1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Texturing Contest #23 - Dark Entities/Revenants

Discussion in 'Contest Archive' started by Heinvers, Sep 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apheraz Lucent

Apheraz Lucent

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Guys. As long as your character leaves an impression that it/he/she could kill a kitten without blinking, you're on the right track.

Anything dark passes here, it's creative output you get for theme and is of insanely wild array.

2. morbent

morbent

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    So apparently there are many opinions on what dark is, aka, do whatever you want I say (Go darkkkk [​IMG] ...)

3. Apheraz Lucent

Apheraz Lucent

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Dark doesn't necessarily mean evil tho. Fine example is Sylvanas eh?

4. -Grendel

-Grendel

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    i really have the urge to make a racist joke about dark but i choose not to do so because i'm a kind old man.

5. morbent

morbent

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Sylvanas is evil Apheraz. But yea I agree with you.

6. Apheraz Lucent

Apheraz Lucent

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    She's not. In short, she's been forced into something, and everything she does is now to counter the one who did injustice to her. You ought to look the whole story if you want to see the actual difference :)
    But I believe there's no good and evil, I very firmly trust in right and wrong instead.

Anywhore, if you wanna talk on this topic more, whoop me a VM, just to keep this on-topic.

7. ~Nightmare

~Nightmare

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Thanks tho.
    If ever I cannot get back, again, Sorry. I'll try my best to get a power source. (and get money from my mom :3)

8. BETABABY

BETABABY

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    I have a hard time deciding wether I should change my entry or stick to it.

9. Apheraz Lucent

Apheraz Lucent

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    If the problem is in wrapping, look at skins section for that model to find some inspiration on how to bypass hideous wrappings.

If the problem is you not being satisfied with skin so far, I'd immediately change the model. Chances are, if you ain't happy with it, others won't be either. Dissatisfaction will show on the texture too.

10. ~Nightmare

~Nightmare

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    @Heinvers: I would like to see a WIP of yours, if you have. XD

11. Heinvers

Heinvers

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
  12. -Grendel

-Grendel

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

decided to change the model to be textured because... the amount of recycled UV's on the ancient of lore is just too much.. i mean, both the legs and the arms use the same wrap, the branches on his back and the inner part of his mouth uses same wrap as the body. i just can't stand that.

i wanted to make him have a face that looks like a skull but making his nose to look skeletal is just weird. sure on front view he looks skull enough with that kind of nose but side view, he just looks weird specially on the portrait angle.

13. morbent

morbent

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Ah that's too bad, I really liked the swamp creature idea :/ This is looking promising too though [​IMG]

14. -Grendel

-Grendel

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    yeah. sadly i had to give up the concept. i really liked it too, but i just cant stand the UV. the head will look good but every other place will just look bad and i really wanna fiddle with the alpha channels on that one, i had a great plan on his body that involves alpha but his other parts will have holes too lol.

15. morbent

morbent

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    You could probably try another ancient? Or are they the same shit?

16. -Grendel

-Grendel

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    i tried remaking it on the tree of life since it has the least amount of recycled UV's among all the other NE ancients but the head UV is just too small to fit in the face structure that i want and anything that i place that looks like an open mouth ended up like a plastic surgery failure.
    i'm kinda liking the uv on the bloodmage though. his portrait animations with this skin looks awesome.

17. morbent

morbent

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Alright I see. It's just that, I can't think of many ancient textures, while with blood mages.. plenty.
    Sigh.. blizzard and their wrapping.

18. -Grendel

-Grendel

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    yeah its really tough to find a war3 model with a "decent" UV to texture on. the tree of life model was my last choice on the swamp creature concept but the space is just too small to put any details so the head will just look similar to the default tree of life head only with more wrinkles.

19. morbent

morbent

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Yea like, I just noticed the Revenant is ass and I can't really alpha out the plate on his chest since it is actually used in the portrait. Oh and where the fuck is the area that controls the helmet eye hole (that T)? I gotta find it so I can texture it like it is in the normal model. Oh well. I might be switching as well.

Still, I gotta hand it to Blizzard, they made amazing designs, animations, overall 3d models. I prefer these to what they are offering now... Now if that doesn't say something about war3 models...

I'm not sure we're on theme though, are we? We can switch to VMs if there's actually more to be said, if you wish.

20. -Grendel

-Grendel

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

current skin so far. turned his hair into a hood. i really wanna alpha out those remaining hair but as always the mesh is UV'ed on a single segment on the texture lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.