• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Red Horizons!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Here is a small contribution for this site area.

This story won the wc3campaigns.com contest, so I hope it's liked here as well as it apparently is there.

RED HORIZONS

Jelaine, last child of the Kun Family was left behind when drought came in. A royal family with social bonds far stretched sacrificed their youngest , abandoning in the house that became a ruin not long after they left. Not a goodbye, only a harsh ride out of the view of the little, 6 year old child. A destination unknown....a richer and more exotic world for them...

Tainted as the landscape Jelaine fitted well...except he was a human, not a sandpebble...filled with emotions, not knowing what they meant
His early pet, a desert cat was his only help. He loved it intensely. Years passed and the apathy for other beings other than his fellow pet grew while he was unaware of it, all alone in the ruinic house and its its cellars filled with preserved food. Jelaine was a very thin boy because of it..but he would care about it more. Hunting and collecting food became second nature as he grew and wandered the bare landscape....he left the familiar house. His old-growing companion mostly ran ahead, scouting and enjoying the glanzes of the sun swirling as little dots on the dunes they crossed. But not the beauty he longed for, the beauty he knew of when his family was still around him .It took him and he began to create his own idea about what the world was like.....A glittering red plain with nothing more than a new and dissapoiting look at a red horizon time after time. The dunes were immense and so were their valleys..

The day he stumbled on a poor old man showed what he turned into ...a vengeful youngster, apathic to human beings. In a rage he stabbed the nomad to the ground ... and with the tasted of more he travelled to a more civilized part, where is coming was only a beginning....a revenge he payed with people's blood..even redder than the glittering dots he saw year by year....

Level 12
I used to publish stuff, I stopped when I turned 20 tho. I still write poems, mostly sonnets and haikus, for Amy.

Status
Not open for further replies.