• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Tales of the Footmen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Welcome! To my series of
short campaigns.
Tales of the Footmen

Overview
A series of short campaigns following three Footmen in their life after being recruited by the Alliance military, Frederick, Sir Leon, and Volt, sadly though, all three will meet a terrible demise...
[tr]

Features
  • Max level is 6, as opposed to the standard 10.
  • All campaigns will only be about 2-4 maps in length, including possible interludes and finales.
  • All abilities have only 2 levels, and there are no ultimates.
  • All three Footmen will have a unique ability to compensate for the lack of ultimates.
  • Skippable cinematics!
[tr]

Author's Comment
One of the things you may notice immediately is my terrible terraining, please do note that i've never been good at it.
Ever.
[tr]

Tales of a Footman - Frederick
The story begins with Frederick after hearing of the Orc problem in Stormwind, he volunteers to be a Footman in order to save his homeland.
FrederickCineStart_zpse9438a03.jpg

FrederickHotBlood_zpsd22c4f74.jpg
[/td]
[tr]

Tales of a Footman - Sir Leon
No progress thus far, please be patient~
[/td]
[tr]

Tales of a Footman - Volt
No progress thus far, please be patient~
[/td]
[tr]

Attachments

• ToaFFred.w3n
    163.3 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
Level 30
Hello there, I see that you made the idea of yours into reality resulting into this as your project. Nice and to add, I have played your Campaign and it was good and just some minor problem.

So, the story looks decent and not that good because mostly we see those kinds of stories but the humor in the game makes up for it that made it interesting.

The footman hero looks fine. His abilities were not triggered but proves useful at his battle role. Though I do think you can use some bash attack sound when the footman's first skill is used rather than the Defend ability sounds which does not fit.

The terrain looks good though it lacks decors and is empty at open areas. Remember mostly in open area, it needs more decoration. Also, your terrain is flat. Use the Raise/Lower tool to make up for it.

Overall, the campaign in its early state looks good and I am looking forward for more.

Level 10
Hello there, I see that you made the idea of yours into reality resulting into this as your project. Nice and to add, I have played your Campaign and it was good and just some minor problem.
Thanks for trying it out~!

So, the story looks decent and not that good because mostly we see those kinds of stories but the humor in the game makes up for it that made it interesting.
I'll still attempt to change it up a bit in future versions to try and make it more interesting.

The footman hero looks fine. His abilities were not triggered but proves useful at his battle role. Though I do think you can use some bash attack sound when the footman's first skill is used rather than the Defend ability sounds which does not fit.
The defend sound is attached to the effect, but I do see what you mean.

The terrain looks good though it lacks decors and is empty at open areas. Remember mostly in open area, it needs more decoration. Also, your terrain is flat. Use the Raise/Lower tool to make up for it.
I'll see what I can do~

Overall, the campaign in its early state looks good and I am looking forward for more.
Thanks again!

Level 10
I had this thought to create 'Tales of (Collective term)' for every race's basic units after I complete this one.
So like:
Tales of a Grunt - Gyzug (Tales of Grunts)
Tales of a Ghoul - Joe (Tales of Ghouls)
Tales of an Archer - Rin'quay (Tales of Archers)

...But for now, I still need to finish the first chapter of this, haha.

Edit: First level's pretty much done, aside from potential bugs (Which is a bit difficult to find alone~)
Progress on the second has begun.
ToaFFred2_zps068f6ba0.jpg

Last edited:
Level 10
Alright, I've made some more progress on this, even though my interest in WC3 has plummeted I've been willing myself to at least do something.
Some stuff I've done, hopefully with no spoilers.
(There are no Dwarves or Elves or anything, only really Humans Vs Orcs)

- Added some more lines in the first level (Lines as in speech)
- Kenneth now heals the player if they're in range and under 50% HP
- 'Militia' are trainable in the Barracks (Although, I won't mention the mission you get them)
- 'Pyromancer' and 'Hydromancer' are mages that may be found in the Arcane Sanctum (Again, not going to mention the mission you unlock them)

I might make a multiplayer version of the campaign (Or atleast the final level) after I complete this. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.