• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terrain Contest 6 - Poll

Vote or die mutha fucka vote or die!!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
My opinion is that the theme was so wide, that most of the screens are just "some wilderness or forest with some stronghold" and dont have any mythology within. Next time, it should be better theme to make some specific scene from mythology (but very specific), becouse now, someone just terrain some random ancient city or forest and tells that it is mythology, where is different between some ashenvale forest and some forest from nordic legends?

maybe you see my point.

I voted for raid100, it was close to the "mythology" (but the gardens truly existed so it was more history than mythology, but whatever)

Level 36
The poll is only worth 25% of the final score. Hypothetical person A could get 500,000 votes on the poll while everyone else got zero, thus a 100% to 0% ratio, and so long as hypothetical person B got a judging score more than 50% higher than hypothetical person A, hypothetical person B would win the contest.

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
science_square_0.png

The poll is only worth 25% of the final score. Hypothetical person A could get 500,000 votes on the poll while everyone else got zero, thus a 100% to 0% ratio, and so long as hypothetical person B got a judging score more than 50% higher than hypothetical person A, hypothetical person B would win the contest.

Uh no. Lets say the judging was out of 50 and there were two judges. So 100 points from judging total, scaling to 75%.

Person A: (100% from poll = 25) + (let's say 26.666 from the judges * 4/3 = 20) = 45
Person B: (0% from poll = 0) + (let's say 60 from the judges * 3/4 = 45) = 45

Person B would have to get an overall judging score of 33.333 points+ (%) than person A to win. So that's 16.667 from each judge.

Level 36
Uh no. Lets say the judging was out of 50 and there were two judges. So 100 points from judging total, scaling to 75%.

Person A: (100% from poll = 25) + (let's say 26.666 from the judges * 3/4 = 20) = 45
Person B: (0% from poll = 0) + (let's say 60 from the judges * 3/4 = 45) = 45

Person B would have to get an overall judging score of 33.333 points+ (%) than person A to win. So that's 16.667 from each judge.

Oops. Same shit. So basically if Gilles judges, Raid wins, otherwise he doesn't. ^^

Level 10
Damn im noob, i didnt know your not suppose to vote for yourself. I shoulda read rules. At the time i voted everyone had like 1 vote so i assumed everyone had voted for themselfs i wasnt trying to be self centered. I didnt know it was such a crime... all my hard work gone to waste cuz of that... pfft

Level 19

huh what? o_O pl0x explain or did i not get this right? :O
# 50 % of the winner shall be determined by the contest's appointed judge(s).
# 50 % of the winner shall be determined by the results of a public, unbiased, uninfluenced, unmultiaccountfriendvoted poll.

Yep, the guy registered just for voting lol. He doesn't have any posts.

HELL!

Level 12
huh what? o_O pl0x explain or did i not get this right? :O
# 50 % of the winner shall be determined by the contest's appointed judge(s).
# 50 % of the winner shall be determined by the results of a public, unbiased, uninfluenced, unmultiaccountfriendvoted poll.

HELL!

They changed it. The polls are now worth 25%. Don't you read? :p

NOTE TO VOTERS: If you registered within the past month, you may not vote in this poll. This poll will be worth 25% of the final score.

I am just going to quit these contests because everything is shit when i enter.All ways some drama, well F*** i dont care anymore you can ban me from all contests i cant deal with this anymore.

Or are we?

HA! Got you worried, Ozi, didn't I? DIDN'T I? EH? GUILTYRAWRAWRAWRAWR.

Fuck*** you imo, i ain't felling guilty of anything.

Level 12
Wow, some very... unique and beautiful entries guys =D

I had real difficulty deciding between Raid1000's and Oziris's terrains...
but in the end I decided to go for Oziris, he's got a far more, original concept, and somehow.... he hasn't uberspammed doodads into it, it's a fine balance between too much and too little.
Great show everyone, I wish I could have worked on this as well :)

Raid1000 - The scene, and the amount of detail you've put into this terrain is so good, it's overwhelming... only one thing which I noticed is with your temple. It's kinda... the same doodads spammed over and over again xD
appart from that, I love the sky and the stars in it, and I love the brilliant background.

Oziris - You've also made a marvelous effort, I really like the setting / rising sun in the background, and the overgrown city is very well made as well, even though I don't like the Naboo model sets very much ><
The small rocky island to the right adds to the flavour, it's really pretty, and looks realistic too :D

Level 10
Anyways, i had fun in the contest up untill the voting part...
raid1000 really came out strong i think he set the bar very early and everyone else was just trying to out-do him. Megafyr, HFR and Oziris kept it going strong. This was a pretty hard competition. I myself probably made 3 diffrent maps befor going with the final.

GooS - if you had entered earlier you probably coulda dont much better i liked your concept tho.

ArcticInferno - Same for you, came in kinda late otherwise coulda done much better. I fail to see what this has to do with mythology, but mine could be anything too.

HFR - I like yours very much if i could change my vote i would vote for you. I like what you did with the lighting i wasnt sure how good this was going to come out but it looks great and you didnt get enough credit.

Megafyr - What can i say... awesome + looks like it could be playable, you should do somthing else with that terrain (im thinking cenimatic) I dont like how red the last submission came out tho.

frostwhisper - Considering how late you joined thats a really good terrain, i love the fortress in background. Only thing i can say is fairys are gay. xD

Acvong - I dunno about this 1... the fog is too thick, that lighthouse leaning over like that kills me and the sun doesnt look quite right. If you had put more work into it this coulda been much better.

Keiji - Your is cool - i like how its pretty much the opposite of mine. I didnt like the tree selection or the background tho. Its still good just needs some tweaks.

raid1000 - This is definatly epic, the building construction is very well done. The sky is lacking in a very bad way though and the glows in the doorways of the temples is coming from what? Cuz you can clearly see theres nothing inside them but theres this extremely white glow right in the doorway.

Darkyvm - I like the atmosphere very much but the sky and sun seems mess up.
Also hills seem a bit plain but this is definatly best work i ever seen of yours.

H-Bomber - This is like hell on a crazy acid trip. Not only can you clearly see the edge of the map but you decided to place glowing balls all around it to make it stand out even more. Seem amaturistic.

Belgarath - Yours seems far to simple, what is it suppose to be a wall? Anyways the vegitation and atmosphere are good but whats with those lights from above?

Cobra-B - The only person who actualy stuck with the Atlantis theme. It came out good. I like the corals and fish, looks like you put alot of effort into making it come to life. Its not epic though, woulda been cool to see more of Atlantis.

Oziris - Its good i would say on par with Darkyvm's. There is that 1 annoying tree on the top of the hill leaning over. The sky + right side of picture seem empty.

Status
Not open for further replies.