• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terrain Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
raging, I came up with a couple ideas of terrains you could make for Pirates Tag every couple of versions, to make it more interesting and different.

1. A ship, would be a lot of work to get the pathing and all that right, and to make it look good, but I reckon if done properly that could look good.
  2. A Port or Town, just something like that for people to run around in.
  3. Maybe a cave or something like that with heaps of gold in it, like the one of the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie.
Well thats some ideas I have at the moment, tell me what you think of them. And if anyone else has any ideas about a new terrain that could be used for Pirates Tag, then feel free to post here in this thread.

Thanks a lot for the ideas Bob! +rep.

I especially like the ship and cave one, they gave me some ideas for something I could do. If I did a ship I could then add a cannon or something that you can activate and shoot with, that could be fun!

I am just bad at getting a picture in my head on how it should be formed, if anybody could come with drawings of how they think a ship terrain should be formed or any other terrains then do post them. The maximum size should sort of be like how the current island is in size now.

Do come with more ideas people, +rep to anything usefull!

Level 24
Ok, had a go at it, failed miserably. Can't really design a ship I think would look good and be good for a tag map. And as for a palm tree island, you probably wouldn't need anything like fireable cannons, because the terrain itself would be enough of a challenge to people, because of the strange shape.

Level 13
Ship.jpg

Sorry for the small pic (paint was acting up). Basicly, it is a bunch of tables connected to looks like a ship deck. Oversized flags to make it looks more realistic. Wooden gates on the edges of the boat to close it up and a little dolphan statue at the tip of the boat for a nice affect :). You could also make cannons on it and make them shoot out items every once in a while

Last edited:
Ive never played bomberman, lol.

Pathing blockers can be created\moved\removed my triggers, and you can use water falls to make it look right. Or riseing water. (Icecriwn glacier > cinmatic)

I think if you make the whole map water and rise land up (not clifts) then you can use triggers to do a terrian deformation to turn it into water...

It would be pretty hard probably though...

Level 18
What about a whole underwater themed pirate tag, like KKRP's terrain
Here
I think if that could be accomplished, it would be very sweet, but I would have no idea how to accomplish that, I know the rays of 'sunlight' are actually rays of moonlight, but I am not sure how he created the underwater haze
Maybe, you could have a begining cinematic that shows like all the villagers trapped on a ship, when it suddenly sinks, and then everything is underwater

Level 18
Here I just did something quick, I am not very good with terrain but this was my idea
EDIT: I experimented with some different effects, with the Outland Wind (Heavy), it looked like there is a heavy water current and the sand is sort of blowing, also the Dalaran Dungeon Blue Fog looks good

Attachments

• Underwater.w3x
    19 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
Heres some random island ideas. I think it should be, kind of, like elim tourament, were you can choose differnt islands.

For the three small islands at the top left, I was going to make it so you can travel between the islands like this: You step in the circle of power, and a trigger hides your unit and the boat goes to the other side, were you are moved to and reappear, and the boat stays there so you can go back over.

Attachments

• pirate.w3x
    79.5 KB · Views: 129
Level 18
I don't know if you have looked yet, but I think that nonzealots terrain is a little too cluttery, although it would be a decent pirate harbor, I think it wouldn't be very good for a pirate tag map, I tryed keeping mine fairly simple, and not too many objects in the way, except for the ship, I haven't looked at heretodlstuff's though, so I cannot say, that is just my personal opinion

I haven't looked yet, I am a bit busy, but just got holidays for 1½ week so I should soon find time. The terrains should be mainly simplistic, as objects will make your characters stop with the current walk system and too much objects clutters up playable game place in a way I don't like.

The more terrain ideas that you guys have got the better, even though I may only use 1-2 of your guys ideas it will all have been a help for me during development of the next terrain!

Level 3
I was going to suggest something like the idea famouspker49 had, (he beat me to it) but I was having an idea before that I never did anything about which is that, one part is that you dive into the water and you do a small part of the tag down there, which is solved with the transparent blue screen fade, and camera bounds to the under water part, then when you go up the water part could get fogged and the screen turned normal...
That's just an idea, I don't know if you are still working on this or anything // Best Regard, Zarakk

Level 2
hey guys i think there should be 4 courner islands and a little like, bunch of small ones in middle each corner island has a different terrain on it eg blitch light grass dark grass and desert.
the middle islands should be like the deserted islands with like 1-2 palm trees and a bit of flowers and thats my suggestion thanks for listening to it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.