• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] Heroes Tale

What do you think of the project map itself? (NO POLL TROLLING PLEASE)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
@IamFootman061
Thank you for the feedback and compliment.

Anyways, so guys. I do not know but after this discussion of me losing motivation, I suddenly had the motivation and now I can say I am working on a steady pace so I have finished all of the Forest's Terrain and also I have been able to place all units including allies and enemies on the Forest.

I have also made a terrain about the indoor house in the terrain. I need some more suggestions on what to put/place in it. Thank you!

I am now making the triggers available for the Forest and I might release the reworked v0.1 ALPHA after that.

Attachments

• Heroes Tale Terrain Screenshot 16 Remake.jpg
    Heroes Tale Terrain Screenshot 16 Remake.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 157
Level 6
@IamFootman061
Thank you for the feedback and compliment.

Anyways, so guys. I do not know but after this discussion of me losing motivation, I suddenly had the motivation and now I can say I am working on a steady pace so I have finished all of the Forest's Terrain and also I have been able to place all units including allies and enemies on the Forest.

I have also made a terrain about the indoor house in the terrain. I need some more suggestions on what to put/place in it. Thank you!

I am now making the triggers available for the Forest and I might release the reworked v0.1 ALPHA after that.

why spend so much time on terrain instead of focusing on gameplay and story? Terrain is probably the most superficial part of it... I don't know about anyone is, but it's the last thing I'm interested in an RPG.

I don't want things to look pretty, I want a story and gameplay. Being average is good enough for me

Level 30
why spend so much time on terrain instead of focusing on gameplay and story? Terrain is probably the most superficial part of it... I don't know about anyone is, but it's the last thing I'm interested in an RPG.

I don't want things to look pretty, I want a story and gameplay. Being average is good enough for me

I am actually not working on the terrain right now but on the stories, gameplay, triggers and misc. stuffs.

Level 11
I am actually not working on the terrain right now but on the stories, gameplay, triggers and misc. stuffs.

Thats nice to know but don't leave the terrain.
A good story is important but so is the look of the terrain because your terrain portrays the setting. You need not take it over the top but even some minor details to the scenery will bring your story to life and make gameplay a tad more interesting.

Having said that, the project looks nice overall, would like to see the changes you have in mind.
Good luck mate!
+rep

Level 30
@NKnight001
Thank you for the tips and compliments. I am really glad

Anyway, guys, I have been again in a slow pace due to being busy at school works but here are some news... I have made 2 Main quests already together with their cinematics, Item drops from Sapphire Stones (some kind of mining stones), an Item Stacking System, and much more...

Expect some gameplay screenshots soon and hopefully, by next week, the reworked v0.1 ALPHA.

Level 10

Imho, a pretty terrain is quite important in a rpg and I think I am not the only one who feels this way.

Of course you can't forget about gameplay and story, but sometimes it's better to do one thing after another.
As I can tell from your screenshots you're terrain looks well so far, improving needs time and therefor you shouldn't feel rushed.

Gotta quite a lot of untested rpg on my list now, but yea', I'll try it!
Keep up the good work.

Level 30
@Lockheart
Thank you very much for stating your opinion and also for waiting on testing it out!

Anyway, here are some gameplay screenshots of the game though showing only a little part of the game, I tested the triggers and some does not work properly but got to realized and solve out the problem. It seems its me being stupid is the problem (I forgot most of the triggers I used).

Attachments

• Heroes Tale Reworked Gameplay Screenshot 1.jpg
    Heroes Tale Reworked Gameplay Screenshot 1.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 66
  • Heroes Tale Reworked Gameplay Screenshot 2.jpg
    Heroes Tale Reworked Gameplay Screenshot 2.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 63
  • Heroes Tale Reworked Gameplay Screenshot 3.jpg
    Heroes Tale Reworked Gameplay Screenshot 3.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 83
  • Heroes Tale Reworked Gameplay Screenshot 4.jpg
    Heroes Tale Reworked Gameplay Screenshot 4.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 108

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
Some grammar errors as "that actually lives on the house."

However the way the English is more important in my opinion you write it like the character would tell the player things, he should not be doing that... For example :
"Here I am, in the middle of the forest and lost again... Oh, a house! That is quite weird seeing a house in a dangerous-looking forest such as this."

This is like the character tells the player "Okay, dude, I am lost now. Just so that you know it I say it." and the house "There is a house, okay it's weird but let's not care about it."

