• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Tales of Silventria Mechanics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rem

Rem

Level 7
Very nice Azarus, might i make some suggestions:

oh hard have heroes from all bases teleport or run to the base that's being attacked
this should make things really difficult for the player

on normal make it so that only some heroes do this, and only the hero of that base for easy

I think this is exactly what you're looking for, just give each hero a permanent item of teleportation

Rem

Rem

Level 7
Or for example a hero has dark summoning as his ultimate,

on easy he just summons 3-5 footman
on normal he summons 2 footman 2 archers and 1 knight
on hard he summons 2 archers and 3 knights

what do you guys think?

Rem

Rem

Level 7
now i began to think about something else

what if the enemy prepared with lots of goblin mines at each location,

On easy the hero can already have the gem of true sight in his inventory at the start of the mission
On medium the hero would have to buy one for 200 gold at the shop
On hard the item isn't available in the shop

so on easy and normal the hero can avoid stepping onto traps, and can use various abilities to diffuse them, but on hard this will be unavoidable

what do you guys think?

Rem

Rem

Level 7
Also the enemy could have invisible/burrowed units, and this will allow you to neutralize the thread much easier.

Level 16
Upon hearing some suggestions from @Lord Aiden as well as @Razorfang I've re-did Rasler giving him Evasion instead of feral spirits and ensnare instead of the non-hero evasion, I also gave him 1 more armor, and 60 more mana, the other version was way too op as he would spam the wolves and seemed more like a mage hero than a strength hero

If anyone is wondering he still has 1150Hp, but has 480 mana now (60 more) and 8 armor instead of 7, @ level 10

upload_2017-10-6_7-31-38.png

Level 12
Evasion is better than critical strike because you can only critical strike when you attack which is once every 1.2 seconds or so, but you have a chance to evade every time someone attacks you, so evasion can really benefit you when you are fighting against a group of hostiles

Level 16
What about an Assasin unit, like a modified blackwolf that's always invisible, with a larger attack but less hp probably

Level 16
Advanced training is such a good ability: 15% chance to do double the damage and 14% chance to evade an attack....but whatever

Here's what I'm thinking for an assassin unit:

650HP, ranged attack, heavy armor

Abilities:

Envenomed spears
Ensnare
Arcanite Plating - Reduces the damage taken from Piercing attacks to 75%, and spells and Magic attacks to 85%.
Permanent invisiblity

this idea is half cooked at the moment

Level 10
If anything do a new critical strike type ability that allows the unit to do 3x the damage like 25% of the time, I idk if it works for ranged units, but if it does that would be the first ability I would be making

Level 10
Darkwolves themselves are an interesting, somewhat op unit, they got:

Ensare -Ensnares a unit for 10 seconds
Advanced Training - 15% chance to do double the damage and 14% chance to evade an attack
Arcanite Plating - Reduces the damage taken from Piercing attacks to 75%, and spells and Magic attacks to 85%

And while they are like an upgraded footman, and have an un-upgraded damage range of 27-33, they can do lots of damage to enemy units if send in packs. considering that they have a food cost of 3 and are relatively inexpensive gold wise (190) this would make them preferred as compared to rushes by higher tier units (which would obviously be more effective but would cost much more, both in terms of gold and food wise.

Level 12
They lack resistant skin, therefore can be mowed down rather easily using spellcasters, that's their one massive flaw...yes they do have good abilities, but they're basically tier 1 infantry with extra hp and abilities; they're like a grunt with a few tricks up his sleeve, and nothing more...

Level 10
Maybe like 860hp unit with critical strike, resistant armor, envenomed spears, etc. would have to cost 4 food though.

And that's what makes it a problem, more food > less units, maybe we should stick to it being 3 food but give it like 550 hp, that way even though its weaker there will be more of them out there

Level 11
Ok, I've done experiments with such units, all you have to do to make it effective is give it spell immunity and resistant armor, the envenomed spears and critical strike would just be extra stuff, but it would make it extra effective, as far as whether to make a strong unit that costs 4 food but has over 800hp or a weaker unit that costs 3 food and has 500hp or so...well make a weaker unit that costs 3 food but has like 625 or so hp...this will get balanced out perfectly. You'll have more units and its much more effective attacking with them in groups then with just a couple of them....

