• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Campaign Idea Workshop by BatDominion1996

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 304046

D

Deleted member 304046

Initially, I simply wanted to make a brief list for my campaign ideas and concepts on my profile page, but due to character limit I was not able to publish it, so I decided to make a thread in the Idea Factory forum section. Might update it from time to time if I have a desire to, but no guarantees.

I am not developing any maps and/or campaigns since I am not good at it, but I was thinking about campaign ideas in my mind and came up with few concepts. In this case, these are anthology RPG campaigns featuring Orc protagonists. Set in the same continuity, but self-contained and enjoyable as stand-alone experiences (apart from each campaign briefly referencing the previous ones). These ideas and concepts can be used by anyone if they want to.

Mindwolf Clan Campaign: Tales of Berzhok

A skilled and noble warrior from a shamanistic Orc clan sets out on journey to master his innate connection with wolves. Accompanied by a good natured Pandaren Monk and later by a capable female Night Elven Archer, Berzhok travels to Kalimdor, committing just deeds and reconciling conflicts. Later on in the story, a Satyr conspiracy unfolds, threatening the state of the world.

Themes and motifs: Spirituality, wolves, diplomacy, mystical realms.

Fistbreaker Clan Campaign: Tales of Braka
A tough female Orc with an attitude and her clan of brawlers and pugilists seek out challenges, facing off against spider creatures, Golems, Black Dragons, cultists of the Blood God Hakkar, Cerberus, Lava Creatures and the mighty Gorian Empire, while gaining allies along the way, from Gnolls and Forest Trolls to a tribal, amazonian Orc clan living in the swamps and the Murlocs.

Themes and motifs: Physical strength, fighting, brutishness, challenges.

Tempest Wyrm Clan Campaign: Tales of Nysagra
A plucky wyvern rider embarks on the adventure to explore the world and find lost, ancient artifacts of her clan, befriending Kobolds, Sludge Monsters, a Succubus, Vulpera, the Dwarves, Pandaren, Tuskkar, Polar Furbolgs and the Nerubians throughout her travels.

Themes and motifs: Travel, adventure, exploration, artifacts.

Facts and lore details:
-
Mindwolf Clan is comparable to the Frostwolf Clan, as both are shamanistic clans, who reside in snowy mountains.

-A fraction of Mindwolf Clan, known as the Mindwolf Diaspora, is located in the Barrens of Kalimdor. For a while, they were in conflict with local Harpies, who considered the Orcs to be invaders trying to chase them out of their lands. This was settled peacefully after Berzhok convinced Harpies that the Orcs meant no harm and that it was all just a misunderstanding, as well as after proving himself to the flying creatures by completing a task for them.

-Mindwolf Clan represents shamanistic, spiritual and mystical side of the Orcs, while the Fistbreaker Clan represents the physicality, brutishness and aggression. Initially, both clans were enemies of one another for many years, a conflict between the brains and the brawn, but at the end of Tales of Berzhok, both clans reach the truce, with Braka becoming the new chieftain of her respective clan and the Fistbreakers transitioning from thugs and bullies to a bunch of rowdy punks. Rough around the edges, but not evil. This was due to most, if not all of its most violent members selling themselves to Satyrs to become stronger, but dying anyways, either being killed by the Night Elves or being betrayed by the Satyr Leader to increase his own power. The current members of Fistbreaker Clan, including Braka, are of the younger generation, who have no antagonistic history or quarrel with the Mindwolf Clan.

-A clan with the connection with the Wyverns, Tempest Wyrm Clan played a supporting role during one of the early chapters in Tales of Berzhok. Though neutral and not involved in the conflict between the Mindwolf and the Fistbreaker Clans, Tempest Wyrms treated Berzhok cordially. In her campaign, Nysagra expressed the opinion that the Tempest Wyrm Clan should have stood alongside the Mindwolves, something that the Chieftain did not argue against. Upon encountering a traveler Mindwolf shaman, who previously appeared in Tales of Braka, she apologized to him for her Clan not choosing to side with them.