Preferable line would be like:
"Oh... this is just great. I am lost again this forest(./... again!) House? Why the heck would any one build a house in forest like this?"

And the Dwarf Kan tells you what he can be used for like the game would be a tutorial. (I am not sure if this part is actually.)
"I almost forgot, I am Kan and I am a Dward Blacksmith. I can craft weapons and armors for you if you want."

Preferably: (It would help to see the whole cinematic to make the lines fit better)
"Oh! But I am Kan, a blacksmith... and if you already didn't notice I am a dwarf. If you are in need of arms maybe I can help you out."

Notice that my grammar is not 100% correct however I think you can get an idea how you could write instead of tutorial-like or talking to player text.

Level 12
It's been quite some time I was inactive. Obviously there's many things going on in the hive. Anyway, Hell_Master, I would like apologize for my sudden hibernation/disappearance without leaving a word or two about the UI for this project. :/ There was just too many IRL stuffs to attend to. But rest assure, the UI is still intact in my hard drive and I'll will follow up the UI from where I left it. hopefully you'll be able to include it in your Alpha release. :)

Level 12
It's been quite some time I was inactive. Obviously there's many things going on in the hive. Anyway, Hell_Master, I would like apologize for my sudden hibernation/disappearance without leaving a word or two about the UI for this project. :/ There was just too many IRL stuffs to attend to. But rest assure, the UI is still intact in my hard drive and I'll will follow up the UI from where I left it. hopefully you'll be able to include it in your Alpha release. :)

EDIT:
Here's an in-game screenshot of the UI in action. To avoid any misleadings, the crappy terrain shown in this screenshot is for example purpose ONLY. I've made changed to the top right panels, and the cursor can be seen right above the water. :) I'm still in a dilemma of whether leaving the menu buttons with the original night elf green colour because it seems to fit pretty well. However, a golden/yellow recolour does seems to be viable too. I'll post another screenshot for comparison soon. And yeah, still working on Inventory Cover. D: not sure what to put there atm.

attachment.php

And sorry for being abit slow for the other components. I used to know their paths, and how the .blp is designed for each of them. But I practically forgot most of them and had to recall how they work. D:

Attachments

• HT UI preview4.png
    HT UI preview4.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 283

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
alone that looks nice however I feel like you need to choose which colour you actually want to use. Bronze + green wtf? :p

either go with the greenish colour like above the command buttons or the bronze colour like the one above the hero stats. because the following spots look rather odd atm.
HT%20UI%20preview4.jpg

as said well drawn but I think it looks odd :(

Level 30
It's great you are back, ALONE. I have been waiting for you and good thing that this is still not dead but sadly, restarted due to some unsatisfactory results.

Anyway, the UI looks great but I would have to agree to what Chaosy said. And also would be much better if you could maybe add some inventory slot symbols.

Thank you for the UI work!

Level 30
Here are 11 new Gameplay Screenshots that is a continuation of what I posted last. And I have also added an Attribute System and also a Level up Mechanic where you level up, you gain 4 points that is to be spent on raising your heroes' stats.

Added Systems:
  • Attribute System
  • Level Up Mechanic

Attachments

• Heroes Tale Reworked Gameplay Screenshot 5.jpg
    Heroes Tale Reworked Gameplay Screenshot 5.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 117
  • Heroes Tale Reworked Gameplay Screenshot 6.jpg
    Heroes Tale Reworked Gameplay Screenshot 6.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 72
  • Heroes Tale Reworked Gameplay Screenshot 7.jpg
    Heroes Tale Reworked Gameplay Screenshot 7.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 101
  • Heroes Tale Reworked Gameplay Screenshot 8.jpg
    Heroes Tale Reworked Gameplay Screenshot 8.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 71
  • Heroes Tale Reworked Gameplay Screenshot 9.jpg
    Heroes Tale Reworked Gameplay Screenshot 9.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 145
  • Heroes Tale Reworked Gameplay Screenshot 14.jpg
    Heroes Tale Reworked Gameplay Screenshot 14.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 101
  • Heroes Tale Reworked Gameplay Screenshot 13.jpg
    Heroes Tale Reworked Gameplay Screenshot 13.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 79
  • Heroes Tale Reworked Gameplay Screenshot 11.jpg
    Heroes Tale Reworked Gameplay Screenshot 11.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 98
  • Heroes Tale Reworked Gameplay Screenshot 10.jpg
    Heroes Tale Reworked Gameplay Screenshot 10.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 88
  • Heroes Tale Reworked Gameplay Screenshot 12.jpg
    Heroes Tale Reworked Gameplay Screenshot 12.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 95
  • Heroes Tale Reworked Gameplay Screenshot 15.jpg
    Heroes Tale Reworked Gameplay Screenshot 15.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 96
Level 14
The terrain is definitely an improvement from the old terrain. Keep up the good work, I hope it isn't too much work re-doing a lot of it. Good luck

