• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
What would you do, if you knew you only have a year left of your life?

What I'd do:

-Say sorry to everyone.
-Tell the girl I like how much I love her.
-Travel the world.
-Meet the guy that created parcour.
-Finish my maps.
-Spam and annoy random people, then apologize and tell them I've only got a year left to live.
-Hack at least a site

I know I couldn't accomplish all that If I have only a year to live, as I'd spend most of the time left brooding or getting emotionally potato.

What about you?

Level 27
Well in that case...
since this hypothetical situation is fallible (given that I wouldn't know my time of death unless it was diagnosed, in which there must be some weird cure), I would abuse loopholes in the hypothetical universe until I transcended life itself, and death had no effect on me.
Oh, and get myself a cookie, unicorn, and laser beam goggles while I'm at it.
--donut3.5--

Level 27
Your terminal illness is that humanity has noticed you must die in order to save the rest of humanity.

Either you or us, and we choose us. :p

I'd put if off thinking about it for a few months.

Level 7
Drink a lot. Have a lot of sex. Try those drugs I said I never would because they're addictive/deadlier then the norm.

This and steal stuff like tvs, computers, giant jacuzzis. And kidnap. I wanna kidnap someone before I day, rape is also a must. And I wanna shoot/kill someone too. And meet the president. Or better yet, rob, kidnap, rape and kill the president.

Oh, and I wanna try dark side of the rainbow while high. It would be so awesome

Level 4
Hmmm, i'm not a physic...but either of two scenarios:

1. Kill myself out of depression

2. Die of paranoia

Or maybe both...

Level 36
Drink a lot. Have a lot of sex. Try those drugs I said I never would because they're addictive/deadlier then the norm.

Wrong. You'd live like you do now. As far as I'm concerned, you live like you could pop your clogs at any point xD

If I knew I was going to die in a year I'd live like Ash.

The first thing on my list would be to go sky diving. After that, I'd tell the girl I love again just how much I love her, and then maybe go skydiving again. Maybe have sex while skydiving, etc.

Skydiving is the first thing I'm doing when I turn 18 anyway.

Level 10
Let's see...
1) Start drinking and taking drugs in masses
2) Tell everyone what I think (you are an asshole/ i love you)
3) Start stealing, beating up people I hate, not giving a shit about the law
4) Try to get laid as often as possible (is my disease an STI?)
5) Eat a shitload of food, don't give a shit if unhealthy or bad for my teeth etc.

Reactions: Ash
Level 14
So the general consensus is: Do everything self-destructive that you can think of because, who the hell cares? You're dead anyway.

I think that seems about right.

Also, Dan van Ohllus, it's Phase 1..etc... Not Face :p

Level 3
ok well i would first eat a squirel cause ive always wondered if thier is actually such thing as squrel stew then i would build a tme machine and go back in tim to the day i figure out im going to die but still have the time machine wroking and i have the time machine so i can live on forever then fine the hotest chick in the entire world and have sex with her for 8 months straight and then sit around and make bets on things i already know are going to happen cause ive traveled back in time then lsastly jump in some thing radioactive to get superpowers hopefully speed or invisablility and beat the crap out of people for no reason and they not know whats going on the end.

Level 9
I'de have to do all the things no life can be lived without:
1) Have a non-stop James Bond Move Marathon
2) Star Wars Movie Marathon
3) Upload at least 1 map to the Hive
4) Learn to Drive
5) Write a Will
6) Tell everyone I hate how much of a wanker they really are
7) Hug a stranger
8) Go to church (Haven't been for like 8 years)
9) Give up masturbating
10) Finish off my donations to the Hive
11) Build an awesome computer
12) Uuuuuuh... Participate in a karaoke :D

Level 12
3) Upload at least 1 map to the Hive
lol

1)tell the girl i love how much i love her.
example:
me: I like u so much bla bla bla
her: I like you too
me: will you go out on a date with me?
her: I would love to
-at the date-
me: by the way, im going to die in a year....

2)be extreeeeemly impulsive, do every little thing that pops into my head.

3)get a credit card a few months b4 i die, and spend like crazy, [then die, and never pay for it.]