-Tempest Wyrm Clan has the ability to perform a ritual that turns an individual into a Spirit Wyvern. Since it is a staple of the clan, it is considered to bring up this magic in Tales of Nysagra. One of the possible ways to do it is to allow players to chose which of the certain heroes (such as the Vulpera Hero) can travel alongside Nysagra or to be available to call for help during the missions as the optional feature.

-Night Elves are a legendary race, who defeated massive invasion of Demons a millennia ago. During the Tales of Berzhok, a selfish and narcissistic Night Elf, who was a Satyr and shared loose similarities with Dar'khan Drathir, wanted to take over the world by controlling demonic energies, though he was killed by the combined efforts of Berzhok (who had achieved the Wolf Form), Aynala (Night Elven Archer Hero) and Mingshu (Pandaren Monk Hero).

-Though it is not specified in the three campaigns, Sargeras - the leader of the Burning Legion - was defeated by Maiev Shadowsong at the cost of her own life. The very place where the battle between the two took place, known as the Tomb of Sargeras, lies in the island at the center of the Great Sea, guarded by the Naga.

-Though the Demons were destroyed and no longer the threat to the known world, Tales of Nysagra established that somehow a single Succubus exists, living in the forests of the Eastern Continent. She was approached by the Gallywix Cartel (a group of Goblins, who serve as the antagonists in the aforementioned campaign) to become the bride of the Trade Prince, but refused and was abducted as the result, unable to escape due to Gallywix using a magical collar on her. Being kept a prisoner for some time, with Gallywix considering selling her to Imperator Mar'gok at some point in the past, she was brought underground, where the Gallywix Cartel were carrying out their operations, which involved subjugating the Kobolds, she was freed by Nysagra. Later on in the campaign, she re-appears and helps Nysagra to take down the Trade Prince, whom she then takes prisoner and whips constantly as the punishment for her enslavement. Despite her demonic origin, this Succubus is not malevolent and never turns against Nysagra or anyone else.

-Naga were originally considered as the final antagonists for Tales of Braka, but it was decided not to include them. The final boss of the campaign is Imperator Mar'gok.

-Though it hasn't made an appearance in any of the three campaigns, Shadowmoon Clan inhabits the northern forests of the Eastern Continent. A prestigious shamanistic clan, led by Ner'zhul, it lives peacefully and has neutral/good relations with its neighbors - the Humans and the High Elves.

-After the events of Tales of Berzhok, the Mindwolf Diaspora, the Harpies, the Centaurs, the Quilboars and the Ogres (the Ogres of Barrens are not connected to the Gorian Empire) form a coalition to aid each other and exchange goods.

-The main antagonists of each campaigns are as follows:
  • Tales of Berzhok: The Satyrs. The Fistbreaker Clan serves as the main enemy in the first chapters and during one chapter in the Barren Diplomacy Arc, but in the later missions they team up with the Satyrs, only to be relegated to their minions and eventually being killed by the Satyr Lord.

• Tales of Braka: The Gorian Empire serve as the recurring adversaries in this campaign, with Imperator Mar'gok as their leader and the final boss. It should be pointed out that Hakkar the Blood God is the most powerful opponent in the campaign, both in-story and stat-wise, but the Gorians serve as the overarching foes that Braka, the Fistbreaker Clan and their allies face.

• Tales of Nysagra: The Gallywix Cartel come closest to being the actual antagonists, but my idea is for them to be defeated during the middle of the campaign, while the Northrend Arc, which is the final section of the story, does not feature them at all, instead focusing on Wendigos, Magnataurs and Dragonspawns as the obstacles.
-The general tone of the three campaigns is meant to be relatively light. Though there is a dramatic tension during the latter chapters of Tales of Berzhok, dark underworld creatures like Hakkar, Cerberus and the Firelord in Tales of Braka, and Gallywix Cartel attempting to subjugate various races and enslaving a Succubus in Tales of Nysagra, the plot and story is overall bright and optimistic, with characters achieving what they wanted and the good gals and guys experiencing a happy ending.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
-After the events of Tales of Berzhok, the Mindwolf Diaspora, the Harpies, the Centaurs, the Quilboars and the Ogres (the Ogres of Barrens are not connected to the Gorian Empire) form a coalition to aid each other and exchange goods.
Sounds familiar. 🤔
(all I read so far tbh)