Level 30
@Veritas117
Thank you for the compliments and yes, I am reallly trying hard for it to be that great. It's just that I always like to aspire higher.

@Lolzaxis
Thank you for the comment and the reworked ALPHA 0.1 soon though I hate to say it that it's not going to be released this week but surely this month.

@Wrathion
Why did I forgot that? Pardon me for that but I reverted it back to 4 because I balanced the way that the heroes gains stats on eaach level up. On it's old state, each level up, you gain 1 to all stats but now in the reworked version, you will only gain 1 point to your primary attribute.

@Remixer
I had to remove the ashenvales' rock tiles due to me using it on the House tile and thank you for the suggestions. I would try that.

@BronzeOregon
Long time no see, and thank you for the compliments. For me, it did not came that far for I only remade it and so restarting the progress but the quality is much better than the old state it is in the past.

So as I've said, I am very sorry for the announcement that I wont be able to release the reworked ALPHA 0.1 this week but surely, this month. It's due to school activities and such but I am really working in it.

Right now, I am finished on the cinematics before the fight with Von Leo and also the events that will happen after the fight. What's left for me is to make the cinematic between the Goddess after the fight and also, adding a spell for Angus and for the optional and main bosses as well and lastly, some testings to really make sure that there will be no harmful bugs in the game.

Level 7
Hello Hell_Master, I take a look again at your project again. I noticed that this was posted a year ago but you're making it too slow. The Process wasn't reach 50% after a year.

Btw, Here is some of my comments.

When I take a look at the compilation of your project. It's long but interesting and nice. Even it's too long, I read that.

The Features is nice. I like the socketing system where you can enhance your own weapon. But the other features is not that really unique. Most of it is in every RPG.

Gameplay is good enough. I really like SPRPG so I am subscribing.

Time for the terrain!
Well, Most of it is a nice terrain. I like the way you put a mushroom over the rocks. Nice creativity. But those insects that have a light doesn't look realistic because it's morning. The Pathing was quite empty. Try to put some small rocks there. Anyway, it's nice.

Well, The gameplay screenshot, the blacksmith is nicer than before. When I tested it before, the blacksmith is quite big but it's empty. Now, it looks better now because you make it smaller. And the quest log too, You need to put the objective in the quest log so. It's better than to put an in-game text.

Now, I am subscribing on this nice project and Good luck!

Level 30
@IamFootman061
You are actually right. It's been 1 year and yet I am not done with this. You can say that I am just really slow and lack of motivation strikes me always.

Anyway, here are 8 gameplay screenshots showing the game's loading screen, cinematics for the optional quests and before the fight with Von Leo. The fight after is bugging quite a bit so I can't yet show a screenshot on that part.

Also, added some items for the quests and also for the boss drops. Soundtracks are also imported with a reduced file size so in the ALPHA v0.1, expect a little small file size than the old ALPHA 0.1

Attachments

• Heroes Tale Reworked Gameplay Screenshot 16.jpg
    Heroes Tale Reworked Gameplay Screenshot 16.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 99
  • Heroes Tale Reworked Gameplay Screenshot 17.jpg
    Heroes Tale Reworked Gameplay Screenshot 17.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 104
  • Heroes Tale Reworked Gameplay Screenshot 18.jpg
    Heroes Tale Reworked Gameplay Screenshot 18.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 87
  • Heroes Tale Reworked Gameplay Screenshot 19.jpg
    Heroes Tale Reworked Gameplay Screenshot 19.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 79
  • Heroes Tale Reworked Gameplay Screenshot 20.jpg
    Heroes Tale Reworked Gameplay Screenshot 20.jpg
    217.8 KB · Views: 114
  • Heroes Tale Reworked Gameplay Screenshot 21.jpg
    Heroes Tale Reworked Gameplay Screenshot 21.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 70
  • Heroes Tale Reworked Gameplay Screenshot 23.jpg
    Heroes Tale Reworked Gameplay Screenshot 23.jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 90
  • Heroes Tale Reworked Gameplay Screenshot 22.jpg
    Heroes Tale Reworked Gameplay Screenshot 22.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 125
Level 12
I can't help but notice the loading screen is pretty blurry atm. I'm not sure what to go for to create a loading screen for Heroes Tale, but I gave it a try. What do you think? Since Angus is using the Arthas model-ish, so I've included his mugshot. :D If you want to add/change any info/text in it, do let me know. And this is just a preview for comments/fixes. If you want the HD file of the loading screen, I'll upload it for you. :) Plus I think this seems viable as a nice minimap preview as well.
attachment.php

