• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texturing Contest 13 Voting

Vote for your favorite skin!

• A.R.'s Sea Screamer?

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Pins' Naga Abyss Fiend?

Votes: 18 20.7%
  • Denu's Nazjatar Leviathan?

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • FrIkY's Naga Slave Master?

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • Xatoga's ArachNaga?

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Dionesiist's Naga Marauder?

Votes: 11 12.6%
  • 67Chrome's Naga Predator?

Votes: 15 17.2%
  • bananaHUNT's Naga Stalker?

Votes: 4 4.6%
  • Pyramidhe@d's Naga Shredder?

Votes: 13 14.9%
  • Technomancer's Naga Behemoth?

Votes: 4 4.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
~Void~ said:
Lol dusk you are so predictable, the second I saw "last post by Rising_Dusk" I thought "Oh yay, another post by dusk telling us how we're doinitrong" :p
Except in the case where people listen to me, things improve, and then I comment on how "I told you so." Although to be perfectly honest, I'm really not that narcissistic.. I only seem to have negative comments because let's face it, almost no one really listens to any of my suggestions. :p
Ike_Ike said:
I dunno ... I just didn't want to be negative for the sake of being negative. I think most of the flaws I picked out were on account of my ego being wounded anyhow, so yeah ...
To be perfectly honest, saying that the texture is perfect is negative with regards to how he could improve his artwork for the future. It certainly isn't perfect work, particularly in the blurriness in certain areas, overdetailing of the rider's armor, and the end-concept used for the rider (his head is chaotic, doesn't work with the wrap well enough). Furthermore, I find that it's too colorful (yes, this is possible) in the rainbow effects used over the scales. I would have scored it a 42/50 or so, all things considered.

Now consider how much more useful to the author of the texture comments about where he can improve are as opposed to "AMG PERFEXT." I don't care if you disagree with some of my remarks, trust me when I say the texture isn't perfect and the author deserves more valid critique than what you gave in your judging. Keep it in mind for the future. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.