• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Just want to be a thank and part of this site !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi and thnx to all who read this thread!! :lol: As you can see im new here and i see this site really, really awesome!! I first discover it while i was surfing the net for warcraft 3 models and i find it really amazing :shock: im thankful that i found this site because no other site can compare to it. Ive been lurking in here for a very long time that no else seems to know me 8) because of my low profile and newly made account, as you can see. I learned a lot of new things from this site not just modeling, editing jass and gui scripts and also the people around it, by reading their forum. Now i wanted to thank you all for the support that ive got from this site. Truly really appreciated it. :p The purpose of this thread is not to be known but to thanks and to belong where i truly belong! So i thank this site from the bottom of my heart and hope to die, i truly appreciate it!! Thanks!! 8)

Level 9
arjuno08 said:
shock: im thankful that i found this site because no other site can compare to it.

lol sup im sure alot of people can agree about there is no other site to compare this one to for warcraft

Level 9
WELCOME yea this is the best wc3 mod site EVER and wulf dont make me hurt you i know your a girl but still dont jinx us.

Level 7
Welcome!

Werewulf said:
yeah , welcome, this site is the no.1 wc3 mod site..but the others are dying..and well sad to say..this too soon.

That depends from what point of view your looking on it with.

For example, this site is a hell for learning/using JASS. It's fine on some areas, but there is areas of modding that this site covers in a way that... well, it could've been done better, several sections can only be moderated by Darky, and he doesn't do it.

And I really have to disagree that other sites are dying. No they are not. Not more than this one at least.

Level 7
Host problems doesn't kill a site more than speed problems (which wc3search has), as long as the site is running, it's alive.

Level 7
Werewulf said:
yeah its got some kicks, my nets gone abit whack and keeps timing out, sometimes it takes 1 min just to laod a page..and for other people maybe even alot longer
if this site was alot faster it would be way nicer.

Same here, timeouts constantly. And sometimes it just takes 10-15 minutes to load a page (I am serious).

I'm on a fast connection, so it's not download my speedd that's the problem - it's the sites. I can download several MB in the typical time it takes to load a single page here. I wonder how Darky managed to make it so slow, phpbb is usually pretty fast.

Level 9
yeah this site defintly got speed problems one of the only ways to speed up a bit is deleted some recources? defintly not the good ones though

and darky should come back and give VG and Oz full admin capabilities not keep a few things only he can change

i seriously dont think this site will die soon but i might be guessing maby around end of next year this site starts to die cause appart from darkys finacnal problems pirces go up constantly

Level 45
yeah. im on 512 now, but i divide by 4 comps due to wireless router sharing between 4 comps. but that would make it around 128kbps, which is still fast.
but my dl is around 30 per kb because of the server and other progs that dl..so its a rip off..
and yes..maybe changing the template might make it faster.
i wish this site was faster...takes just ages..

Level 7
Speed won't kill it - if it would the site would have been dead long ago.

The biggest problem is Darky not visiting, for example the rules for the new demerit point system has not been setup, according to oz02 they're finished, and I doubt setting some rules up could take that long time, but still it is not done.

WoW addiction sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.