• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Taking suggestions for new abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Bishop:

Last Pray: The Bishop put a protecting Shield onto the Player (an Angel or something like that ^-^'') That Prays for the Target. If the Target dies within ~5seconds, instead of dying he gains ~25% of his Max Health. (I would suggest a high Cooldown on this, something like 5-10min)

Well of Glory: The Bishop set a Well of Glory on the target Location that heals nearby wounded Allys. (With the Standart Wc3 Healspells of the Priest with just autocast. Healamount should not be very high ~20-30HP or something like that) for last 20sec. ~60sec Cooldown.

Assassin:

Shadowstep: The Assassin jump behind a Target, if it is an Enemy, find a weakspot and reduce armor by ~10 for 10sec. If it is an Ally, just jump behind it, (or maybe a small movespeed buff or something for the Ally). ~30sec Cooldown

Level 1
Bishop:

Last Pray: The Bishop put a protecting Shield onto the Player (an Angel or something like that ^-^'') That Prays for the Target. If the Target dies within ~5seconds, instead of dying he gains ~25% of his Max Health. (I would suggest a high Cooldown on this, something like 5-10min)

With that high a cooldown people wouldn't get it, especially considering the fact that it takes up precious space in the spellbook

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
hmm, maybe for the confusion ability you could make it so they only wandered and used damaging abilities on nearest creature. This would allow you to order them to deal damage - with spells- to their allies. Of course this also means that said spells need to be target-ticked for friendly targets.

And another bard ability idea:
Swashbuckler Stance: toogleable stance. Bard gets highly increased aggro, highly increased evasion, moderate increased armor, moderate decrease in attack speed, and slight decrease in damage per strike. (The idea, as you probably realise, is to give a bard the ability to become a tank. Not a tank similar to any of the other ones, but a totally new one, relying more on his evasion and (if specced right) hitpoints than on his armor. He will have to take aggro with the thief abilities normally associated with dpsing, but he will no longer deal good dps while in this stance). I personally think this could be very interesting. The bard will surely never be as good a tank as crusader or monk, but he can, in some cases be a main tank anyway, while in others he will be a offtank when needed who can easily switch to dps as soon as that is more worth it. It fits well with the jack of all trades theme of a bard too.

EDIT: The cooldown should be like 8-10 seconds - fluid changing is possible, but you will feel the penalties if you just randomly switch stance at any point.

Last edited:
Level 1
And another bard ability idea:
Swashbuckler: toogleable stance. Bard gets highly increased aggro, highly increased evasion, moderate increased armor, moderate decrease in attack speed, and slight decrease in damage per strike. (The idea, as you probably realise, is to give a bard the ability to become a tank. Not a tank similar to any of the other ones, but a totally new one, relying more on his evasion and (if specced right) hitpoints than on his armor. He will have to take aggro with the thief abilities normally associated with dpsing, but he will no longer deal good dps while in this stance). I personally think this could be very interesting. The bard will surely never be as good a tank as crusader or monk, but he can, in some cases be a main tank anyway, while in others he will be a offtank when needed who can easily switch to dps as soon as that is more worth it. It fits well with the jack of all trades theme of a bard too.

I really like that idea... Simple, yet useful

Level 14
Hm that idea would need further tweaking to make a useful spell. For example while this "tank stance" is enabled Song of Peace increases thread instead of decreasing it when casted on the bard.

But im sceptical that the whole "bard as a tank" really makes sense. Also remember that the idea of a evasion tank already exists (monk).

Level 5
Hey ^^ some ideas here...not gonna put exactly the amount of damage (multipliers) it does but just the outline of the ability...also names can change.

Druid - Arch Druid - (Requires Nymph) merges the druid to the nymph, unlocking the arch druid powers (empowers healing abilities + increases haste). This is broken once the druid dies or nymph is summoned again.

Necromancer - Sacrifice Skeleton - Instantly destroys the Targeted summoned minion to sacrifice its life healing the Necromancer the remaining skeleton Life over 10 seconds. (short second cool down - does not stack).

Hunter - Beast Bond/fury - Whilst a pet is summoned if both the hunter has slayed 10 enemies that give xp (5 lvl range) with its pet, this skill is enabled. (Caped at 20kills);
Fury -Resets the Beast Bond kills and Enrages the Hunter and the pet, increasing damage, and attack speed lasting for the amount of enemies killed. This subsides if the pet is killed.

Assassin - Clean Finish - A Sharp, quick finisher move, designed to finish of an enemy, deals very low damage, but triple damage if the target is under 20% health. (long cd) if the target is killed with this ability, the assassin goes into stealth for 5seconds.

Sorcerer - Electric shield - Deals minor damage every second to enemy units near the sheild. (if used on water element damage is doubled).

