• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Test Your Creativity Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hello i was i need of some Necromancer spell ideas, Usefull ideas will get +rep, They also have to be like evil spells because the name of the hero that im going to give them to is Dark Magician.

NOTE: Spells must be suitable for 5 lvls, ad if it is an Ulti it must have 3 lvls.

Level 2
um...
shadowmind, passive, if you have the killing blow on a non-hero unit, that unit is revived with 20,40,60,80,100% health and 0,5,10,15,20 bonus damage.

shallow grounds, active, target unit is placed under the ground. when you die, the unit is released. cooldown decreases with level.

death corpse, active, teleports to target corpse, raising parts of its soul from the dead. 1200,1400,1600,1800,2000 range, raises 1,2,4,6,8 restless souls.

stilling raise, active, ulti, stops all corpes on the map from decaying, and brings 5,10,15% of them back from the dead.

these prolly all need a buff, but tell me what you think!

cheers,
lace

Level 9
I like all the ideas man, but some wold b hard to make, and for the first one i dont get how it is benificail to the hero, but nice ideas +rep

you should also check out this link :D

Edit: i have alredy given out 10 rep today so ill +rep you tomarrow ;)

Level 8
Black-out
Causes all nearby units (ally AND enemy) to miss on their attacks for a certain amount of time.

Cursed Wounds
Causes a unit to take damage over time. Any healing done to the unit will damage it instead.

Skeletal cage
Summons skeletons around a small area that cannot move but attack enemies inside.

Dark Regeneration
Whenever the necromancer casts a spell he begins regaining health and mana until damaged.

Black Pact
Performs a black pact with a target so that when the necromancer dies, his body will steal the soul of the target to live again.

Nether Strings
Grabs a target with a link of dark magic. Multiple targets can be held at once, but the necromancer cannot attack or cast spells while holding units. The held targets cannot get too far away from the necromancer else they will have damage done to them and will be warped back to the necromancer.

Level 22
Chain Of Nether, Active, Unit Target

The Dark Magicican casts a chain of nether on target causing a small impact with damage and leaves a strong dot after it, bounces to the next unit for x times.
Bounce times, casting range and damage increases by level.

Master Of Darkness, Passive, Self

Darkness evolvs around the hero, causing him to have bonus mana regenation and also when kills a unit it will have a x % chance to ressurect for the Master.
Regenation, chance and aoe increases by level.

Cursed Grounds, active, ground, aoe target

The hero cuases the ground to rip of from its current state, cursing it with a diesease dealing damage for all units that stands on it each second. Also for units leaving the ground gets cursed and gets slowed and having a small Dot.
Damage, aoe and casting range increases by level.

Black Implosion, ultimate, aoe, channeling

An dark implosion is created above the magician, causing all units in X range to take damage several times. The longer the magician channels the stronger the implosion gets and the X range will grow stronger to Y range. Also it will have a Z chance to lift up a unit in the air, friend or foe, then striking it into the ground causing another smaller implosion at the units current position for A seconds.
Maximum 3 implosions can be active at the same time, maximum 6 seconds channeling time.

WARNING! Drains hp instead of mana!

Everything increases with level.

Level 7
some ideas..

Strip Flesh: targeting unit is stripped from its flesh, dealing it damage. if the unit dies from the spell it becomes a skeleton.

Long Dead: targeting a point. there is a chance that somewhere deep down the earh at that point there is a corpse buired, animates an random undead creature (can be a normal skeleton warrior, an abomitain or even a skeleton of a dainasor!).

Disease: cousing a disease to spread (from a unit, area or whatever you'll make it). each unit inflected by the disease can spread it to anyone gets too close. the disease couses damage overtime but eventualy passes away. possible: units that die by the disease become undead.

Hands of the dead: can be targeted at an area. every enemy passing in the area is slowed and maybe damaged by undead hands springing from the ground and trying to catch it.

Grave Golem: targeted in an area with corpses (or animated skeletons). creates an grave golem from the corpses, can require a number of corpses being in the area or just create a golem of level fitting the amount of corpses. (alternetivly the bones can come to the caster and transform him to a monster for some time)

Power of the dead: an aura (may be temporal or activated) that gives the nacromencer bonus hp and/or mp reg rate by the number of corpses around it, comsuming the corpses in the process

Lichdoom: upon getting this ability the nacromencer transofrms permenently into a lich, retaining all skills stats and everything but getting stornger overall.

