I was reading it wrong when I saw so many currently active users, and some usernames I recognise from forever ago. Thanks for all the fun, Hive.

Welcome back! Don't worry about your old posts, we all have experienced the same feeling. My first introduction to the internet/forums was primarily through wc3search/hive/thehelper, and it is only natural that we feel inclined to use shortcuts and ze l33t t3xt like all the cool internet people use. Usually we're unnaturally giddy as well. :p

Warcraft 3 (and the hive) is something we'll all always look back at with nostalgia. Enjoy the ride and hopefully you'll come back to check up on us from time to time. Also, be sure to check out the map development forum (and the terrain forum, which changed quite a bit over the years). The content there never ceases to amaze me.

Level 34
Some of us just didn't bother with that whole "life" thing. Seemed like a lot of work.

Level 15
I was pleasantly surprised to see you posting today. Welcome back.

Yeah, it feels nice to look around and see how things have changed. It's sort of a strange experience, seeing as so many of us moved on temporarily, yet we find ourselves coming back. I just wish I knew more of the new users, there are only a handful that I recognize, let alone really "knew" back in the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.