These abilities are vague but I thought of abilities that will make the class care more about their pets survivability instead of just thinking of them as replaceable meat bags... however in the assassin case, i just thought that class will be more 'stylish' with some well thought out timing.
The Mage had a fire sheild that everyone abandoned.... so why not think of more shields?

didn't bother with other classes because i actually haven't played them fully and dont know what to add to make them more 'diverse' Maybe a Crusader should have some sort of banner aura skill, i don't know... but these are just broad ideas, could feed off them to make something better ^^

will be absolutely epic if we could do cross class combinations :eek:.

Level 8
2ldvvwm.jpg

I was just wondering if you could make it so that spells have no delay between consecutive casts. Some scenarios:
1) The current endgame spellhaste of Bishop (well mine is 67%), you can finish channeling soul strike or flash of light in less than a sec so after targeting you immediately hit the key to cast again - this often results in a deselect (or selecting a boss/ally when you intended on targeting it).

2) Druid: Attempting to change target of remedy after the first heal tick

Was this intended to impede a free flow of spells (a pretty unfair nerf endgame considering how strong hunter/sins are, and with far easier gameplay) or an engine restriction?

Level 8
Paragon Strike, The caster strikes out with there weapon dealing ap x (Agi + Str / Int) Damage as well as causing all sources of damage again the target to bleed for your AP over 12 seconds. 16 second CD.

Necromastery, Improves the skeleton Warriors stats by 10% as well as granting them a 21% AP bleed. Improves the skeleton mage stats by 15% as well as causing there skills to cast 33% faster. Lasts 12 seconds CD 30 seconds.

Level 5
Paragon Strike, The caster strikes out with there weapon dealing ap x (Agi + Str / Int) Damage as well as causing all sources of damage again the target to bleed for your AP over 12 seconds. 16 second CD.

Necromastery, Improves the skeleton Warriors stats by 10% as well as granting them a 21% AP bleed. Improves the skeleton mage stats by 15% as well as causing there skills to cast 33% faster. Lasts 12 seconds CD 30 seconds.

+1 :thumbs_up:

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
The idea of a tanking bard is somewhat weird. I don't really see that happening, especially as there's already a selection of "when everything else fails" offtanks: servant of nature and the warrior merc (which btw works great - had it maintank the vampiress in D3 back in the days where 1.2A wasn't around).

It also has absolutely no active skills to back up a tanking style, so it would be totally dull and passive to play.

I can see a "sacrifice skeleton for HP" ability coming in the future to improve solo play. I don't see people using that for group content, though, so it's uses are pretty limited.

2ldvvwm.jpg

I was just wondering if you could make it so that spells have no delay between consecutive casts. Some scenarios:
1) The current endgame spellhaste of Bishop (well mine is 67%), you can finish channeling soul strike or flash of light in less than a sec so after targeting you immediately hit the key to cast again - this often results in a deselect (or selecting a boss/ally when you intended on targeting it).

2) Druid: Attempting to change target of remedy after the first heal tick

Was this intended to impede a free flow of spells (a pretty unfair nerf endgame considering how strong hunter/sins are, and with far easier gameplay) or an engine restriction?
The one second cooldown is both an engine limitation (it avoids a lot of lag-related issues and improves the playability of caster classes, by preventing accidental double-activation which will consume twice the mana for the same effect), but also a balancing decision so that there is a practical limit to spellhaste.

The cooldown on remedy is also a balancing thing.

Level 1
1) The current endgame spellhaste of Bishop (well mine is 67%), you can finish channeling soul strike or flash of light in less than a sec

How do you even get 67% spellhaste...

P.S. that steam signature had me laughing my ass off for a whole minute

Level 1
I can see a "sacrifice skeleton for HP" ability coming in the future to improve solo play. I don't see people using that for group content, though, so it's uses are pretty limited.

I don't think that's entirely true. Melee skeletons are usually useless in boss battles, and for those times when there's more than 2 players with somewhat low hp and healer is having a hard time keeping everyone's hp up, you won't have to worry about necro much, and since melee skeletons have little use, I'm sure you can sacrifice one or both to keep yourself alive throughout the whole fight.