Level 2
Veil of Blood
25/22.5/20/17.5/15% of the Dark Magician's health is drained and expelled from his body to create a red dome of blood in a A/B/C/D/E radius around the magician for 2.5/5/7.5/10/12.5 seconds. Any unit within the dome takes damage equal to .5/1/1.5/2/2.5 of their maximum health every second. When the spell ends, the Magician is healed for 15/30/45/60/75% of the health drained.

Spirit Pact
The Dark Magician incants a dark ritual, summoning 1/2/3/4/5 damned souls from the Nether and binding them to his will. Whenever the Dark Magician takes damage, the souls take 2.5% of the Magician's health, then reflect 15% of the damage per soul onto the attacker. It is an active/passive skill. You activate it, it becomes passive. You unactivate it, it stops running.

Level 10
Bloodied Shell:
Channel, Touch, Organic target with 50% or less hp left
Effect: The Dark Magician wriggles his soul through the open wounds of the target, and takes control of the bones and the meat, leaving his own body lifeless and vulnerable while channeling this spell.

Summon Graverobber:
The Dark Magician summons a shovelling kobold enthusiast from the earth to dig up fresh corpses from the battlefield. 10% chance that gold coins spawn along with corpses!

Level 9
@everyone: Will give +rep for your ideas in a couple of hours, they are all very nice and i think that i will be able to complete the dark magician now, i will be posting another thread on Ability ideas for a swordsman, same rules apply, 5lvls, 3 for Ultis.

Level 9
==================================================

raise dead
raises a zombie from a random corpse. the summoned zombie does not have a time limit, but the maximum amount of zombies that can be controlled increases by 1 per level, also increases the zombies strenght somewhat per level.

level 1: can control a maximum of 2 zombies
level 2: can control a maximum of 3 zombies (summoned zombi is somewhat stronger)
level 3: can control a maximum of 4 zombies (a little more stronger)
etc...

death bomb
causes a target zombie to explode in a venomous splatter, dealing aoe damage and temporarily reducing the armor of enemy units in the aoe by 3 (+1 per level)

level 1: 200 damage 150aoe -3 armor (10 second duration)
level 2: 275 damage 170aoe -4 armor (11 second duration)
level 3: 350 damage 190aoe -5 armor (12 seconds duration)
etc...

i would definitely implement those two since they combine perfectly and require some micro to unleash the heros full potential. obviously still need to add 2 more spells that fit in and don't simply fullfill the same purpose.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Dead rising
By tapping the very source of his evil power the hero is capable of infusing undeath into many corpses nearby and morphing their remains into hideous monstrosities of unimaginable death brining capabilities. Unfortunatly the magic is highly unstable meaning their duration is limated and semi random.
Level 1 it can animate atmost 3 corpses with a 80% chance to become skeltons and a 20% chance to become zombies.
Level 2 it can animate atmost 4 corpses with a 60% chance to become skeltons, a 30% chance to become zombies and 10% chance to become gouls.
Level 3 it can animate atmost 5 corpses with a 40% chance to become skeltons, a 40% chance to become zombies, 15% chance to become gouls and a 5% chance to become an abomination.
Level 4 it can animate atmost 5 corpses with a 10% chance to become skeltons, a 50% chance to become zombies, 25% chance to become gouls and a 15% chance to become an abomination.
Level 5 it can animate atmost 5 corpses with a 40% chance to become zombies, 35% chance to become gouls and a 25% chance to become an abomination.
Statistics of summons vary with hero stats (like int or levels) and the strength of the base is dependant on quality (skeltons are weakest with abominations strongest). Duration should be aproximatly 60 seconds odd and is decreased randomly for each unit based on the number of units animated (penalty should decrease at higher spell levels).

