• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tauer's Models 2.0

Level 39
I'm trying to work on something different for a shield. Not certain that it'll work, if not I guess he wont have a shield.

Like @Deolrin says, Magos does have its uses. I usually use it to preview my models and create particle effects. For actual model editing however, it looks like Matrix Eater is what you want to use. I don't have any experience with it (other than optimizing animations) seeing as I exclusively use 3Ds Max for the actual modeling.

@Sieben if you're serious about modeling, I can't recommend 3Ds Max enough. With Neodex plugin you get the best workflow by far.

Currently working on animating Turalyon. Also got Alleria unwrapped, so expect some WIPs of her texture soon.

Level 11
Like @Deolrin says, Magos does have its uses. I usually use it to preview my models and create particle effects. For actual model editing however, it looks like Matrix Eater is what you want to use. I don't have any experience with it (other than optimizing animations) seeing as I exclusively use 3Ds Max for the actual modeling.

@Sieben if you're serious about modeling, I can't recommend 3Ds Max enough. With Neodex plugin you get the best workflow by far.
Yesterday I tried Matrix Eater, like @Kyrbi0 suggested, and it is indeed better for what I tried to do (moving around some stuff! ^^). Seems easier to use for a beginner, although there is still a lot of things I didn't manage to do-it'll come with time. I'll consider using 3Ds Max someday, if it's not too complicated! I'll just need to find time to read a few tutorials now.

Thanks for the advice, guys :)

And good to hear about Turalyon and Alleria!

Level 39
Very early Alleria WIP:

WIP5.jpg

Still needs a lot of tweaking. And the face tattoo is obviously missing.

Level 48
The face is too squished, I feel. It looks small. And then there's also the nose thing mentioned above. I think the eyes need to be more slanted / thinner, and placed higher, closer to the eyebrows. Lips could be thinner as well. This may seem a bit nitpicky, but I feel like those things are pretty important in the long run - the portrait is a large part of the model's final look.

Level 39
Looking great!
The face tattoo and the lips are team colored ? That would be a very nice touch :)

Indeed it is, like the Warcraft II icon:

maxresdefault.jpg

Update:

GIF5.gif

Texture is going solid so far. Note that TC might look a bit different than the final result, the render in 3Ds Max isn't 100% accurate.

EDIT:

GIF5.gif

I think that's pretty much it as far as TC goes.

Last edited:
Level 11
This is looking very promising! So you're going to release our favourite couple together?
I'm not a fan of team-coloured lipstick (even in Warcraft II I didn't like it much!), but it still looks nice. I really dig your work with cloak and hood drapery. She's looking great in green and blue!

Level 39
I'm not sure if the proportions aren't too exaggerated, though - she is basically a stick figure. Hopefully, this'll look good in-game.

This could be a real issue. I've tried to make her as close to vanilla Sylvanas proportions as possible, but it's always challenging to give female models WCIII proportions while keeping the femininity intact. I might have to do some tweaking after I test it ingame the first time.

By the way - what about her bow? Are you planning to add that later?

The bow is already there, I just haven't gotten around to texturing it yet :p

Ohh oh oh, you dirty dawg.

:ogre_hurrhurr:

Any news about Turalyon?

Still animating him, Alleria texture has higher priority right now though. I'll be going out of town for a few weeks in the end of this month, and I'd like to get it finished before that. This is because I can always animate the models on my laptop, but I can't bring my tablet for texturing.

Had a bit of a busy weekend, only just now picked it up again. So not a whole lot of progress:

GIF5.gif

Female anatomy is... challenging. I guess I'm too used to those testosterone-filled Orcs :p

EDIT:

GIF6.gif

Last edited:
Level 12
Since this thread is mostly all 2nd war themed, how about serving the rest of the Sons of Lothar some justice? The current Khadgar model from Legion kind of destroys the whole theme of Medievh robbing him of his youth. And an Uther model maybe that's distinct from the generic WC3 paladin? Kurdran and Danath haven't even seen the light of day here in the Hive. W
@Tauer, would you be willing to complete the entire roster?

Level 2
So I really wanted to get Alleria's texture finished before I leave, but alas it isn't to be. I'm leaving for 3 weeks starting tomorrow and can't bring my tablet. I'm bringing my 3Ds Max files though, and I might get some animating for Turalyon done if I have the time.
are you alive?, it's going to be two months in a couple of days :(

Level 39
Hey guys.

So I thought I'd drop in and let you know what's going on. I am still alive, and have indeed been home for about a month. I have not been working on Alleria and Turalyon in this time unfortunately. I've had quite a bit of RL stuff on my plate, so I simply haven't found the time and motivation to get back into it. But, as always, it's just a matter of time until I get the urge again. I will be moving at the end of this month, and as such will probably be quite busy preparing for that in the coming weeks. After that is exam period. When that's finished (sometime mid-end June) I might have the time to get back into modeling. I know it's not what some people wanted to hear, but there it is. But don't worry - I'm not giving up on Warcraft's ultimate powercouple!

Sorry for the disappointing news and thanks for your support as always :)

-Tauer