• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tales of Athelor RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
file.php

http://talesofathelor.freeforums.org

Tales of Athelor is a Warcraft III RPG experience like none other. Why is this? The game is largely quest based - In fact, as of this writing, there are 52 fully dialogued, scripted quests, unique to each player, and of all different types, in the game world. But don't get sidetracked on that fact; there are many other features that this game has to offer:

• 10+ classes to choose from, each with a variety of different group roles.
  • 11 fully custom/triggered abilities per class
  • An attribute specialization system, allowing you to "spec" for effectiveness just how you want to.
  • 52+ custom quests of all different types, some never seen before in any Warcraft ORPG.
  • An epic main quest line whose progress saves with your character, so you may continue where you left off in the last session.
  • 104+ custom items
  • An in-depth item check system, which checks the item's level, if you are able to use it, if it is soulbound, and if you already have that type of item equipped.
  • Attention to detail in all aspects of the game. You aren't going to find bad English, storylines that don't make sense, or anything of the sort.
  • A backpack system, able to hold 6 additional items that will save with your character.
  • 4+ unique and challenging instances with scripted (yes, you read that correctly) bosses that will test you and ensure your group pays attention.
  • A toolbelt system, which holds all of your potions and consumables for quick use, without taking up precious inventory space on your character.
  • 3 camera modes to enjoy the game from.
  • A slew of in game commands to improve your playing experience.
  • Detailed lore on all aspects of the game, as well as an in-game Manual.

Background

The game takes place in the world of Athelor, a land plagued by a dark force at work. While this alone is big enough of a problem, factions that were once "subdued" by the Empire have begun to take advantage of this, and war is raging in all parts of the kingdom. You start as a humble adventurer in the town of Albradir, but are almost immediately caught up in a violent and mysterious chain of events which will take you throughout the lands. There is much glory to be had, but the question remains: How will *you* leave your mark in the history of Athelor?

Project Info

Tales of Athelor has been around for a couple of years now. It began as a game called "Unnamed RPG", and has since...well, been named! It is meant to be complex enough that people will not become bored or think it unoriginal, but also not overly complex, where, for instance, you have to click on four separate buttons to access your inventory. The game itself is still in development, but it *is* playable. I add content regularly, and save codes are only changed in the event of major exploits or glitches, which means that, for the most part, you can continue right where you left off from one version to another, as the game is being made. Plans are in motion to add professions and other nifty features to the game, but for now, expect numerous hours of gameplay, and alot of replayability. The game is meant to be played as a team - You can solo, but it will be more challenging. Also, as the game is quest based, you'll want to do quests to gain the bulk of your experience. Again, you can grind, but it will take you much longer and you will miss out on quest rewards.

Community

The original Tales of Athelor forums were booming full of discussion, suggestions, etc. Unfortunately, a while ago I stopped hosting the forums from my own host, and since then I have created a brand new forum for game discussion. This forum can be found at:

http://talesofathelor.freeforums.org

Everyone who plays and enjoys the game is welcome and encouraged to join the forums. The old forums were a great place to find groups for sessions, and I'm sure the new ones will be just the same once they get up to speed. They just went up, so give it some time to get the community, both old and new alike, to come back.

Download

The latest version of Tales of Athelor can be found here:

http://epicwar.com/maps/122444

Media

avellfrst.jpg

avellmtns.jpg

battlefield.jpg

cidal.jpg

heroesguild.jpg

hookcoast.jpg

orcvillage.jpg

splinterlode.jpg

veilwood.jpg

westerlands.jpg

Feedback is appreciated, and I hope that you all try the map and find it to your liking. You'll be among the first players to return to the land of Athelor since v1.24c came out! Enjoy and I'll see you in game!

~ The_Big_S @ US West

Last edited:
Level 4
Sounds good, may u add some screens
Testing....
Edit: Tested not long
+ New, nice Ideas.
+ Lot of classes with many spells
+ Camsystem
+Quests

-bag cant pick up items i cant wear = useless
-Intro is very bad
-Terrain is not to bad but could be much better
-To much items, which u cant wear.
- Only 100 items Oo

Level 4
Sounds good, may u add some screens
Testing....
Edit: Tested not long
+ New, nice Ideas.
+ Lot of classes with many spells
+ Camsystem
+Quests

-bag cant pick up items i cant wear = useless
-Intro is very bad
-Terrain is not to bad but could be much better
-To much items, which u cant wear.
- Only 100 items Oo

Thanks for briefly testing.

I'm not one to try to argue against other's opinion of the map. It is what it is, but I will say that the backpack can pick up any item regardless of if your character can use it or not, as long as they aren't soulbound to another player. There are also a pretty balanced number of items able to be used by each class and spec - Perhaps you didn't get far enough in to give it a chance.

Either way, thanks for the feedback!

Status
Not open for further replies.