Avatar of Death => transforms the necro into a lich
Rebirth =>rebirth after death
Death Cyclone => purple cyclone, 10% to half the hp of the target
Essence of Necromancy =>every corpse near the necro will rise (500 aoe)
Soul Supper=>Nearby corpses will transform into Neutral Passive shades and will be eaten for mana
Bone Armor=> like spiky carapace but its autocasted like frost armor
Corpse Explosion=>Nearby corpse will explode for 75 damage
Death's Grip=>the target will be held by the shade, the shade will absorb 2 hp per second while the target is stunned. The shade will return to the necro and give the sucked life to the necro. Last 15 seconds

Level 11
Before posting a spell, consider this in your mind. Let's assume that

Spells can be of four types:
  • Destructive Spells - spells that inflict direct damage;
  • Summoning Magics - spells that create units, change or manipulate the environment, or just miscellaneous spells;
  • Light Spells - spells that bear positive effects;
  • Dark Spells - spells that bear negative effects.

An example of a destructive spell could be a death coil, with target as a unit. The death coil bounces 3+Level times into living or undead unit. If the death coil was either cast or bounced into a living unit, then the unit will suffer direct damage. If the death coil was bounced into an undead unit, then the area, and all living units in it, around that undead unit will suffer damage.

An example of a summoning spell could be the simple Raise Dead already described by Dr Super Good. Or Life Channel spell. It's a spell with its target being a friendly undead unit. The caster transfers his life to the target unit, though the life transferred is increased by 200+LevelX10 percent. The spell is channeling, which means that its duration can be adjusted by the player via canceling the channel.

An example of a dark spell could be Vampiric Rage. A spell with its target as a friendly undead unit, which works only at night. It enables the target unit to drain life from its victims, also, if the victim dies after being bitten by vampiric-raged unit recently, it turns into a special vampire-like unit.

An example of a light spell could be Phantom Eye spell. It has its target being a friendly unit. The unit gains ability to see invisible units and gains an extended line of sight.

Level 9
OMG!!!! these ideas are amazing!!! +rep FUSHURE, i will post the ideas that i will use in a minute ;)

Edit: These are the spells that made it to the map ;)

1) Dead rising
By tapping the very source of his evil power the hero is capable of infusing undeath into many corpses nearby and morphing their remains into hideous monstrosities of unimaginable death brining capabilities. Unfortunatly the magic is highly unstable meaning their duration is limated and semi random.
Level 1 it can animate atmost 3 corpses with a 80% chance to become skeltons and a 20% chance to become zombies.
Level 2 it can animate atmost 4 corpses with a 60% chance to become skeltons, a 30% chance to become zombies and 10% chance to become gouls.
Level 3 it can animate atmost 5 corpses with a 40% chance to become skeltons, a 40% chance to become zombies, 15% chance to become gouls and a 5% chance to become an abomination.
Level 4 it can animate atmost 5 corpses with a 10% chance to become skeltons, a 50% chance to become zombies, 25% chance to become gouls and a 15% chance to become an abomination.
Level 5 it can animate atmost 5 corpses with a 40% chance to become zombies, 35% chance to become gouls and a 25% chance to become an abomination.
Statistics of summons vary with hero stats (like int or levels) and the strength of the base is dependant on quality (skeltons are weakest with abominations strongest). Duration should be aproximatly 60 seconds odd and is decreased randomly for each unit based on the number of units animated (penalty should decrease at higher spell levels).

2) Death Defying Scream (active) - Causes all enemy units within xx AoE to run away from the hero, also lessening their armor by xx and damaging them by xx every second. (Lasts xx seconds)

all the xx are modified by the lvl of the ability
3) Chain Of Nether, Active, Unit Target

The Dark Magicican casts a chain of nether on target causing a small impact with damage and leaves a strong dot after it, bounces to the next unit for x times.
Bounce times, casting range and damage increases by level.
4) Vampiric Rage. A spell with its target as a friendly undead unit, which works only at night. It enables the target unit to drain life from its victims, also, if the victim dies after being bitten by vampiric-raged unit recently, it turns into a special vampire-like unit.
5) Black Implosion, ultimate, aoe, channeling

An dark implosion is created above the magician, causing all units in X range to take damage several times. The longer the magician channels the stronger the implosion gets and the X range will grow stronger to Y range. Also it will have a Z chance to lift up a unit in the air, friend or foe, then striking it into the ground causing another smaller implosion at the units current position for A seconds.
Maximum 3 implosions can be active at the same time, maximum 6 seconds channeling time.

>>Sorry for the peoples ideas that i did not use, but i +reped you all for the help ;)
>>If anyone is able to create Black Implosion, i will rep and give credit ;)

Level 24
here's some ideas if im not too late

_Cannibalism_ (no mana cost)

(the Necromancer preforms the lowest form of sustenance
by consuming his/her own flesh to regain mana.)

