Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Terrain Ideas

Discussion in 'Pirate Tag!' started by Bob27, Sep 23, 2007.

1. FamousPker49

FamousPker49

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    What about a whole underwater themed pirate tag, like KKRP's terrain
    Here
    I think if that could be accomplished, it would be very sweet, but I would have no idea how to accomplish that, I know the rays of 'sunlight' are actually rays of moonlight, but I am not sure how he created the underwater haze
    Maybe, you could have a begining cinematic that shows like all the villagers trapped on a ship, when it suddenly sinks, and then everything is underwater

2. NoNZealot

NoNZealot

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yay I'll be glad if you like that :D.

3. FamousPker49

FamousPker49

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Here I just did something quick, I am not very good with terrain but this was my idea
    EDIT: I experimented with some different effects, with the Outland Wind (Heavy), it looked like there is a heavy water current and the sand is sort of blowing, also the Dalaran Dungeon Blue Fog looks good

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 7, 2007
  4. ragingspeedhorn

ragingspeedhorn

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Thanks for the input famouspker49, I will check both yours and NoNZealot's maps out soon!

5. Kaitech[SanD]

Kaitech[SanD]

Resources:
    Resources:
    Maybe you should make the map in the shape of skull and crossbones? Maybe 2 Cutlasses overcrossing? 2 Cutlasses overcrossing with an eyepatch either side?

6. ragingspeedhorn

ragingspeedhorn

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Nahh, I don't think that would look very good in natural terrain. But thanks for the suggestion anyhow.

7. FamousPker49

FamousPker49

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Well, I hope you enjoy my terrain, because I like it lol, and I think it would be a little different and new for pirate tag

8. ragingspeedhorn

ragingspeedhorn

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I am rather busy and would like to use some time to review so haven't looked yet but once I am finnished with my big school project tommorow I will have time to look at both yours and NoNZealot's terrains!

9. NoNZealot

NoNZealot

Resources:
    Resources:
    " Big school project " Just wondering what grade? University? ( I hope I'm not annoying :x)

10. ragingspeedhorn

ragingspeedhorn

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Buisness/trading School (or something like that in English), last year.

11. HeretoDLstuff

HeretoDLstuff

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Heres some random island ideas. I think it should be, kind of, like elim tourament, were you can choose differnt islands.

For the three small islands at the top left, I was going to make it so you can travel between the islands like this: You step in the circle of power, and a trigger hides your unit and the boat goes to the other side, were you are moved to and reappear, and the boat stays there so you can go back over.

Attached Files:

12. ragingspeedhorn

ragingspeedhorn

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Some sort of island transputation thing might be cool. But I don't know about the whole elim tournament way of having levels to choose from, it would add a lot of size and the map should stay low-size kilobyte wise as it is meant to be quick to start a game on BNet.

13. FamousPker49

FamousPker49

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I don't know if you have looked yet, but I think that nonzealots terrain is a little too cluttery, although it would be a decent pirate harbor, I think it wouldn't be very good for a pirate tag map, I tryed keeping mine fairly simple, and not too many objects in the way, except for the ship, I haven't looked at heretodlstuff's though, so I cannot say, that is just my personal opinion

14. NoNZealot

NoNZealot

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yea mines is meant to be a little island in the game.

15. ragingspeedhorn

ragingspeedhorn

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I haven't looked yet, I am a bit busy, but just got holidays for 1½ week so I should soon find time. The terrains should be mainly simplistic, as objects will make your characters stop with the current walk system and too much objects clutters up playable game place in a way I don't like.

The more terrain ideas that you guys have got the better, even though I may only use 1-2 of your guys ideas it will all have been a help for me during development of the next terrain!

16. Zarakk

Zarakk

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I was going to suggest something like the idea famouspker49 had, (he beat me to it) but I was having an idea before that I never did anything about which is that, one part is that you dive into the water and you do a small part of the tag down there, which is solved with the transparent blue screen fade, and camera bounds to the under water part, then when you go up the water part could get fogged and the screen turned normal...
    That's just an idea, I don't know if you are still working on this or anything // Best Regard, Zarakk

17. ragingspeedhorn

ragingspeedhorn

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Still working on it, thanks for the suggestion, +rep!

18. NoNZealot

NoNZealot

Resources:
    Resources:
    I can't wait. I need screens to get satisfied O_O

19. nightelf_frenzy

nightelf_frenzy

Resources:
    Resources:
    hey guys i think there should be 4 courner islands and a little like, bunch of small ones in middle each corner island has a different terrain on it eg blitch light grass dark grass and desert.
    the middle islands should be like the deserted islands with like 1-2 palm trees and a bit of flowers and thats my suggestion thanks for listening to it :D

20. ragingspeedhorn

ragingspeedhorn

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Thanks for the idea, nightelf_frenzy, I'll think about it.