• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tauer's Models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you use this as a reference ?

Sargeras.JPG

Looks nice, still needs a lot of tweeking though

Could you post a side view of the head ?

T

Level 39
Did you use this as a reference ?

Sargeras.JPG

Looks nice, still needs a lot of tweeking though

Could you post a side view of the head ?

T

Yes, that's the image I'm using.
Here's two more pics.
attachment.php

And side view
attachment.php

Still pretty new at edge pulling so yeah it probably needs some work but I think it's pretty good so far.

Attachments

• screen4.jpg
    screen4.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 427
  • screen5.jpg
    screen5.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 416
Level 7
I dunno about that tail.

The tail and goat legs make him look too much like a satyr. (A badass satyr to be sure, but still...)

Level 39
Well arccording to WoWWiki this is what he looks like:

Sargeras is a huge being almost beyond comprehension. He is fully clad in a burning suit of molten, black armor. Wildly dancing flames surround his head and form a thick mass of hair and a sweeping beard. A pair of horns extends from his forehead and a burning tail sweeps behind, leaving a trail of glowing embers in its wake. One of its arms hefts a massive, etched lance that is lined with a series of viciously hooked barbs. Demonic influences have given Sargeras body flames.

Not sure how correct that info is though.

Dunno about the anims yet, I might try to make my own or I might rig him and give him a set from an original WC3 model.

N.O

N.O

Level 6
Btw I have created a sargeras model but I won't submit so I hope you do a better sargeras. :)

Level 4
Nice progress, the horns are much better already. His proportions seem a little bit odd to me, too. It looks like his torso needs to be shorter in height or something like that.

I dunno about that tail.
The tail and goat legs make him look too much like a satyr

I don't now whether Tauer is going to do this or not, but by concept Sargeras' tail is burning (like many other bodyparts), that should probably fix that. :wink:

Are you going to make him more caster- or melee-like?

Level 9
I just thought of something i got from Wowwiki! The "Eye of Sargeres" might actually be his real eye or a trinket made from him, like the "Skull of Guldan", here what Wowwiki says

"The Eye of Sargeras is a gem-like artifact previously used by the dark titan Sargeras. It was found in the Tomb of Sargeras by Illidan Stormrage. The artifact was sought by both Illidan and Gul'dan, the former gaining it only through the aid of the naga, the latter being torn apart by crazed demons when his entourage was defeated. It is unknown if the Eye was Sargeras's actual eye, or simply an artifact in his posession when he was "killed" by Aegwynn, although it was described by Brann Bronzebeard as "the last remnant of his withered form"

This could mean you could make either an amulet with the eye or make his eyes look like the eye of sargeres, just a thought though lol, anyways wonderful progress man! Can't wait to see the texture you make for him!

{EDIT}
Oh btw, going back to some of your old unfinished projects, any progress on the Frostwolf Grunt? Lol I know it's old and you're probably more focused on Sargeras but I'm curious

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 39
Sorry for lack of progress, haven't been able to work much on him. I've started unwrapping though. The upper body is completely wrapped so I just need the legs, face and weapon.
After that, I'm gonna start rigging and animating or I'll begin texturing.
About my old projects, I'm probably not gonna finish them any time soon. Now that I'm learning to model for real, I'm probably not gonna do any more model edits.

Level 7
Tauer whats up man i been MIA for a while been very busy i am seeing this correctly that your makin Sargeras? sweet shit man cant wait and as always GOOD LUCK on him ;)

Level 17
Sargeras should have some sort of blade animation, as he did fight with his sword.

There is also another picture of him in WoWWiki. Just search for Aegwynn and search through there. He is extremely tall. o.o

Level 12
I just wanted to leave a message here, saying:

I love your models and the idea, hope to see more Clan based ones in the future, especially the Laughing Skull grunts ^^

qft
Tauer you are really awesome :D
Heroes/Grunts from many many clans are fuc**** well made.
Keep up good work :D

and btw i have some suggestions:

Blackhand the Destroyer
Warcraft1-black-hand-leader.jpg

Frost Wolf Grunt
No idea if u finished him :p

Zul'Jin
200px-Zul%27jinWallpaperCrop1.PNG

Garona Halforcen
200px-Garona.jpg

:p

Last edited:
Level 5
but there is no reason as to why he should given there is already one avaliable, and also once again theres no real reason to make such a suggestion given that he doesnt plan to make any more (from what i can gather)

Level 9
Why make a sargeras model when theres such a awesome one already around? (Not here of course, model im talking about is fucking awesome.) heres link

http://wc3xtreme.google.com/viewtopic.php?t=1706

Though if it came here it would be rejected, its mass edit of a WoW file, I've even tried this model ingame. Its so f*cking Sargeras material!

Dude, that model sucks, it's a WoW model, although edited, it's still a WoW model, and personally I like what I see of Tauers version better, cuz that one doesn't really match the concept art >.>

Level 12
The base was a WoW model yea, but also quite modified.

Just because it came from a Wow model doesn't mean it sucks, thats bad ignorance.

Level 12
it's also still a WoW model and not allowed, end.

Its not allowed here.

Regardless a model is a model, and its a awesome sargeras model =)

PS: Lol how you act over WoW models is like how a White guy used to towards blacks (I don't like him because hes black)

Status
Not open for further replies.