• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Tales of a Footman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Should this have gone in Map Developement? If so, please do notify me.

This is just a random idea I had, not really developed in any way at all, just little tidbits of random info.

- A series of small campaigns, all focusing on a particular Footman in their everyday life, all ending horribly for the poor sod.
- First one will be about a guy named Frederick, his short campaign will be about 3-4 simple maps and takes place somewhere around Stormwind.
- Second one will feature a guy named Sir Leon. 2-3 maps around Northrend.
- Third will follow the Footman named Volt, this poor guy goes into the Dark Portal and ends up in Outland, you can probably guess how he's going to go. 3 maps in Outland.
- This campaign will feature only standard WC3 models, (Except for the Footmen heros, kinda need to add hero glows to 'em)
- Max level for all short campaigns will be 6, there will be 2 levels for each ability, and no ultimates. To compensate for the lack of ultimates, all three Footmen will have a unique ability.

Thoughts? Ideas?

Last edited:
Level 30
Your ideas seems great mixing different protagonist in game and so but your title doesnt fit anymore "Tale of a Footman" should be changed to "Tales of the Footmen" or something like that because it refers to more than 1 footman.

Overall, I suggest you to make this a reality and start developing it. Post this on Map Development and good luck.

Also if you are not yet familiar with BB Code please familiarize yourself for they will be a great friend and make your thread pleasing to look at and better you''ll get more view and comments for your map.

Once again and good luck, +4 REP for the great idea and to know that for a simple game its quite exciting to see through. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.