• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ganglands: L.A.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1

wip1.png

wip2.png

Presenting my first map:
Ganglands L.A.
Inspired by Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
This map is basically based on Gangs, even though there is a police. It is a Risk type map. You start of with your hero and a few units to take over a point first. From that point, that becomes part of your "Gang Empire". Units of your control will begin to spawn, a few at a time, but not like some other risk map where they spawn at a certain point, the will spawn at a random point in the neighborhood, as if they were just some person walking on the streets. The point is of course to defeat all the other gangs/police. The only way to get units is by those spawning on your streets. You can't make any of your own units except for special units such as an assasin and reviving your hero of course (which only takes money to cover the hospital costs and happens instantly). Everyone will start off as allies as well, and gangs can unally to wage war. The police on the other side can only attack one gang at a time, but by waging war he has the ability to capture the boss who then has to pay bail or try to bust himself out because of course the boss is the one who is the most powerful of the gang and the only way to get special units so without the boss you're stuck with only the people of the streets, which isn't enough to deal with a gang who does have their boss. So the job of the police is to make enough units to when he thinks he has enough to capture a boss. I am going to try to make it so that the police can only attack the gang with the most territories. Here I will post the progress of the map, and what i've done so far:

July 25, 2009 and before:
-Imported all the models I should need and created a quest that credits all the model authors and the hiveworkshop
-Added intro trigger which gives instructions
-Added ability for gangs to choose their gang name (only once)
-Added trigger to ally all at beginning
-Added trigger to give the police playing player (L.A.P.D. Chief of Police)
-Edited units to add L.A.P.D. Gang Unit HQ (Altar), L.A.P.D. Training Facility (Barracks), L.A.P.D. Garage (Workshop), Police Car, L.A.P.D. Chief Officer (Marine)
-Began making the terrain (20% done)

I am very lazy as well so this might take a while. Suggestions/Comments reply please.

Status
Not open for further replies.