• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terrain Contest 6 - Poll

Vote or die mutha fucka vote or die!!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
I wonder why so many voted for Oziris' work, not saying that it sucks, but it has many flaws and it isn't polished to the maximum.

Here is some examples that could have been fixed:

terraincontestvi1.jpg

PS. There is nothing in the sky.. Normal sky box by Blizzard :/

Level 34
A lot of people don't see those things. Not everyone knows how to critique a terrain, and just look at it like a picture.

I'm inclined to agree with xerex here, and then frost, too. When you judge it as a terrain, it's average. When you judge it as a picture, same thing. : WHERETHEFUCKISTHELINEKEYONTHISKEYBOARD?
BUT I don't want to start more drama so I think I'll just go kill myself right now :)

HFR, Gilles goes very easy on theme. Usually people do. >___>

Also pyritie, no, hell no, especially not in a terrain contest

Level 34
HFR, Gilles goes very easy on theme. Usually people do. >___>
That's usually because people do a good job on the theme/the theme is easy to follow. This one is a little different, and I would probably give lower scores to people.

Again... am I judging? I have no confirmation from Void. He should definitely be the judge, but if he wants more, I'm willing of course.

Level 19
again i must say that the theme we chosen by the terrain contest poll turn out to be not just mythology but ancient history as well o_O
so i can say my hanging gardens gets 5 points because its ancient history xD gg
correct me if im wrong

Level 21
Lots of these have very little to do with ancient mythology... Some of them are awesome terrains though, but I'm not voting them cause it doesn't fit the theme well enough.

Vote cast on Raid whose lighting could slightly be improved (I personally think the hanging gardens will look so much better at daylight) but looks awesome either way. The theme isn't perfectly mythological either, but still close enough. Closer than some others...

The seven wonders still have this mythological feeling to them.

Level 19
Raid, but your terrain was awful on background and scars. The only good thing is that you spend much time in it. I don't think you deserve the first place :/

ye its kinda meh if i look at it now :/ but hell i finished it like 3 days after the contest started then never updated it again xD
im more than certain that Keiji will win this contest if i dont win it :p

Level 19
ye many of them just look at the one with most votes like mine and when they see my "above average" terrain they go holy shit i vote for you!

Level 12
my⋅thol⋅o⋅gy

   /mɪˈθɒlədʒi/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [mi-thol-uh-jee] Show IPA

–noun, plural -gies.
1. a body of myths, as that of a particular people or that relating to a particular person: Greek mythology.
2. myths collectively.
3. the science or study of myths.
4. a set of stories, traditions, or beliefs associated with a particular group or the history of an event, arising naturally or deliberately fostered: the Fascist mythology of the interwar years.

Level 5
Megafyr`s was the best, even if all of them was good so was Megafyrs the best
No more to say :grin:

Level 34
Done, and sent. I forgot that Void changed the judging to a simple /100. Makes it really fast, but I think the old way was better.

Level 10
I got to say about the judging, Ancient Mythology is imaginary these places do not really exist - they are mostly described in writing, and in many cases the accounts of what these places look like varry on the author.
It is then up to the artist to create somthing from imagination that represents the idea's of the myth.

If you google Valhalla there are many diffrent images they are not all the same - because the artist interprets the myth in many ways.

Pluss in the first post of the contest thread you put a picture of a epic castle... do you not consider that Ancient Mythology? If not why did you post it, that would be miss-leading.

So giving people low scores based on the "theme" in this case seems to go against the very thing mythology is - make belive and therfor is whatever the artist imagine.

There are many storys of epic castles, buildings, fortress' throughout mythology. What they might look like depends largly on the artist depiction.

Status
Not open for further replies.