Level 10
I just compared the two Raslers, and @Lord Siler was right, the previous one was OP, this one is good, he can take some damage as well as dish out quite a lot, also a 30% evasion is a really good ability for him, the 15% one sucked, but this definitely gives him a good advantage.

Anyway regarding the story, we (me and Siler) are writing a few things up, Rem promised to help also. so we should have some lore done soon. Hopefully it'll fit in nicely with the campaign and if not we're willing to rewrite it, also a buddy of Siler's might be joining us, so give him a warm welcome if he does

Rem

Rem

Level 7
hello

i was having a conversation with Siler yesterday regarding abilities and i read Azarus' post earlier regarding his view of a healing ability, well what if we create a self heal like that, we use an ability such as item healing (greater) but replace the healing value with 0 and make a trigger that will determine how much hit points are restored based on current % hp

Siler made this, what do you think?

• Untitled Trigger 135
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Self Heal
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Percentage life of (Casting unit)) Greater than or equal to 50.00
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Set life of (Casting unit) to ((Life of (Casting unit)) + ((Max life of (Casting unit)) x 0.15))
        • Else - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • And - All (Conditions) are true
                • Conditions
                  • (Percentage life of (Casting unit)) Less than 50.00
                  • (Percentage life of (Casting unit)) Greater than 30.00
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Set life of (Casting unit) to ((Life of (Casting unit)) + ((Max life of (Casting unit)) x 0.30))
            • Else - Actions
              • Unit - Set life of (Casting unit) to ((Life of (Casting unit)) + ((Max life of (Casting unit)) x 0.50))

Level 11
Looks good, you guys should make it so that if the health is at 100% the trigger will then proceed to restore mana

Level 10
Someone was asking me regarding the Iron Giants you fight in Rhivenhall. Blake told me that essentially these things were "Giant machines powered by magic" and therefore very vulnerable to dispel and similar spells(I think this was mentioned ingame to, as a hint to the player). I asked him how he got the idea, he mentioned a particular boss in Final Fantasy 8, whose description matches that, he said he wanted to develop this concept even further... Now I've finally found out what he was talking about, here's a screenshot below

upload_2017-10-6_13-50-13.png

Level 11
Interesting stuff, how does he plan to develop this concept further? Will we be seeing more of machines powered by magic ?

Rem

Rem

Level 7
Hey guys guess what?
i think i found some of apostle's files that that I thought were lost, now these are some of the older thing (dating back to may) but I'm sure there are things we can salvage from them
hopefully we'll get lucky!

Level 16
Rem only found 3 files and some of the other spells appear to be unfinished, either because he forgot to finish them, or simply because they could not be made....I'm on this right now

Level 16
I think it was originally designed to make a very weak unit strong by reducing the damage it takes from spells by 1/2 and giving it a big bonus to armor, otherwise it can be considered OP

Level 16
Allow me to explain, originally Blake wanted an ability called "shell" which would significantly reduce magic damage (like magical resistance) only with it's own buff and some sort of energy surrounding the hero. This would make the hero significantly harder to destroy, well Apostle took this concept further and gave the hero +10 armor bonus. Blake explained this whole thing to me like this: in final fantasy 8, the sorceress Edea has a spell called shell which reduces spell damage by 50%, but this can be dispelled but the player can get a special ability called auto-shell which does the same thing as shell except its always on and can never be dispelled ...so this is where his shell idea came from, as I mentioned the other elements were introduced by @Apostle

Level 16
Well provide some ideas then, I'm all ears at this point, I may not be as good as Apostle but I'm willing to put time and effort into this, and with a little bit of luck, and maybe help from some of you we can get some very interesting things done

Status
Not open for further replies.