Level 8
Crusader:
- Cover: Redirect all damage from an ally to the crusader. (melee range, 5 sec duration, moving away from target or attacking breaks the effect, 60sec cooldown, 5 mana cost)
- Brute Force: increase STR by lvl/2 but decrease INT by lvl/3 for next 5 attacks, cannot use any other skill until attacks are used up, these attacks have knockback effect (not on bosses/elite) (30sec cooldown, no mana cost)
- Pariah: Decrease INT by 15. Deal additional attack power x 1 shadow damage on each attack. Health decreases by 10% every second. All healing received reduced by 50%. (5sec duration, 30sec duration, no mana cost)

Berserker:
- Insanity: Healing received reduced by 90%, all stun/debuff duration received reduced by 90%, increase critical damage factor by 100%, critical strikes decrease threat instead of increase (10sec duration, 60sec cd, no mana cost)
- Bonecrusher: charges into an enemy dealing STR x 3 physical damage to the target and half that damage to yourself, attackspeed and spellhaste of both decreased by 20%, knockback effect, can interrupt casting (3sec duration, 30sec cd, cannot be used with shield)

Bishop:
- Needs of the Many: reduce power of Flash of Light, Heal and Soul Strike to 1/3. These spells will now have AoE. (Toggle, 30sec cd)
- Divine Intervention: Pull an ally to your position (long range, 20sec cd, 3 mana cost)

Monk:
- Storm Fist: Deal attack power x 3 lightning damage and interrupt casting. Thereafter deals spellpower x 3 water dmg in small aoe over 15sec, lightning resistance reduced by 10% (30sec cd, 10 mana cost)
- Meditate: Increase damage resistance by 50% which decreases by 10% per sec, nearby enemies think its a good idea to target Monk, cannot move or attack during this skill but can cast (5sec duration, 40sec cd, 10 mana cost) *I want stone skin replaced with this skill

Sorcerer:
- Concentrated Inferno: Inflict spellpower x 2 fire damage per sec on a single enemy, fire resistance of target and yourself reduced by 5% per sec, if this spell is interrupted by yourself or an enemy then you take fire damage according to how long you've channeled (lasts 5sec, 60sec cd, 15 mana cost)
- Ultima: spellpower x 10 magic damage, cannot cast any damage spell for next 10sec (circular AoE that slowly extends outwards from the caster, 120sec cd, 30 mana cost)

Necromancer:
- Mark of the Dead: Temporarily marks an ally as one that walks the nether realm. HP reduced to 1 but becomes impervious to further damage from any other source (5sec duration, 60sec cd, 20 mana cost)
- Manipulation: All current threat is transferred to skeletal warriors. (35sec cd, 5 mana cost)

Hunter:
- Maim: Deal attack power x 3 physical damage over 15sec, servant inflicts 30% additional damage to maimed targets (30sec cd, no mana cost)
- Precision Shot: Deal attack power x 1 poison damage and inflicts a random status ailment (blind/slow/silence) (10sec duration, 40sec cd, 5 mana cost)

Druid:
- Sentinal: Plants a tree on the battlefield. Allies near the tree are shielded from harm (like crusader's Cover suggestion),absorbs spellpower x 10 total damage, explodes upon max absorption or duration dealing the absorbed damage as magic damage to nearby enemies(20sec duration, 90sec cd, 40 mana cost)
- Spore: Micro-organisms are released into the air which causes slow and minor damage to enemies but haste and minor heal to allies (30sec duration, moves around druid randomly as if in the wind, 90sec cd, 30 mana cost)

Assassin:
- Shadow Dance: Backstabs all nearby enemies dealing attack power x 5 shadow damage over 15sec and silencing them for 3sec (Can only be used from stealth, 35sec cd, 4 mana cost)
- Dark Pact: Attacking from stealth will now cause attack power x 5 shadow damage, increases attack power by 20%, damage received by 10% and threat generated by 20%, going into stealth will now cost 20% current health (toggle, costs 50% current health to deactivate)

Bard:
- Song of Fervor: Increases attack speed by 10%, spell haste by 10% and movement speed by 5%
- Perfect Pitch: Deal AGI x 1 magic damage per sec around the caster (20% chance for this damage to interrupt spell casting), allies cannot miss attacks, bard cannot attack (15sec duration, 60sec cd)

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
I don't think that's entirely true. Melee skeletons are usually useless in boss battles, and for those times when there's more than 2 players with somewhat low hp and healer is having a hard time keeping everyone's hp up, you won't have to worry about necro much, and since melee skeletons have little use, I'm sure you can sacrifice one or both to keep yourself alive throughout the whole fight.
I guess you underestimate the DPS the melee skeletons contribute. They got pretty high armor penetration stats.

In the current design, the AI is the main problem for bad pet performance in boss battles. This will be fixed in the future with the return of the stupid "stand in place" AI.
The "move out of AoE" AI was a quick idea and turned out to not work properly, so it's gonna be removed again in the next update.
Instead, all non-player controlled units will simply be immune to certain AoE effects.*

*only if they are not first-in-aggro, to avoid people tanking AoE-encounters with pets

Level 1
I guess you underestimate the DPS the melee skeletons contribute. They got pretty high armor penetration stats.

