• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

GTA 2 Dalaran City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey everyone, its been a long time since i released GTA: Lordaeron, practically a year and a half! And in my map i had said that GTA 2 Dalaran City was in development. Welllll....it was, then i had a huge pause in the development due to personal issues and slight lost of interest.

But, the time has come. Enough sitting around with this unfinished work, now I've got some of my motivation back to work on, and hopefully finish this game! For those who have played the first one, the gameplay will generally stay the same, just with a lot of added features. The story will be changed because i dont feel like being creative, so i basically am making the game revolve around a black list (kinda like Need For Speed Most Wanted in a way), so its easier for me, and it feels more GTA like in the way that you are performing more crimes. Of course the biggest (and best) change IMO is the city itself. Dalaran city is pretty nice if i say so myself; its bigger and more detailed, which is perfect for a GTA game!

I hope those who enjoyed the game the first time will be willing to wait a little longer as all i have left to finish is the story and the submissions, which shouldnt take toooo much longer!

If you've never played my original GTA and want to give it a shot, heres the link:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/maps/3379/

Thanks for the support i've been getting that helped me spark my motivation, and i hope to keep those interested in the game informed with updates and pics.

Level 8
I remember the original GTA Warcraft 3 game.... It was a good map but had incredible flaws like.
1. Everything but the cars were extremely cheap.
2. Kind of ugly terrain.
3. Very slow cars.
4. The upgrades (Especially the nitro.) didn't work.
5. Police never were much of a challenge.
6. You couldn't buy ammo.

Level 2
To Freaky, yeah i noticed that it was ignored. idk if i should repost the map, as it is kinda beta-like and messy, cept im done with it.

To Divine, yes, i've included three camera change modes, which include a close up from the ground view, a top view, and a further out top view. i may add some more if i think of any that may be interesting

To Moon, thanks for the critisism, i really did want to know the flaws of the map. I am kinda rebalancing the costs of everything so make it a little more difficult to buy things. The terrian in this map is a lot better IMO. i put in a little more detail, and did not leave a quarter of the map as a desert (i didnt like that) i think its a decent city :) as for the speeds of cars, i dunno what i can do because the game has that dang speed cap, i may readjust a tad, but we'll see. for the cops, i made it a little difficult, as they can spawn in different places now, and i made it a feature that if you drive your car on anything but road, it slows down. that should increase difficulty a tad. If i remember from the old game, i think you could buy ammo by buying the same gun again. I probably didnt add that instruction in, sorry :/

As of now, the map is over "done". I finished the story earlier today, and im adding bonus stuff. Afterwords, i will test everything out, polish it up, and it should be out soon! :)

Level 5
I'm interested in this. So theres GTA, GTA: Lordaeron and a possible GTA: Dalaran? Or are the first two exactly the same?

Level 8
To Moon, thanks for the critisism, i really did want to know the flaws of the map. I am kinda rebalancing the costs of everything so make it a little more difficult to buy things. The terrian in this map is a lot better IMO. i put in a little more detail, and did not leave a quarter of the map as a desert (i didnt like that) i think its a decent city :) as for the speeds of cars, i dunno what i can do because the game has that dang speed cap, i may readjust a tad, but we'll see. for the cops, i made it a little difficult, as they can spawn in different places now, and i made it a feature that if you drive your car on anything but road, it slows down. that should increase difficulty a tad. If i remember from the old game, i think you could buy ammo by buying the same gun again. I probably didnt add that instruction in, sorry :/

The speed cap can be changed by going to Gameplay Constants. (Up to 522) And I did not know that you could buy ammo by buying the guns again. But anyway I look foward to playing your map

Status
Not open for further replies.