• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Tales of Silventria Mechanics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Anyway send me that list of spell names, we may come up with some material yet,

p.s. I'm not making that Crusader's Code ability, its a stupid inside joke, wont even make any sense to anyone

Level 9
lol, well I found the excel file you asked me for, and you got 2 more heroes in there that no one seemed to mention, what are the assasin;s role in all this?

Level 16
Oh, we were supposed to design a mission where you play as the rebels and you're trying to infiltrate a palace and kill some high ranking general, for this mission you had 2 hero assassins and you had to work together to achieve this goal. It would've been a rather cleaver mission, first off you had to use owl scouts to avoid the partrols outside the palace, then kills certain guards who wouldn't be noticed, then you essentially had to hit a soldier with mark of shadowsight, and then "escape" such that the enemy thinks you gotten away but in reality the ability grants you vision of where the soldier is going and it was up to to you to use tricks and tactics to sneak through where he went to get to the general...

Level 16
Yeah but its not really the type of mission I like to design, but the assassin characters have all their abilities done...shame not to use them, as a matter of fact we may try to use them as regular heroes which fight for the enemy in missions

Level 16
I don't enjoy those types of missions, the making of the Rhivenhall scenario was a necessity for the progression of the story, otherwise I'd leave those missions to a minimum, its the big story-veiled battles that everyone likes, ye you could have a smaller mission here and there such as is required for the story, but big interactive events is what ultimately captivate the gameplay

Level 12
I think variety is what you need, if you just have large missions where you have to fight the enemy the player will get bored ive playd a tons of campaigns like that, they also lack story development in a progressive fashion in any way, a good campagin has lots of good elements within it, not just "large epic battles"

Level 16
I agree... I just don't like too much of those missions where you're sneaking around, and those missions usually end up being too short for my tastes

I think I've mentioned it numerous times that I prefer longer missions, in fact that's why I like some campaigns so much, they feature long, complex missions that take time to finish and add to the story

Level 16
upload_2017-10-13_19-45-18.jpeg

Level 12
I just like how he has his own bodyguards that not only have a strong attack and can critical strike, but can also ensnare flying units, they're definitely not as versatile as the zephyr but they can do some real damage, and can even defend against air attacks....nice unit

Level 11
I would suggest making all those bodyguard-type elite units have different abilities set for variety, for instance some could have critical strike, some could have bash, some could have something like a frenzy ability, this will make things much more interesting and fun for the player

edit

also give them creative names like "lionheart" for example to make things interesting, guardsman is just a generic title

Level 16
Yes, me and Aiden were debating on whether we should have ones with higher hp with critical strike or lower hp ones with the frostmourn life drain ability

Level 16
It's more complicated than that.

In essence the vamps or whatever you wanna call them will last longer in battle and be more of a threat, I'm even thinking of lowering their health regeneration rate to compensate for how fast they have their health restored due to the ability, also they need a lower attack, like 40-50.

Whereas the unit with the critical strike can have more health, as well as deal more damage (60-70) with no real problem, but it is not nearly as though, although just as efficient.

Level 10
wait i was assuming that this whole thing was looked from another perspective,

vamps = bloodsuckers = evil, so the vamps would make much more sense, plus the model looks good

Level 16
Those bodyguards would outlast the hero because of their ability, just look at how overlords have around 775 hp in vanilla, there's a reason for that you know

Also I really wanted for some elite units to have a special abilities, we have zephyrs, those council guards, and the ironguard which are generic, but I want each group to have a particular exclusive ability

Like Zephyrs are really fast, have spell resistance, and can attack air units

The council guards have spell resistance and powerful attacks

Ironguards are really tough, etc.

basically every elite unit I design will be "specialized" in this sense

Level 16
Almost every unit in the rebel's army has an "elite" counterpart, but they are just upgraded versions of the regular units

Warrior--->Blackwolf
Spearmaster--->Hydra (hydra replaces the spearmaster as its harder to kill because of increased regeneration, and has an attack that lowers the units defenses I believe)
Pyromancer --->Pyromancer
Mage--->Wizard
Avelbeast--->Avelbeast Elder

idk there might've been a few more

but again these units are not really elite; a Blackwolf has some special abilities and more hp, but a knight will still take it down, a wizard just has an extra spell and like 80 more hp...so if you meant these they are just "upgrades" of regular rebel units

Level 11
Lord Peradale was actually created by one of my buddies, so I'm not so sure about the inspirations for that one, he was just supposed to be the high summoner's right hand man, all his powers and everything else was created along the way

As far as the high summoner, he was based on Prime Minister Kosseimaru from WOS, his goal was similarly to liberate an oppressed people from the ruling regime, however his methods in doing so is slightly different.His powers however are very strong, and there is almost nothing he cannot accomplish with enough magical power at his disposal.

Level 12
crew? Shar just got mad at Blake, Aster, and me because of the Deus Vult pics

that's it

and he's still mad about it even thought it was months ago

Level 10
@San Are you kidding me? Siler took him seriously, he didn't fuck around in the arkain thread and they just banned him, he got all mad at me about it

I might've taken the Deus Vult thing too far, but I never meant to piss anyone off, just have some fun on my off day, that's it

Status
Not open for further replies.