4)Get a deadly virus, email it to the assholes i know.

5)learn to drive [like crazy]

6)idk...

Level 17
9) Give up masturbating
Haha, pwned.

I would pretty much do much that had already been said, thing that don't matter since you'll soon be dead. I would wait with the criminal part until about a month before death, i wouldn't want to spend my last year in prison.

My most important part though:
I would spend all my money so i could live my last year in Japan.

Level 28
I would do what keeps me happy.
I would play my guitars loud as hell with an open window.
If I still am a nerd I will spend a lot of time here on THW.
If I'm 20-40 years old I will probably have a band and I will play with them like a madman.
If I'm 40-64 years old I will probably just be happy that I don't have to wait for retirement.
If I'm 65-90 years old I will complain about the fact that this moment didn't come before the lovely retirement.
If I'm 90 years old I will sit in a chair waving my walking stick to some old metal (nowdays metal that is).
If I'm 113-119 years old I will spend my last days as a teenager.
If I'm 200 years old I will brag to everyone that I own their guts cause I'm older than any human will ever be. And when they try to kick my ass I will bring fourth my katana and slice them all and then run as fast as I can (if I can walk that is).

Ash

Ash

Level 22
Wrong. You'd live like you do now. As far as I'm concerned, you live like you could pop your clogs at any point xD

If I knew I was going to die in a year I'd live like Ash.

The first thing on my list would be to go sky diving. After that, I'd tell the girl I love again just how much I love her, and then maybe go skydiving again. Maybe have sex while skydiving, etc.

Skydiving is the first thing I'm doing when I turn 18 anyway.

Skydiving! Epic idea, I'm adding that to my list of things to do.

You know me so well <33

Level 13
Hmmmm... Go to the nearest bar/pub, drink as much alcohol as possible, wake up 350 days later with a horrible hangover and try to find out what I have been doing for the past months. [/forthelulz]

No, I'll just probably spend all my money in a trip around the world, doing everything I want... and after that I'll write a book, plant a tree and... meh.

Ash

Ash

Level 22
Hmmmm... Go to the nearest bar/pub, drink as much alcohol as possible, wake up 350 days later with a horrible hangover and try to find out what I have been doing for the past months. [/forthelulz]

No, I'll just probably spend all my money in a trip around the world, doing everything I want... and after that I'll write a book, plant a tree and... meh.
... Of all the things you could do, you plant a tree.

Now, I understand that you're not going to be famous for writing an autobiography, but you could 'see' a model or two, join the mafia, kill someone, skydive, overthrow a tyranny, form your own rock band, start a rebellion, make a new government, find a way to save yourself or even start a new corporation... But you chose to plant a tree. A tree.

Let me say that again, a tree. Tree.

Level 13
First of all, all that was included in "everything I want". And by the way, I do have a rock band already...

Secondly, I though I would not have to explain this... but... any flaw in knowledge must be corrected and any lack of it must be compensated...
Chinese philosophy teaches us that the only way to achieve immortality during life is to write a book, plant a tree and have a child, as immortality lies not in the survival of the mortal body (as commonly presumed), but in the memory that the future generations have of you. The longer you are remembered, the longer you "live". People will remember your name when they read your book, admire the beauty of your tree and talk to your offspring.

I'll repeat it one more time for you. A TREE.

Level 8
i prolly wouldn't give damn about anything, and do eveything i ever wanted to do, including yelling LEEEEROY JEEEEENKIIIINS while riding a biycle naked in a shopping mall with a monkey eating a hamburger on my back... while disarming a nuclear bomb and saving a small kid from the janitor's cleaning vehicle, using my feet to play guild wars all the way...

Level 34
I'd definitely buy like 20 hookers. Try cocaine, which would probably happen anyways since I'd have 20 hookers, they pretty much spawn cocaine. Then I'd make sure I got my last rights. Bo-ya for Catholicism.

But no, that's like blasphemy, so I'd probably stay pretty much the same. I would quit work and travel the world. Maybe go on Oprah and shit since I have a deadly disease.

