• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Techtree Contest #14 - Results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of playtesting, I did playtest my own entry a few times, but I overlooked some stuffs because I find the gameplay smooth enough, with my army getting heavily damaged from time to time.

For example, to be honest, I overlooked the Cherrybomber ultimate (only saw the problem when I saw Daffa's gameplay video). I just hoped everything will work out according to logic. I did find the Skystriker to be weak, but did not do anything about it since its weakness is vastly overshadowed by how powerful were the Thundergunners, Genesis Blades and the Artificer.

Most of my playtests were before I implemented a few more tweaks and fixes here and there. I was betting on luck that everything will work out afterwards.

However, in my earlier playtests, I did catch quite a lot of mistakes and errors, then fixed them. But for whatever reason, I had decided to let my guards down after some further changes.

By the way, sorry about all of those @Daffa.

No worries, partially it was my fault to not properly playtest some of the stuff due to my lack of time management. I was too focused on getting the heavier codes on my end to work and failed to notice some issues. Skystriker, even in the paper, seems to be messed up though. So yeah, completely my fault for that mess :p

Level 35
It's definitely one of those "live and learn" moments, but the race as a whole had a general concept that made it compelling to play, and that was even with it being a little atypical compared to most races. Balance wise it was suuuuper strong, but I enjoyed playing it a lot and look forward to seeing what you guys come up with in TC15 if you're up for it :)

It's definitely one of those "live and learn" moments, but the race as a whole had a general concept that made it compelling to play, and that was even with it being a little atypical compared to most races. Balance wise it was suuuuper strong, but I enjoyed playing it a lot and look forward to seeing what you guys come up with in TC15 if you're up for it :)

We'll see if we can get to the next one :)

Thought ya'll might need a little cheering up.

milos.png

Status
Not open for further replies.