• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texturing Contest #29 Theme Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moy

Moy

Level 49
Gather up and suggest some themes, and we might add it to the pool.

You guys have a week to think of themes and then we'll have a poll for a week too. Good luck!

Current pool:
1. Terrain
Create a new ( or retexture an existing ) tileset. Doesn't have to be the whole but perhaps 4 tiles + cliff tile.​
2. Misha's Models
Retexture any Misha's model that uses a custom texture.​
3. Disease
Create a texture for any Warcraft unit with an infection spreading onto them.​
4. Light vs Void
Make something based on light and void themes.​
5. Faerie/Woodlands
Something like treants, wisps, faerie dragons and the like.​
6. Wild Beasts
Make a wild animal or some big monster.​
7. Monster Hunter
Create a texture that represents someone who hunts monsters.​
8. Dragons
Texture any unit (custom or ladder) to like a dragon.​

Last edited:
Level 11
  • Terrain - Create a new ( or retexture an existing ) tileset. Doesn't have to be the whole but perhaps 4 tiles + cliff tile.
  • N/A - Create a texture for a neutral creep if it were to change it's habitat to a different kind.
  • Disease - Create a texture for any Warcraft unit with an infection spreading onto them.
  • Mechanical - Reskin any mechanical unit.
  • Faction - Pick a unit from one faction and reskin it to another factions theme
  • Spawned unit - Resking any of the spawned/summoned units.

Last edited:
Level 35
Yea, doing a tileset would be nice. Been a while + fitting with the new WE and all.

Just adding one of my old suggestions from last theme discuss:
The odd one: Invisible challenge, of creating a unit that looks "invisible". As an example: Make a unit appear as if it is camouflaged in a bush.. or have partly turned to sand and so forth. Meaning a use of for instance alpha not just to hide parts, but also as part of more central areas and well I guess body painting techniques :grin:

And a new weird one: Texture inspired or of your avatar picture.

Anyway mostly for the tileset one myself.

Level 25
I probably suggested these ones before but oh well:
  • Alliance vs Horde - Create a texture that represents either the Alliance or the Horde.
  • Light vs Void - Make something based on the Light and Void themes.
  • Faerie/Woodlands - Something like treants, wisps, fairie dragons and the like.
  • Wild Beasts - Make a wild animal or some big monster.
  • Monster Hunter - Create a texture that represents someone who hunts monsters.
If five is too much, then just ignore Alliance vs Horde and/or Wild Beasts.

well i have nothing on my mind than re-texturing my own models, i'm not sure why you have constantly neglected that, when there have been instances of custom models being re-textured for a contest..

so.. let's see.. i do have some unique models among that mass of naga that i made with a custom texture. Dragoon, mr.scary, Mirjana, a slew of netherdrakes, weird mix of protoss and naga, mastermind tank, piranha, my own walls.. xD

something's bound to spark your imagination, even if you pick just one

can i involve direfury models? like creating a new texture for his model cuz of him only using ingame texture, but that sound kinda tough challenge

You'd have to be so lucky, having a model where the different parts of the model occupies different areas of the UV mapping. That or it would require rewrapping to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.