Deleted member 304046

D

Deleted member 304046

Sounds familiar. 🤔
(all I read so far tbh)
Oh, I actually did not have the Tribal Dominion in mind when I came up with that. Was not trying to rip off your work. Sorry that I may have given you that impression. 🙂

Though there are some things in these campaigns that can be superficially similar to Arkain, they weren't meant to emulate/plagiarize your work and I take most influence from canon Warcraft RTS era, World of Warcraft and partially from a series of Chinese custom campaigns, which, I if I recall correctly, featured a female Forest Troll Hero and the Dungeon/Underground level with Hakkar, something that served as one of the inspirations/influences for Tales of Braka campaign.

Deleted member 304046

D

Deleted member 304046

Decided to post a picture of the first protagonist in the three campaigns, as well as to give some information on him.

Berzhok.png

Berzhok

Name:
Berzhok

Model: Nazgrel Dismounted (Hero) by @johnwar

Team Color: Red

Soundset: Thrall

Affiliation: Mindwolf Clan, Independent (after Tales of Berzhok)

Friends/Allies: Mindwolf Clan, Mindwolf Diaspora, Mingshu, Aynala, the Night Elven Druids, the Sentinels

Enemies: Satyrs, the Fistbreaker Clan (formerly)

Aligment: Good

Appearences: Tales of Berzhok (The protagonist), Tales of Braka (Prelude)

Personality: Honorable, noble, disciplined, well-tempered, skilled in diplomacy, strives to improve himself and hone his skills. A traditional, clear-cut hero.

Likes: Wolves, training, honing his mind, body and soul, improving his skills, learning, Mingshu, Aynala.

Dislikes: Evil, bullies, thugs, villains, Satyrs.

Deleted member 304046

D

Deleted member 304046

Two campaigns that take place after Tales of Nysagra:

Shadowmoon Clan Campaign: Tales of Ner'Zhul

Ner'zhul – a highly respected spiritual leader of the prestigious Shadowmoon Clan – leads his people against various enemies – Werewolves, Vampires, Skaven, the Hellborne and the Drow - who have recently began to threaten the lands and peace of his people. Yet certain tragedies will drive Ner'zhul into a darker path. A path of death.

While seemingly starting off as a heroic story with light tone, akin to the three preceding campaigns, it gradually begins to take a darker and more tragic turn as the plot progresses.

Darkspear Theater Campaign: Tales of Vol'jin

A jungle troll shadow hunter Vol'jin sets out to investigate mysterious visions of blood and death across the land, befriending a Tauren Champion, an Arakkoa, a Lost One Draenei, a female human ninja and a genteel Orc priest. Features Zandalari Trolls, the Blood Trolls, Zalazane and the Stomreaver Imperialists as the antagonists. Some of the missions focus on stealth rather than on direct combat.

Some of content in this campaign can be quite disturbing: Stormreaver Imperialists attempt to use biological weapons against the innocents or force the civilians to act as unwilling suicide bombers. The Stormreaver Imperialists are inspired by the Imperial Japan and Fire Nation from Avatar: The Last Airbender.
--------
Due to certain aspects of these campaigns I am not sure if I want them to be canon to Tales of Berzhok, Tales of Braka and Tales of Nysagra. I was considering that there could be two continuities:

Continuity 1: Tales of Berzhok, Tales of Braka and Tales of Nysagra happen, but anything afterwards does not occur. Werewolves, Vampires, Skaven, the Hellborne and the Drow do not exist.

Continuity 2: : Tales of Berzhok, Tales of Braka and Tales of Nysagra happen and they are followed by Tales of Ner'Zhul and Tales of Vol'jin.

Status
Not open for further replies.