• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Techtree Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
I'm sure about this, although in its defense I can say that the paired contest over at wc3c where one person is the artist and the other person the coder seemed to be mostly successful and quite fun.

Anyway I cannot predict how a Paired Techtree Contest would turn out.. it could either be a crazy success or just crash and burn ;D

Level 16
How about a 'Super Structure' theme?

The super structure of each race can be in the form of a weapon (nuclear silo etc.), a beneficial building, or anything you can come up with. And it has to give the feeling of awesomeness, while in the meantime making it relevant to your race. And obviously only one super structure per race is allowed.

I'd like to hear other suggestions too ;D

Level 19
How about a 'Super Structure' theme?

The super structure of each race can be in the form of a weapon (nuclear silo etc.), a beneficial building, or anything you can come up with. And it has to give the feeling of awesomeness, while in the meantime making it relevant to your race. And obviously only one super structure per race is allowed.

I'd like to hear other suggestions too ;D

seems alot like the last one on WC3C, god units.

Well if we want we can choose a race, but otherwise its this:

A player chooses a race, and then makes a 'guild' or faction for it. per say, a 'warriors guild' so that is a kind of guidline for the race and its construction and hiharchy... perhapse there has to be some specific units, like a guildmaster, or a specific unit hiharchy... or somthing... i don;t know, perhapse somone else would care to improve upon this?

Level 16
@ The World Is Flat: I see. Then a race like this is going to see much more units and structures than an original blizzard race. But personally I think, 'why not'? The last techtree contest was to make a mini-race. Now its going to be a giant techtree race of sorts :)

Level 16
@ supertoinkz: I want to play SC2!! D:

@ The World Is Flat: Your idea looks decent for me :D But other people might come in later with different suggestions for a probable theme too. So I say that when we have enough theme suggestions then only we'll make a poll and let every potential contestant to choose their favourite theme. There would be be fewer complaints about the theme after that :D

How about we make it three months... because that when exams are over... a erfect tiem to start... infact we should probably keep track of it pretty regularly to maintain info on th ideas...

Now.. another idea could be 'creep attack' i dunno if they have already done this, but we could make a creep race contest as anotehr option...

EDIT

hahahahaha.... a joke.

Level 35
Didn't really read it all through, so someone might already have posted this:

My line of thought would be to create a race (type doesn't matter, I would be fine with a Starcraft inspired one, though maybe a tad unoriginal), but this race should fulfill 1 certain criteria and the contest should have one as well. (properly more.. but these are some basic ones):

The race need to be able to thrive and exists in to extreme situations therefor:

It needs to be as sneaky/fitting as possible, blend in with the surroundings (and not just by using the invisibility ability, no more like being a part of nature, but the same time being apart from it. An example:

You walk by a field filled with pigs, the second you look away all the pigs stand up on 2 legs and if you looked you would see the town around them hidden in the landscape.
Now there could be plenty of ways to do this or fit it into this criteria. The main idea would be the creativity. A race consisting only of flying units might also be something that could fit in.

The second criteria is more simple:

The voters poll should couldn't very little, as we don't want bias due to looks without balance and similar. Or vote's only for known people.

The amount of imports shouldn't be limited, except with a size limit. Every should be allowed to import spells, models, icons which they didn't make into the map. And it will be how effective they are used which will be judged. Either that or no imports at all.

Now.. another idea could be 'creep attack' i dunno if they have already done this, but we could make a creep race contest as another option....

Sounds a bit similar to the last contest, since that one mostly was based on creeps.

Status
Not open for further replies.