Level 27
That is a good one. Trees get damn old. You plant a tree, you have a long standing monument to you.

I'd reflect on my life and imminent death and become very wise in the process, foregoing any plans of self-destructive or irrational do-before-you die plans.

I'd come back to this thread and say, "It happened."

I'd fix the world now so I could goof off in my next life.

Level 14
If someone plants a tree, I'm going to cut it down, just because it's a retarded fucking idea.

I have relatives who went to Israel and planted trees. It was a retarded idea then, and it's retarded now.

Want to live forever? Do something extraordinary with your life. Make people remember you.

Level 25
well the tree must be usefull, can give fruits for example (not usefull by cutting it), so people can use it in later generation (family members usualy) in that way you can be remembered for few generations at least
or the other choise is to invent a time machine or a cancer cure

Level 12
things i would do:
- Write a book
- Kill those that I hate(maybe the last 10 days or so, dont want to sit 340 days in prison just to die in there) in a Saw like way, so i can see them suffer :D
- Do a lot of good deeds just in case the Heaven / Hell thing really is true

things i wouldnt do:
- Tell about my feelings for certain persons. I honestly believe that it would just f**k things up with their emotions and sh*t
- Buy hookers. If possible i would just abuse the fact that im about to die to get laid anyway, if that is the case.

Level 5
If i have only a year left.. I'll do what donut do.. I'll do on a different way..

Phase 1 Of Death: Ask scientist to help me found a cure to the sickness..
Phase 1 Of Death: Tell them that i have only a year to live and pay them a Million bucks and start searching.
Phase 2 Of Death: Go to the sea,land and get small good particles and search for it..
Phase 2 Of Death: Do all you can to survive.. Don't give up either don't kill yourself.. You must live longer and happy~..
Phase 3 Of Death: Go to the space and pay million bucks or whole of your dollars to the Astronauts or the manager.. Go to space and collect space particles with your Scientist Friends....
Phase 3 Of Death: Go to earth after 20 days..
The Final Judgement *LOLX*: Finished the cure and you must create it now until the end of december..
The Death: If you are feeling bad and you are going to die.. Be a drama king/queen and crawl and reach for the cure and drink it.. Then pretend to die.. Tah-Dah you are cured..

About the dollars.. THIS TALKS ABOUT YOUR LIFE.. Life can't be buy.. So you have to save your life before it's.. Ended..

Level 11
I'd work hard as hell for 9-10 months, and live as a minimalist to save the money, and then buy an island outside the coast of Sweden. Then I dedicate my last 2-3 months to build the ultimate tomb, with as much gold and stuff as possible. I'd make sure that the tomb would be there in a thousand years, so that people could see it far into the future. In combination with that, I would try to become a master poet and write beautiful poems about life and death, relativity, the World and love, and keep them on stone tablets in my tomb. My last week I would spend in my tomb, with selected people. When my time came, I would lie down in my grave, and my last words would be something awesome, that I came up while I was working.

Level 7
lol I had an idea similar to that once. I thought that if I ever became a rich trillionaire that I would send a space expedition to the moon and build a tomb in it. There would be outposts on the surface leading to the core of the moon where my body will be kept in its grave. If possible I'd even have my body kept alive (like when you stuff a dead animal but more realistic because of the technology) and have it hung from the ceiling and placed in some display case.

Level 24
What I wanna do is:
Tell everyone in my city how much they suck. Burn down my school. Kiss a stranger. Meet Slash. Buy an electric guitar and smash it against a wall. Climb onto a tall building in the middle of a storm and rage on heavens. Hit Bush with a shoe. Meet Obama. Travel around the world. Meet Slash again. Go back to my town, hug random people on the street. Write letters to everyone I ever met in any way about how sorry I am for being a bitch sometimes. Tell the people I love how much I love them. Meet Hugh Laurie and Hugh Grant. Say goodbye to everyone... and die.

Level 12
I just concluded that if we all acted as if we had a year to live every day, our lives would be much more awesome. If I found out I have one year to live, I'd probably do more than I'll do in my whole life (assuming I have much more than a year to live).

Status
Not open for further replies.