EDIT:
There's still a few hours left before I go to the airport to return to my hometown, but I managed to clean up the UI color editings and here's the result. How is it guys? this preview is an attempt to fix the previously clashing color theme between gold/yellow and green. Still felt like there's something weird about the color though. Or it's just me. lol. But there's still lots of room for improvement. :) Any inputs on the UI are welcomed.
attachment.php

Attachments

• HTloadingscreen.jpg
    HTloadingscreen.jpg
    280 KB · Views: 181
  • HT UI.jpg
    HT UI.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 250
Last edited:
Level 10
Hey Hell Master! Seems like the progress goes ahead, even if it's in not-so-big steps! Im glad.
Just wanted to drop this message: Check your page 1, WIP Screenshots, Section "Forest of the Magical Goddess".

Seems like the code of your tabs is broken there. I assume it should be easy for you to fix it.
But if there should be a problem with I would lend a hand, too, of course.

Level 30
@AL0NE
Thanks for notifying me of this Loading Screen and the UI you've posted in this thread and I can say that they look great and charming. Do you mind sending me the loading screen and the UI when you're done with it?

@Wrathion
In what ways? Mind sharing some ideas?

@Remixer

Will do and thanks for the feedback

@Lockheart
Thank you very much for letting me know of this BB Code error. I have fixed this and also added the screenshots that are not yet added there.

@Heinvers
I've answered this in your VM.

Anyway, I am really sorry if I can't keep AGAIN to my promise but here are some updates to ensure you guys that I am really working on this.

I have added a Backpack system made by xorkatoss and it works like a charm and added many equipments and consumables in-game. What's left is for the boss spells and scripts, boss item drops and some further testing.

Attachments

• Heroes Tale Backpack Feature 1.jpg
    Heroes Tale Backpack Feature 1.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 112
  • Heroes Tale Backpack Feature 2.jpg
    Heroes Tale Backpack Feature 2.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 103
  • Heroes Tale Equipments 1.jpg
    Heroes Tale Equipments 1.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 102
  • Heroes Tale Consumables 1.jpg
    Heroes Tale Consumables 1.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 165
Level 30
Finished working on all 26 custom misc items and 6 custom purchasable items. Added a Creep Reviving System which revives Demonspawns, Creatures, Mining Stones, and Bosses each with their different times but still bugs on the part of the Mining Stone (Daffa's fixing this).

To further tests also, it seems the Item Drop System does not work as intended. I do not want to be the bearer of bad news as always but this happens. The unit killed always drops the same item and does not give any chances for the others to drop. (Daffa's fixing this by using a new Item Drop System that is in JASS by Adiktuz. Hopefully, this would finally end these problems).

Added also 2 new custom spells for 2 Legendary Items being dropped by Von Leo.

That is all for some bit of information.

Level 30
@Chenralstrasz
Thank you for the lovely and inspiring comment.

Anyway, Daffa's been able to fix the trigger and both the Respawn System and the new Item Drop System, they are now both JASS instead of GUI for GUI really has it's limitation I guess. Now, it's just a matter of time and the ALPHA 0.1 will be released hopefully if my hands won't be full.

Level 10
Loading Screen:
The Loading Screen is quite nice, and fitting for the project. Good Job Alone

Terrain:
The Terrain in my opinion is looking much better than previously, however it is missing something and can look rough in patches. So continue to work on the early areas as you continue with the project.

Overall Note:
I was hoping I could see some gameplay within the gameplay tab, however it is just walls of text unfortunately. I was hoping there may have been some actual combat to show off some possible new VFX you added in. Anyway the game/thread is starting to take a much better shape than the last time that I looked at it. So keep up the work.

Status
Not open for further replies.