• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Tales of Silventria Mechanics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

San

San

Level 32
upload_2017-10-31_21-57-14.png

Level 11
...and this turns from a thread about Tales of Selventria into a thread about how you guys angered Shar Dundred...

Level 9
thing about arkain was i liked the first book, then i was sold when i seen the intro to the second one. Sometime later I actually played the second book and was severly dissapointed, it not only was not what i expected, the missions felt rushed, unfinished, unpolished, and overally just not well constructed, the story is interesting, but thats about all it is for me, plus that whole thing with gardon becomming king and wanting to rule the whole contiennent just seems something like out of game of thrones or some other tv melodrama or whatever you call it

Level 12
Woa, I was just replaying WOS book 3, and Prince David (or azn David, or whatever you wanna call him) from the siege of Redmont missions seriously reminds me of King Tidus

Level 12
Before I forget, here's a list of titles you wanted
the vicious
the merciless
the vile
the guardian
the seeker
the pure
the keeper
the twisted
the tainted
the butcher
the skilled
the initiated

Level 12
so tell me something, although its still in the concept phase

the entity that the high summoner unsealed or releases or whatever, what exactly is it and do you guys have in mind

Level 16
it's some sort of high order spirit, very powerful but not a god or anything, but basically someone who attains an even greater power destroys that entity,

that's all I can say without giving away enormous spoilers

Level 16
Didn't you guys have a special ability in mind? THat's how all the elite soldiers are supposed to be in this campaign, each one has its own unique ability

Zephyr - Magical Resistance
Duskblade - lifesteal
Captain - true sight + spells
??? - Spell Shield

but all these units are gonna get is critical strike and resistant skin?

Level 9
problem with the flare ability is that it gets disabled if silence is cast on the unit, which wont make any sense because things like bash and critical strike dont get disabled by silence

Level 16
Oh I see, well what's the solution then? maybe give them a battle frenzy ability or something? Modified berzerk? Bash? something more creative?

Level 12
we're working on it, maybe that strong critical strike idea

also is there a passive that can decrease an enemy's attack?

Level 12
One thing we had in mind, (actually this was came out of something Rem mentioned about an item dark arrow ability)

we can modify this dark arrow abilty such that instead of summoning a unit it summons a dummy that casts some sort of spell that enhances attack power or speed or something similar

so you would have an ability called someting like "battlerage"
the description would be that whenever a Milrazer kills a unit he begins goes through battlerage, an ability that allows him to have a stronger attack, attack faster, or whatever it is that you make it

Level 12
Contact either Blake or Colonel Aster if you wanna play the betas, but I believe they have a crash issue if you play with the latest patches

Status
Not open for further replies.