• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Project: Gangs of Grand Theft Auto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Ok So this will be my first official Map.
Codename: Gangs of Grand Theft Auto.
Based on three of the GTA games, GTA 3, GTA Vice City, and GTA San Andreas. Gangs of GTA will work as pretty much a risk game.
The Basic idea is to have territories all over these three games with trains and airplanes connecting each city. They take territories, build their gangs empire and attack other gangs until one is left.

When it comes to having a police, Im not sure if I should add a police because the player playing the Police would probably go willy nilly killing everything in sight. Unless the Police can be controlled to only attack when people are doing wrong doings, I wont add the Police.

My Siggy will always be showing the status of the project
And as for recruitment, I have made a thread for that.

Recruitment Page

Please Help out because this is my first map and I need as much help as I need. Sign Up Today!

Level 3
Small Progress

Ok, so I know I said that I wouldnt get started on the map until I had my people, but I just had to get started on a few things. They are not major things, They're just interface things. That includes the quest guides, custom loading screen, custom minimap picture, ect. Please Join today and help me with this project.

Level 3
That includes the quest guides, custom loading screen, custom minimap picture, ect. Please Join today and help me with this project.
Im working on just basic stuff right now its not much of a big deal. Anyways I think I came up with a solution to the Police. But with this solution comes a problem. Im thinking of making it so that when, lets say you are playing this game, If you kill someone, you will get one star, Police will spawn around your hero, and with each star comes out more police and tougher policemen. But heres my problem, Im not that good with triggers. I dunno how to make it for the game to know that your hero or units are attacking something, and something else, I dun want it to give you a star for everything you attack, You would quickly get six stars, so I would need to make it a certain number of kills, or a way to make it if the player keeps attack, after a certain amount of time, he/she will get another star.

Im also thinking about the idea of adding missions. Thats basically it for now

Level 3
10 bucks says this map is never finished. This idea is not strong enough to got through.

It might not be finished because noone ever helps me out, and with my skill, this map will never be finished. But what I hate about that statement is that you're instantly being negative.
I might aswell do this on my own but I cant do models for shit and I dunno much about triggering

Last edited:
Level 3
This is what I have so far:
The Loading Screen:
ggtav1.png

Preview Image:
ggtaminirender.gif

Quick FAQ
Q: What do you use to make the Loading screen and Preview Image?
A: I use Adobe Photoshop 7

Q: Can I take and use one of your pictures?
A: I dunno why you would want to do that, but I would appreciate if you wouldnt, I work really hard on all of my pictures and I dun like people stealing them.

Q: Where did you get the Grand Theft Auto font?
A: The name of the font is PriceDown, heres a quick link: http://www.dafont.com/pricedown.font

Last edited:
Level 12
No you did not, you copied it from the internet without citing it or giving credit to the original maker of the picture. I've seen that picture before sorry.

Secondly you didn't answer my question, what changes did you make in the map? Can we see the actual map please, screenshots or something.

Level 3
No I didnt, the only thing I got from the internet were the pictures inside the black boxes, they come from the gta series for the PS2. Everything else was made by me. My answer was something I had already said before. Im not starting the map until I have a crew. I only changed basic stuff. Which means the loading screen, the minimap picture, and changing the name of things in the interface. what I mean by that is like istead of the quest guide saying "Quest (F9)" it sais "Help And Credits"

I made those two pictures, and if you're accusing me of seeing those two pictures before THEN SHOW ME SOME PROOF BEFORE ACCUSING. Except for the screenshots of the GTA games, everything else is mine.

Saying "I've seen that picture before..." is no proof that I copied it. Either way you will not be able to find proof. I saved both of the .psd files for future cases in which I need to change either the minimap preview or loading screen.

Level 3
Tyvm, that is exact. I got the screenshots from the internet. Arranged the black lines and aranged the text and put it all together, its really not that hard

Level 2
I would be glad to help you out man....just tell me what to do, and i might got an solution for the police trigger for you, and im gd at making some kinda triggers, importing stuff,and units/items/abiletis/and i can attach items to heros, i can import skins and stuff to. and i go nothing else to do, ll other prodject closed :/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.