L1:400 hp for 275 mana
L2:400 hp for 350 mana
L3:400 hp for 425 mana
L4:400 hp for 500 mana
L5:400 hp for 575 mana

=-_Summon Blood Wraith_-=

(Summons a Ranged unit with Leeching attack, maximum of 2.)

L1: X amount of hp and X amount of hp and X amount of leeching
L2: X amount of hp and X amount of hp and X amount of leeching
L3: X amount of hp and X amount of hp and X amount of leeching
L4: X amount of hp and X amount of hp and X amount of leeching
L5: X amount of hp and X amount of hp and X amount of leeching

*=-_Reaper's Apprentice_-=*

(Ultimate: if a hero is killed by the necromancer keeps a portion of his/her soul if multiple souls are collected the necromancer may consume the souls for massive amounts of Spell damage for X amount of time)

L1: 40 extra damage for X sec
L2: 50 extra damage for X sec
L3: 60 extra damage for X sec

Last edited:
Level 9
I can make black implosion, but not using JASS.
If someone else can make black implosion with help by using JASS, then if he makes, it will be higher quality.

I can make it anyway. Making...

Alright i will +rep you once you post it and i check it to make sure it works ;)

Level 11
Alright i will +rep you once you post it and i check it to make sure it works ;)

I'm going to make that spell.

I've already made it whole, but the part, where it starts raising units into air doesn't make any effect.

Right now I don't have an access to a computer with warcraft, but I will in approximately 1 and half of a day. When I get to a computer with warcraft, I'll start the troubleshooting process, find out what the problem is, and fix the spell.

You might have problems merging the spell into your map when I finish it. You can give me instructions and details and your map for me to merge my spell into it.

Level 9
I'm going to make that spell.

I've already made it whole, but the part, where it starts raising units into air doesn't make any effect.

Right now I don't have an access to a computer with warcraft, but I will in approximately 1 and half of a day. When I get to a computer with warcraft, I'll start the troubleshooting process, find out what the problem is, and fix the spell.

You might have problems merging the spell into your map when I finish it. You can give me instructions and details and your map for me to merge my spell into it.

Alright you just need to let me know what you need, such as names for variables and stuff like that ;)s

Animate Soil:

The necromancer calls forth a piece of unanimated matter to fight for him. Depending on that matter, the summoned creature will be different. To summon:

• Clay Golem: when used upon the Dirt / Rough Dirt / Sand / Desert / etc
  • Rock Golem: when used upon the Rocks / Peebles / Cobble / Bricks / etc
  • Marble Golem: when used upon Square Tiles / Marble / etc
  • Thorn Golem: when used upon Grass / Dark Grass / Vines / Poison / etc
  • Fire Golem: when used upon Lava / Lava Cracks / etc
  • Ice Golem: when used upon Ice / Ice Cracks / Snow / Snowy Rocks / etc
  • Blood Golem: when used upon Shallow/Deep water. The tileset below it will be ignored.
  • Death Golem: when used upon Blight.
You may prefer grouping some together... 8 are too much... xD

Level 23
HappyCockroach, you forgot Meat Golem! ^^
When yopu stand upon 2 or more corpses.

BTW, here are some shadow ideas:
Twisted Shadows - Creates "shadows"(clones)of the enemy units surrounding the caster that attack the caster's enemies
1 lvl - 20% of real unit's power(like if a unit near necromancer has 100 healt and 10 strenght, the shadow had 20 health and 2 strenght)
2 lvl - 50% of real unit's power
3 lvl - 75% of real unit's power

Strangling shadows the targeted unit's shadow becomes more real and starts strangling him damaging, making him weaker and slowing him down.
1 lvl - Slows the targeted unit 50%
2 lvl - Slows the targeted unit 60% and makes his attack 20% weaker
3 lvl - Slows the targeted unit 70%, makes his attack 40% weaker and gives him 5 every second

Level 9
Love the golem ideas man ;) , the only thing is, is that im not very good with spells yet so i dont think ill be able to make it :0 , and the shadow moves are VERY helpful, will most likely put on a different hero because the Dark Magician already has spells ;)

Gave you guys +rep :D

Level 9
Heres the names of the heros and their main attribute, none of them have backgrounds yet.

