• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Grand theft auto: Vice City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I was considering creating a Grand theft auto: Vice City map. For those of you who have ever played the game, it has a crapload of missions. If made, every mission in the game would be in the campaign. I just want to have a General Idea and public opinion of whether or not you would like to play this. Thanks.

I think that in this section still must be some more rules, so people don't come with 'I got an idea a ZOMG LOLZ aos arena rpg with naruto, spiderman, mickey mouse and paris hilton.

I think the ideas should be more elaborated, is easy to come with a random idea, especially from another game, the hard part is realization. It is not need to be so developed as in map development, but something that you know you are able to run the project.

Level 7
Ok then, move the thread but I am not going to. I AM however, going to make this whether or not it is approved of. It is here not because of originality, but to extend upon the ideas already presented in Rockstar's game. I WILL close this thread if what above continues.

Level 18
Let me get everyone back into positions here.

Falconeye: You got a map idea (just the idea), but don't really know how to do it well. Don't worry, neither do I.
HappyTauren: You're right about the reason of this section. Here should be posts of idea's of how to make a map, not asking if people would like the map.
anderf: Please mind the language. We're here to post about the reason this thread has been made, not yelling at co-posters. And no: What HappyTauren posted as his first post was related to the reason for posting this thread.
Mechanical Man: Nothing needs to be said here, you're not in violation xD

Now what I suggest is:
You post your idea's on how you want to make this map, Falconeye. If you want people's opinion about if they would like to play the game, they should know how the game would work. Like anderf said: It's hard to make a game like GTA in Warcraft III. Remember the animations (not just shooting, but stealing cars and stuff too), the models (you can get a modeller for that), the triggers (going to be a lot of triggers to make it a worthy game), but most of all: The overall game experience. How are you planning to make people believe that this is GTA instead of Warcraft III? How do you plan to make them forget that they're playing a game based on dungeons, magic and ancient creatures, and actually think that they're playing a modern action game?

I'm not saying it's impossible, but it'll be a tough job. Major issue will be the camera positioning. If you can post your idea's for that here, people know what to expect, and give you a reliable answer, which is what you made this thread for instead of about 10 posts that don't actually are what you were looking for.

Level 7
Your post makes sense, but the game is already drawn out, I know how it will be set up and have been preparing to start for the past week. The camera will be 3rd person limited, (behind the character). If anyone is interested in helping pm me. As for triggers, it won't have GUI but JASS. I am well familiarized with the world editor. Custom tilesets will be used for pavement and sidewalks. This should take time but I hope it will be a success!

Status
Not open for further replies.