• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Tauer's Models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Hmm a short modeling tutorial from tauer would be great! And another question(i know that it is boring) Maybe a Sargeras model?

Level 39
Hehe, I am already working on Sargeras. You can see a WIP pic a few pages back.
I'm definately not the person to ask for a tut. I'm nowhere near that good.
But everybody starts somewhere and I started out using the Vertex Modifier and Geoset Merger. I also used Oinkerwinkles basic tutorials.
So just download those programs and mess a bit around.

Level 16
Omg if you will make all this models this grunts and heroes you will be the greatest Orc modeler in the whole history of warcraft:thumbs_up::wink::mwahaha:

Level 39
How do I do that? Delete the bones?
Oh and I began working on the mesh for my next model, Krasus.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 712
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 739
  • pic3.jpg
    pic3.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 711
Last edited:
Level 9
Hey man. how's Nekros? He seems to be coming along quite nicely so far, but may I ask is this model going to have a spell channel animation? I would like to know cause I' thinking of making a map kinda like Levdragon WC 2 or Azeroth wars and I might make like a trigger spell to capture Alexstraza with a channeling spell :)

Level 39
He does have a channel animation, though it's a bit unrealistic. He's standing on one leg :p
I still haven't found out why I can't export the damn thing though.
Another problem is that I just read Day Of The Dragon and found out that he actually has a wooden leg. Meh, what the hell. He's cool this way as well.

Level 9
He does have a channel animation, though it's a bit unrealistic. He's standing on one leg :p
I still haven't found out why I can't export the damn thing though.
Another problem is that I just read Day Of The Dragon and found out that he actually has a wooden leg. Meh, what the hell. He's cool this way as well.

Lol, I'm sure you'll get it right soon :smile:

Level 8
I learnt modelling, and I picked it up pretty quick (probably just cos the program I used was well organised... and free). if you really need help, I may be able to help.

Level 9
I learnt modelling, and I picked it up pretty quick (probably just cos the program I used was well organised... and free). if you really need help, I may be able to help.

Omg what programs do you use? I have Model Editor and Vertex Modifier and the like but I would LOVE to model from scratch if I can find a free tool

Anyways sorry for not posting this sooner, I've been abit busy on WoW and experimenting with my modeling tools,

Also Tauer I hope you find out the problem soon, I can't wait to see these models :grin:

Level 8
Omg what programs do you use? I have Model Editor and Vertex Modifier and the like but I would LOVE to model from scratch if I can find a free tool

Anyways sorry for not posting this sooner, I've been abit busy on WoW and experimenting with my modeling tools,

Also Tauer I hope you find out the problem soon, I can't wait to see these models :grin:

I use a program called blender. Doesn't make the best of models, but they are smooth, look nice, and a good start. I'll try and put a link on here.
http://www.blender.org/download/get-blender/ its an open source free to use 3D tool.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7paen5lz6cc here is a video of a short film made in blender. watch in HD for best quality.

Last edited:
Level 8
hey, I posted the link on here so others who are interested in modelling may try it, even Tauer (as he's struggling with his current program). Besides, I think this is a dead thread. Tauer hasn't replied in ages.

Level 31
hey, i don't know if you do requests (and i'm sorry if you said it somewhere i must've missed it), but could it be possible if you made mag'har model set? like with the peons, buildings, soldiers, (heroes are not needed but would be a great help :) )? please reply if you want to or don't :)

P.S. mag'har are basically brown orcs who were not corrupted by the blood lust, i'll give screenshots if needed

Level 8
I think he wants them as models. still, you can convert them to models. get the creators permission first though.

Level 8
I found him. He seems to have taken a liking into a religious cult, known only as "Real Life". Real Life, or RL as it is often called, is a religion which deminishes a persons need to use a computer for purposes other than emails and friendly chats. Tens of thousands of people fall subject to RL in what is quickly becoming a 'religious pandemic'. You can help prevent RL from happening to you by returning to every gaming site once a day, making sure your friends do the same would be wise too. The only other way to help prevent it is to send a LEET LICH KING ARTHAS LIMITED EDITION COLLECTABLE ACTION FIGURE to a frequent Hiveworkshop member known as 'Grishnakah'.

I do sincerely hope this advice helps, and that you do not fall subject to RL or any other religion. Take care, and good night.

Level 31
I found him. He seems to have taken a liking into a religious cult, known only as "Real Life". Real Life, or RL as it is often called, is a religion which deminishes a persons need to use a computer for purposes other than emails and friendly chats. Tens of thousands of people fall subject to RL in what is quickly becoming a 'religious pandemic'. You can help prevent RL from happening to you by returning to every gaming site once a day, making sure your friends do the same would be wise too. The only other way to help prevent it is to send a LEET LICH KING ARTHAS LIMITED EDITION COLLECTABLE ACTION FIGURE to a frequent Hiveworkshop member known as 'Grishnakah'.

I do sincerely hope this advice helps, and that you do not fall subject to RL or any other religion. Take care, and good night.

oh god no...:cry:

Level 8
Anyone willing to be brave and go undercover, get into this RL cult and retrieve our lost comrade?

Level 39
Patience guys! I'm not dead, and I'm not done with WC3 modeling, I've just been very busy in RL.
Good news is that I've begun on a 3D Modeling School and have been here for about 4 weeks. I've already learned tons of things I didn't know before. I can't wait to see what I've learned after a year! :)
So, you may see some fresh models in the near future if I find the time for it.
Bad news is that Nekros isn't gonna be finished. I might try to remake him later though.
I've begun work on something I might use for a WC3 model later.
Dunno who to make though. I've been thinking that I wanna remake Ner'zhul, I was never really satisfied with him.
attachment.php

So again, have patience, and I really hope I'll have time to make some new models for you!

:)

Attachments

• screen.jpg
    screen.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 464
Level 3
Furion horns are not gonna suit him according to the concept.

Also, I suggest you get somebody to do a kickass texture for that guy :p

Level 8
Does this mean I still get my *takes a deap breath* LIMITED EDITIO.... Stuff it. Do I get the action figure still? Oh, and stay away from RL. It corrupts you....

Status
Not open for further replies.