~Needed~

~Complete~

Swordsman : STR Human
Dark Magician : INT Night Elf
Stealth Warden : AGL Night Elf
Battlemage : INT Human
Shadow Shaman : AGL Orc
Sorceress : INT Night Elf
Dwarven Tressure Seeker : STR
Keeper of Earth : INT Night Elf

If you need any other info just ask :D

Last edited:
Level 23
Posting the first one:

Azh'anda lived in Winterspring and always was interested in the forbidden - magic. Once she went on the highborne ruins, and not only found some artifacts, but also anceint magics. She kept her secret for a few years, slowly becoming more and more powerful. When once a priestess of the moon who came in the village saw her, she almost killed her. No one has noticed that because magic her hair became white - sign of the transformation night elves suffer if the become mages. She was exiled from her village, and for years she, a night elves sorceress explored the ruins of Kalimdor, unlocking the ancient secrets.

Keeper of Earth : INT
"He would be a monk, defending its humble faith, apparently. However, inside the depths of his monastery, he would torture kidnapped followers. Once discovered, he was condemned to be buried alive, to pay for his crimes. Unfortunately, that wasn't enough to kill him. Before his last breath, Epheron, the god of Earth made him an offering. In exchange for his beating heart and breathing lungs, he would become immortal. He became one with the earth that was around him, and years later, he has risen from the grounds, but now his body is possesed by Epheron's very essence, fighting for the cause of nature."

:ugly:

Level 23
Braegan,was a wildhammer dwarf boy, living in a village.
Unlike his brethren he always thought about their titan heritage, and his talants in archeology, were not understood by his kind and he was barely tolerated. Once when emisaries of the Ironforge dwarves came, they noticed a strong boy who was exploring their machines. They understood who they found, and asked permission to take him in Ironforge. Soon, Braegan has prooved his talants and became one of the greatest students of the Explorers Guild ever. He went in the expedition in Northrend with Muradin Bronzebeard, and was never heard from again. Everyone though he died in the cold wastelands, but now he returned, much stronger and much more powerful and skilled.

EDIT:
Kandar the Shadow Shaman was an assasin, until he got a heavy injury. One day elements came to him in a dream and taught him the way of a shaman. His injuries healed, and he became a shaman, but he didnt like being a shaman. Elements were plain and boring for him. One day the elements talled him about the endless amount of elements in the world. Thats how he learned about the Shadow element. It was dark and twisted, but so was his soul. Now Kandar was no assasin and no shaman. He was the Shadow Shaman.

Torelan the Battlemage was a conjurer of Stormwind. When it has fallen in the First War he and the other survivors had to fight for life to survive in its ruins. After the Second War, New Storwind was built, and he, after long years of fighting became a Battlemage. When the city was destroyed again he fleed on a small ship, in search of peace, and a place to call a home.

Kureana the Stealth Warden was a sentry of the Watchers in Barrow Dens prison. She lived, and was totally satisfied until Tyrande Whisperwind destroyed the prison to free Illidan. One of the surviving Watchers, she had stayed behind in the ruins of their home, while Maiev went to capture Illidan. Hardly surviving the attacks of the corrupted creatures and their demon masters she has learned the art of stealthing, to defeat the enemies with higher numbers. Some time ago, the remaining Watchers left the Barrow Dens. One night she left her friends to find herself a new destiny.

John Dastar the Swordsman was a regular footman in the armies of Stromgard. When it has fallen, he became a leader of a mercenary camp, and became a swordsman, using his skills and strenght. After the third War, he was again alone, and became a wanderer, looking for a place in this world.

Tanavar the Dark Magician was a strange night elf, who hasnt slept in barrwo dens like all other night elves, because of his half-working magical addiction.. When Felwood was created his dark side revealed itself, as he was corrupting the forest, summoning demons and helping satyrs as a mage. His was the one who helped to find a place for the Skull of Gul'dan in Felwood. When the night elves destroyed the skull and demons, he ran away, to stay alive. After travelling through the tainted and corrupted lands of Kalimdor, leanring the ways of darkness and helping demons in Desolace he has finally returned.

Last edited:
Level 9
Yes, because i had a hero named Summoner of the Unknown but he was just..well...lets just say he was not that good ;), what would you recomend, like what types of spells?? summoning, active, passive??

Status
Not open for further replies.