Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Terrain Ideas

Discussion in 'Pirate Tag!' started by Bob27, Sep 23, 2007.

1. Bob27

Bob27

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    raging, I came up with a couple ideas of terrains you could make for Pirates Tag every couple of versions, to make it more interesting and different.

1. A ship, would be a lot of work to get the pathing and all that right, and to make it look good, but I reckon if done properly that could look good.
    2. A Port or Town, just something like that for people to run around in.
    3. Maybe a cave or something like that with heaps of gold in it, like the one of the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie.
    Well thats some ideas I have at the moment, tell me what you think of them. And if anyone else has any ideas about a new terrain that could be used for Pirates Tag, then feel free to post here in this thread.

2. ragingspeedhorn

ragingspeedhorn

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Thanks a lot for the ideas Bob! +rep.

I especially like the ship and cave one, they gave me some ideas for something I could do. If I did a ship I could then add a cannon or something that you can activate and shoot with, that could be fun!

I am just bad at getting a picture in my head on how it should be formed, if anybody could come with drawings of how they think a ship terrain should be formed or any other terrains then do post them. The maximum size should sort of be like how the current island is in size now.

Do come with more ideas people, +rep to anything usefull!

3. Bob27

Bob27

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Glad that you liked the ideas :)

For the Ship terrain, I think the idea of a canon is a great idea, and as for the structure of the ship, I will see if I can come up with a nice structure, and then I will post it here.

4. ragingspeedhorn

ragingspeedhorn

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Sounds good. Just a quick paint sketch will do fine, nothing too fancy is needed :thumbs_up:

5. Mini-Me

Mini-Me

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    How about a palm tree shaped island? That would propably look nice.

6. ragingspeedhorn

ragingspeedhorn

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yeah perhaps, but what would some of the special things for the island be? Like a ship would have fireable cannons, what could this island have?

+rep for suggestion!

7. Bob27

Bob27

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Ok, had a go at it, failed miserably. Can't really design a ship I think would look good and be good for a tag map. And as for a palm tree island, you probably wouldn't need anything like fireable cannons, because the terrain itself would be enough of a challenge to people, because of the strange shape.

8. ragingspeedhorn

ragingspeedhorn

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Ah well, you tried, thanks!

And yes, perhaps I wouldn't need anything, but still, some small feature is always fun. Just a usable gadget somehow, such as cannons.

9. NoNZealot

NoNZealot

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hmm a pirate bay may help you like it was in Caribbean pirates the harbour of Singapore. Some dark ships and old wreckages can do a good look with some gray or black fogs as well and some sewers perhaps? :p

10. Parrothead

Parrothead

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Ship.jpg

Sorry for the small pic (paint was acting up). Basicly, it is a bunch of tables connected to looks like a ship deck. Oversized flags to make it looks more realistic. Wooden gates on the edges of the boat to close it up and a little dolphan statue at the tip of the boat for a nice affect :). You could also make cannons on it and make them shoot out items every once in a while

Last edited: Sep 30, 2007
  11. ragingspeedhorn

ragingspeedhorn

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It looks nice Parrothead, thanks. Though if I were to make a ship I would probably do it with the ship doodad pack that was recently released, still, thanks for your time and effort, +rep!

NoNZealot - Hmm, a pirate bay you say, I can't really remember how it looks like in the movies. Could you draw something up?

12. HeretoDLstuff

HeretoDLstuff

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Maybe make it so theres high\low tides, so if the games taking to long the tide will slowly come up makeing it so the maps smaller.

13. ragingspeedhorn

ragingspeedhorn

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Very good idea, very Bomberman like, but how on earth would I accomplish that? I have absolutely no clue!

14. HeretoDLstuff

HeretoDLstuff

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ive never played bomberman, lol.

Pathing blockers can be created\moved\removed my triggers, and you can use water falls to make it look right. Or riseing water. (Icecriwn glacier > cinmatic)

I think if you make the whole map water and rise land up (not clifts) then you can use triggers to do a terrian deformation to turn it into water...

It would be pretty hard probably though...

15. ragingspeedhorn

ragingspeedhorn

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Ah yes, terrain deformation, forgot about that, thanks... And I don't use any cliffs at all so it should be no problem.

This shouldn't be too hard, but I don't know if I will actually make it, at least not for now, but people are always free to make their own versions of Pirate Tag if they wish to do so.

16. NoNZealot

NoNZealot

Resources:
    Resources:
    " Could you draw something up " Does this mean make a map or make a image file? I can make both but my terrain skills on my map is not good :p

17. Parrothead

Parrothead

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I think it can be whatever

18. ragingspeedhorn

ragingspeedhorn

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Draw something up, terrain something up, whatever you prefer. If terrained it should just be openable in the normal WE without the use of any gadgets.

19. NoNZealot

NoNZealot

Resources:
    Resources:
    Heres the map

Ok here is the map for your terrain ideas. Let me say that my terrain skills are not the best so this is just to make somethings flash up in your mind :wink:. Anyway....

Attached Files:

20. ragingspeedhorn

ragingspeedhorn

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Thanks! I will check this out soon and come with my review of your work :)

+rep to both of you 2 for support!