• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texturing Competition #11 - Two Opposite Textures

Status
Not open for further replies.
not as incredible as it seams.. its a bad recolor from.. THIS SKIN!
stygian magus - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site

sorry dude...

Edit: btw new wip :D i'm figering out the armor.. and i did the cape :p

I like the shape of it all, there's not much more to say. The runes on the cape are nice, but the cape needs to be more wavy, use more powerful shadows to do this.

Are you suggesting that I changed the color of the one that Mr.Goblin posted? I didnt do that. I looked at it, Ill give him that but I didnt go beyond that.

Yes, well it looks extremely similar. I can see all the same lines, just faded out with a low opacity purple brush.

I copy and pasted Lions Gate's texture over top the Stygian and set the top layer to 50%. They seem pretty damn similar. Take a look.

Edit: I made a series of screenshots at different opacities. Notice how the fit over each other almost perfectly? He's made some changes, but that's not enough.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    608.1 KB · Views: 329
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    608.3 KB · Views: 290
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    593.4 KB · Views: 276
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    586.4 KB · Views: 248
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    561.1 KB · Views: 264
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    571 KB · Views: 220
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    561.3 KB · Views: 212
I'm not accepting your submission for various reasons. One of them being the mass amounts of "for teh lulz" votes you'll get. End of story.

thisuroy entered one of the other skinning contests a while ago with a similar "crap but funny" skin of the sammy cube. Although it made people lol, he got next to no votes in the poll.

Just saying. :p

Level 14
Lion_Gate's entry is blatant CnP with some recolor, dodged veins, and extra lines. There's no discussion to be had; if you can't see it, I find it hard to believe you call yourself an artist. Hawk even went ahead and proved it beyond a reasonable doubt.

People pretty much said it, and I agree. It's the same Afronight's Stygian Magus skin, but with recolor and some smudge. And Hawkwing has the evidence.

Also, Lion_Gate, you aren't allowed to edit other people's resources without their permission.
If you wish to make custom skins, draw your own texture instead of editing others.

Edit:
Decided to try joining this competition, providing something like Air Unit vs. Land Unit.
Here's an early WIP on my custom Harpy skin so far. I'll just call her Guardian of the Sky for the moment.

Attachments

• wip.jpg
    wip.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 307
Last edited:
the thing with the school about the test and the exams is not that it takes alot of time.. is the fack that we are so focust on school that we have no more inspiration.. it what is happening to me at the moment... with the skins... i just simply lose all my inspiration and thats an other reason why i didnt started at the beginning of the constead.. cause of the lose of inspiration..

so meeh....

Level 14
Can we just declare this contest over, give Dio an award for actually finishing, and be done with it? I grow weary of seeing every contest here get a half-dozen extensions because no one is motivated enough to finish anything.

Level 9
The theme seems to be the problem. I know its quite open ended, but I could not think of a good set of opposites, nor the models to skin for them. As Mr.Goblin said, the inspiration never popped up.
Good job though Dio haha. I really like both of your skins especially the doom guard's mask.

Status
Not open for further replies.