• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texturing Competition #11 - Two Opposite Textures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texturing Competition #11
Contestants are to make two opposite textures. You may use the same model for each
texture or one for each, whichever pleases you most.

Contest Rules And Conditions
  • No submission may violate any of the site rules.
  • If a submission does not follow the skin submission rules the creator will be disqualified.
  • All submissions must follow the current theme. If any model does not fit, a moderator will tell you as soon as possible as to avoid confusion.
  • Your submission must be posted before the deadline. The post containing your final submission must also contain the following:
    • An in game screenshot showing your submission in action.
    • The file in the appropriate format.
  • You must show at least one unfinished preview of your submission, before the deadline, as proof that it’s yours.
  • Your submission may not be started/made before the official launch of the contest.
  • Judges and/or hosts may not participate.
  • Your final submission must be bug free.
  • Teamwork is not allowed.
  • Model must exist in Warcraft III already.
  • No model edits are allowed.
  • Textures must be no larger than 512 pixels in any dimension when submitted as final entry, though you may work in 1024 (or higher), but they must be resized down to 512, preferable 256 on equal dimension textures when submitted.

Contest Prizes And Winnings
  • First Place: 40 reputation points and a special award icon
  • Second Place: 25 reputation points
  • Third Place: 10 reputation points

Contest Judging And Voting
  • Judging Criteria:

Contrast
    Is there lots of variety? Or is it just one mass of the same colour?/15

Shading
    Is the shading realistic? Placed appropriately and has proper values?/10

Creativity
    How unique was your idea?/15

In-Game
    Does it fit in with the rest of Warcraft III's graphics?/10
  • 50% of the winner shall be determined by the contest's appointed judge(s).
  • 50% of the winner shall be determined by the results of a public poll.

Contest Dates And Deadline
  • The contest shall begin on November 2nd, 2008 and conclude on [rainbow]November 30th, 2008,
    12:00 AM[/rainbow] (GMT)

Last edited:
Level 14
I wish I had seen this before you posted it. 10 points for in-game is in no way enough. :p
Anyways, we'll see what the entrants bring to the party, as the theme is at least interesting this time around.

I wish I had seen this before you posted it. 10 points for in-game is in no way enough. :p
Anyways, we'll see what the entrants bring to the party, as the theme is at least interesting this time around.

Feel free to make suggestions, but not here.

You forgot to fill in the reputation schedule.

What are you talking about? ;P

The post was rushed, I wanted to get it done tonight and I wasn't getting any replies in the Mod's Lobby.

A.R.

Skin Reviewer
Level 25
Going high res would be kinda shooting yourself in the foot for the In-Game criteria IMHO...
Anyways, don't listen to me, I'm just jaded when it comes to high res.

EDIT: WIPs - I'm gonna do Azshara before and after Naga-ification

Attachments

• AzsharaWIP.jpg
    AzsharaWIP.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 528
  • AzsharaWrap.jpg
    AzsharaWrap.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 497
Going high res would be kinda shooting yourself in the foot for the In-Game criteria IMHO...
Anyways, don't listen to me, I'm just jaded when it comes to high res.

EDIT: WIPs - I'm gonna do Azshara before and after Naga-ification

First WIP from me. It'll be a big-ass dude with hooves and wings with a Golden Cow Mask. This is the good guy.

attachment.php

They both look fantastic!

Level 14
She looks fat, AR, work out the shading of her stomach a bit. The way you have it now, it appears to be that her gut is protruding outward. Also, watch the monochromatic effect you've got now, it's going to probably get out of hand if I know you at all. :p

Dio, looks neat. I like the effect you chose for the metal parts. Good color choices too, I trust the blue parts on the shoulder are TC?

Level 8
The Doom Guard does deserve another chance to ge good, nice start. Very unique.

Azshara could use some more details that would make her stand out from other night elves, though you haven's finished the cape, so you can do something there. Good idea about the toga, but I'm interested to see what you heve instored for the naga version.

A.R.

Skin Reviewer
Level 25
Azshara went to the gym :p

@DevineArmy: that's great to hear! looking forward to your work

*performs Snoopy's Vulture Impression at Dusk until he makes a skin*

linusSnoopy_vulture.jpg

Attachments

• AzsharaWIP3.jpg
    AzsharaWIP3.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 263
  • AzsharaWrap3.jpg
    AzsharaWrap3.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 245
Azshara went to the gym :p

@DevineArmy: that's great to hear! looking forward to your work

*performs Snoopy's Vulture Impression at Dusk until he makes a skin*

linusSnoopy_vulture.jpg

Woah. Big change on the stomach. She looks a bit less "soft" now. But it's still quite fine.

Hm..I'm not hosting
...hehehe

Do you want to?

I don't know if I'd exactly call that "Opposite", but it sure looks good. But I don't like how her ribcage touches in the middle, if I'm not mistaken it should curve up a bit more.

Also, her brests seem a bit shiny, and the top of her forehead, right under her hair, could use strong shading. (Though I haven't looked at the model so I could be wrong about how the light should hit it.)

Status
Not open for further replies.