• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Tales of Silventria Mechanics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Ok then, let me know if there is any character you'd like me to create otherwise I will focus on lore and certain abilities

Level 16
Update
Basically Lord Haldan is Rasler's buddy who is also a traitor but who gets possessed while conducting excavation at the newly discovered crystal quarry, so when you go there you have to fight him and then the orange dreadlord that possessed him, dreadlords don't really exist in silventria so this thing will be renamed to "soul reaver", also story wise we still lots of things to do

Reactions: Rem

Rem

Rem

Level 7
Major spoilers for story

The rebel's goals, or rather their leader's goals are to free a specific spirit who has been sealed with a mountain. The rebel's leader, believes this spirit to be a benevolent being who will help them win the war as well as rid of the world of various injustices like corruption, etc. however not everything goes according to plan, many of the rebels are defeated, and the mages at Rhivenhall perform various summoning rituals which not only summon demons to their aid but also awake something very powerful that's been sleeping for thousands of years...as the high summoner gets closer to his goal, will the allies be able to stop the spirit from being unleashed?

Rem

Rem

Level 7
Sorry

but spoilers make things more interesting, besides it really doesn't spoil any of the big surprises does it ? ;)

Rem

Rem

Level 7
2 things, think it will bring more interest than damage, besides we're still in process of making this, stuff could be changed, other things may be added, etc.

Level 9
i would like to advise u guys to make that shell thing an item ability, just have it reduce magic and spells by1/2 and forget the rest, that way it can be a rare item you get for completing epic quests

Level 16
@Razorfang I don't know if that would be possible without a few complications, I'm just a novice modder you see, I can get certain things accomplished and develop certain abilities, but I can't do everything or fix every single problem, infact Blake is a hell of a lot better than me at certain things

Level 9
But that whole concept has so much more potential, just think about it, you could make some units really overpowered with complex passive ultimate,

someone mentioned combining critical strike, cleaving attack, and a vampiric aura like ability, that would be something

Level 16
Yea, but those abilities combined would be too op, plus give me one unit that looks like it has a wide range of attack with a sword, we need to come up with other ultimates that are relatively easy to make and that really shine in-game wise

Here's a pic of the current item achievement:
upload_2017-10-8_13-44-41.png

Last edited:
Level 16
I've deleted a few replies, I think we may be able to re-do certain abilities, some mechanics may unveil new potential...

Level 16
No

By performing certain (demon summoning) rituals they called out to something and awoke it, but that something isn't in Rhivenhall at all

Level 9
Oh, now I see why that mission was so crucial to the story, so when do we get to meet this thing they summoned ?

Level 16
Trust me the story gets intricate, I dont wanna spoil any of the interesting stuff for you, I can safely tell you that it wont be what you expect

Level 16
No, the shadow demons are just there so you'll have a formidable foe to fight, Blake made up some good lore, it was just hard laying it all out in sequence

Level 16
here is the progress so far
Main character's abilities: 65%
Master Yanes's abilities: 100%
Rem's abilities: 90%
Lady Keose's abilities: 100%
Lady Dioneve's abilities: 100%
High summoner's abilities: 95% (some additional triggers needed)
Peradale's abilties: 100%
Idin's abilities: 100%
Darvel's abilities: 100%
Sorceress' abilities: 100%
Hunter's abilities: 100%
Summoned Champion's abilities: 100%
Lord Norn's abilities: 100%

But we still many minor and not so minor characters that we need to finish....

Level 16
This thread is basically all the stuff that makes up the campaign, in other words in contains way too many spoiler to be featured in the regular thread

Level 16
Oh, here we go again.... was any particular spell cast when it crashed, or maybe your hero reached a particular point in the map? Interacted with one of the key enemies? anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.