• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texturing Contest #24 - Diablo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
rework his hair and new chest.
238069-albums8078-picture105931.bmp
tries to make his hair like everyone want

Do every crusader in the diablo universe wear that? No. I'm talking about the standard crusader uniform that they have to wear to represent their order.

You're way deep in lore that dosen't exist yet then mate. But do whatever you feel like, I'm not here to dictate, was simply helpful advice.

Rogue.gif
Rogue Mercenary

Like all Sisters of the Sightless Eye, these mercenaries are trained warriors, with skills as sharp as their arrows.
"Our discipline allows our minds to find the false heart of a man, just as our arrows find a beating one."

latest
References:
Flavie_(Diablo_II).gif

Attachments

• WIP.jpg
    WIP.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 153
  • Sentry.png
    Sentry.png
    385.8 KB · Views: 195
  • Rogue.jpg
    Rogue.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 182
  • Rogue II.jpg
    Rogue II.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 525
  • WIPII.jpg
    WIPII.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 515
Last edited:
You know though, Rogues don't wear bikini armor, it covers the body and the boots go higher.

On a side note, what's with the Diablo III stu... never mind.

I agree, I don't even consider Diablo III as cannon. It's just another one of those spin-off games that are considered from a franchise but not a part of it. The fact that this Contest has so little good entries proves on how much bad influence people get, the only good ones were Blood Raven's Izual and Just_Spectating's Griswold. The hell bovine is not really how original cows looked like, it resembles more of a tauren from War3. The Monk is overrated and I'm sick of the easiest choice in, the model is almost a perfect match; as if we lack Monk models from Diablo 3. Maghda is quite okay, but her character is off, just like the rest of Diablo 3. And finally the Crusader, the skin has no shading, lacking details and don't fit the model really well. Besides, anything to do with Diablo 3 is wrong for the dignity of the franchise.

Anyway, my rant has ended. Those were my sort of-reviews. When I voted for Diablo, I thought people would pick more interesting characters that made Diablo what it was- a golden classic.

Level 18
I agree, I don't even consider Diablo III as cannon. It's just another one of those spin-off games that are considered from a franchise but not a part of it. The fact that this Contest has so little good entries proves on how much bad influence people get, the only good ones were Blood Raven's Izual and Just_Spectating's Griswold. The hell bovine is not really how original cows looked like, it resembles more of a tauren from War3. The Monk is overrated and I'm sick of the easiest choice in, the model is almost a perfect match; as if we lack Monk models from Diablo 3. Maghda is quite okay, but her character is off, just like the rest of Diablo 3. And finally the Crusader, the skin has no shading, lacking details and don't fit the model really well. Besides, anything to do with Diablo 3 is wrong for the dignity of the franchise.

Anyway, my rant has ended. Those were my sort of-reviews. When I voted for Diablo, I thought people would pick more interesting characters that made Diablo what it was- a golden classic.

Wow, you're being a real rude fuck right there. Why don't you and the rest of the "WeHateDiabloIIISoMuch" -group go make a discussion somewhere else than filling this thread with your garbage. Thanks.

Wow, you're being a real rude fuck right there. Why don't you and the rest of the "WeHateDiabloIIISoMuch" -group go make a discussion somewhere else than filling this thread with your garbage. Thanks.

I'm not being rude, I was just stating my opinion about entries. If you don't like it then don't read it or IGNORE it. Thank you, for your understanding.

I'm so sorry, grand lord A Void, that our submissions does not satisfy your humble needs. Truly your opinion should be law, and every submission that does not follow this law should be banned from the contest. [Sarcasm over]

Glad you're neither judge, nor contest host, then.

Level 25
Is Diablo II really that good to make Diablo III soo bad for nostalgia-biased people? Well Diablo III isn't really bad, I played it and it's so cool. Also, you insulted some entries because they are based from Diablo III? Well, yes the Crusader, Hell Bovine needs some more work, but Maghda? Kharazim? You just "criticized" them based on which sequel they came from NOT on how they look like which is how it really should be.

So, I guess I'm gonna scrap my Diablo III based Fallen One, which already got some progress in favor of Diablo II Mephisto based on the Naga Siren. It fits pretty nice(except for the tail, which I think will be made into his spine or something) but what do you think guys?

Level 49

i like this guy. no sugarcoating of words whatsoever.

Level 28
I'm sorry I started a Diablo war, didn't mean to. I was just surprised, as I thought many people pretend Diablo III doesn't exist (just like Mass Effect 3's ending...). Besides, in the theme choosing it said Diablo I and II, as I recall. Nevertheless, I don't agree with A Void, I'm quite happy that this contest theme got so many entries and I do think they are pretty good. And I don't mind people making Diablo 3 skins, I'm just curious as to why someone would prefer to make a Diablo III skin to a Diablo I/II but that is not a discussion for this thread. I'd be interested to read someone's arguments for D3 on this in a VM though. I hope I don't sound insulting now.

Why are you going to scrap it Chen? If it's because of this recent discussion, don't. If you just feel like it, do it :cgrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.