• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What is 'Pirate Tag'?

What is 'Pirate Tag'?

Pirate Tag is, as the name states, a tag map (though resembles more a minigame than a tag) which currently supports up to 10 players. The map was originaly made for The Hive Workshops Minigame Contest, but peoples response to the map was generally very positive and so I decided to keep on working on the map even after the contest ended.

The gameplay and rules of the map is simple. There are basicly 2 teams, Pirates and Land Huggers. The Pirates must catch the Land Huggers to turn them into Pirates aswell. That cycle then repeats untill the last Land Hugger has been caught. Last caught Land Hugger wins the round, gains a point and is chosen as next rounds first Pirate. That then repeats untill someone reaches the aquired amount of points to win the game.

So what is so different about this game as opposed to other tag games? One of the main differences from most tag related games is that you don't use the mouse in Pirate Tag but move by pressing the keyboard hotkeys: I (up), J (left), K (down) and L (right). Another thing that makes it different is the general idea of the map, it's simple, more simple than most maps. There's no special abilitys, no building of houses and no gold collecting. All the map is about is moving around dodging Pirates, catching Land Huggers. The map will eventually get more features but that is the basic idea of it. Soon runes will appear which will effect the one that collects them and his sorroundings in a positive or negative manor upon collecting them.
If you have any further questions about what Pirate Tag is or if this article includes something which you don't understand then feel free to leave a comment.

Level 5
Hehe do i really need to say some thing...
JK sounds like a cool map i think i well try it :D