• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A Total War Conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi,

This is my first post on the hiveworkshop-forums, so please be easy with me.

I carried this idea in my mind for some while now: An idea of an complete Total War-Games conversion for Warcraft. I've never seen something like that on Warcraft before, and probably never will, if I don't start such a project myself.

I already have started with terraining (Europe around 200 BC), and I got some cool ideas concerning the gameplay. However, I really suck at triggering, thus I would need some more people on the project, who would actually be able to do that.

Ideas so far:

-Several nations (Romans, Gauls, Seleucids, Greeks, Egyptians, etc.) each with unit buildings and units.

-City map/Campaign Map: On the campaign map, you move your armies, diplomats, spies, traders, etc.; Cities are represented on the campaign map by a single building (like a town hall, named after the city, p.e.: a town hall named 'Rome'); On the city map, however, you can build new and upgrade old buildings to get better income/units/more food.

-Unit cards: Every army is represented by a single general on the campaign map. This general is actual with a hero, and such is able to carry items. Those items are the unit cards. Those unit card items are stackable and represent units. So if you have, let's say, a footman-unit card stacked 3 times in your general's inventory, and engage in battle, you will spawn your general + 3 footmen. You can as well place unit cards in a city on the campaign map, to defend it in case of a siege.

-Unrest: I'm not quite sure how I could put this feature into the mod. I thought about the following: The city building on the campaign map possesses a mana pool. If the mana in the city is at 100% the city is perfectly happy. If it reaches 0%, the city will revolt. You can adjust the mana regeneration/degeneration by building special buildings (like an arena or a theatre) or placing troops in the city.

-Round based campaign map/Real time battles

-Movement points for campaign map units

Open for discussion and brainstorming.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.