They deal very low dmg, add to that the incredibly slow attack speed and you get a useless pet barely good for tanking. I'd say most people would sacrifice one or both of them (all 3 of them for people who have the skull from shade) in an instant if they need some hp.

In the current design, the AI is the main problem for bad pet performance in boss battles. This will be fixed in the future with the return of the stupid "stand in place" AI.
The "move out of AoE" AI was a quick idea and turned out to not work properly, so it's gonna be removed again in the next update.
Instead, all non-player controlled units will simply be immune to certain AoE effects.*

*only if they are not first-in-aggro, to avoid people tanking AoE-encounters with pets

This was a good concept, and in some cases it was really cool how pets and mercs could avoid aoe spells, but yeah it's really annoying when they do that while casting, especially the nymph and healer merc

Last edited:

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
It really depends on what you expect of the damage output of permanent pets. One skeleton offers some passive % of DPS boost (4-5%, if not more). Add up two of them and you got at least a flat 10% dps boost. With the Shade skull you can get this to 15% or more. I think this is great for just one ability in your spellbook. Most other abilities add less overall DPS, let alone at zero mana cost (considering you do not summon skeletons in fight).

Of course I can't let skeletons add 30% or more DPS. That would just be imbalanced.

This was a good concept, and in some cases it was really cool how pets and mercs could avoid aoe spells, but yeah it's really annoying when they do that while casting, especially the nymph and healer merc
I tried several different attempts to fix the issue and actually came up with some "smarter" AIs, but they were way too performance hungry to make it into the map.

In the end, it does not really matter gameplay-wise. Both solutions obviously 'work' one way or the other, but the immunity thing is just the more effective solution to the problem.

Level 1
IMO immunity is a much better solution, and obviously having immunity on allied AI is much better than having smarter AI at the cost of performance. I was just saying that I really liked the overall concept of it.

Also, when you say immunity do you mean immunity against certain aoe spells or all? Cause I thought you were just gonna add x% resistance to pets and mercs, like the wolf pet has.

Level 3
Crusader Ability:

Domination: Mangles the target with X strikes, dealing Str x ... or Ap x ... damage. There is a double chance for critical strikes when used on taunted enemies.

or: Damage rises with threat generated -> means most bonus damage on taunted enemies.

I like the idea of a Taunt-follower.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
IMO immunity is a much better solution, and obviously having immunity on allied AI is much better than having smarter AI at the cost of performance. I was just saying that I really liked the overall concept of it.

Also, when you say immunity do you mean immunity against certain aoe spells or all? Cause I thought you were just gonna add x% resistance to pets and mercs, like the wolf pet has.
Only against certain lethal spells. Pets already got a good load of resistances (and I will not increase them further, for the sake of balancing), but they would still die from things like AtA or the Flamethrower.

With the upcoming change, pets and mercs will simply be immune to those spells. This does not include non-lethal AoE effects like fireball or incinerate.

Level 1
Only against certain lethal spells. Pets already got a good load of resistances (and I will not increase them further, for the sake of balancing), but they would still die from things like AtA or the Flamethrower.

With the upcoming change, pets and mercs will simply be immune to those spells. This does not include non-lethal AoE effects like fireball or incinerate.

Sounds good to me :)

Level 5
Perhaps Crusaders could have a skill similar to lady in D3...

'Mark of Light' (crap name) - Marks the target with light, allies that to damage to the target are healed for 10% of the damage dealt. (Only one mark can be active at a time)

Level 5

'Mark of Light' (crap name) - Marks the target with light, allies that to damage to the target are healed for 10% of the damage dealt. (Only one mark can be active at a time)

It is kinda overpowered if you think about it, Assassins and Berserkers deals so much damage, they can face tank some weaker WORLD BOSSES with that 10% life-steal. And if life-steal works with spells too, it will change the balance of the game, nobody wanna be Bishops anymore.

Edit: Same as "Curse of the vampire"

Last edited:
Level 8

I don't see why crusader should have anything like this.
I can maybe see a bishop with a marking ability like lady, but it would work in a similar fashion (e.g. next 5 attacks on marked unit will heal the attacker for INTx2).
I doubt any more healing skills will be added to classes other than druid or bishop. Crusader is already ridiculously self-sufficient with emergency.

Level 1
An active skill for Berzerker that makes you cleave 100% damage in a slightly bigger AoE for a short period of time.

Level 4
Berserker: -smash: a low cd skill with really low dmg that can be spammed adding a debufff to the target(or maybe buff to the caster) decreasing their armor or maybe increasing casters crit %, i feel that serkers at least as dps need something with a lower cd to be using instead of another mid cd skill
-Bloodthrist: 10-15 sec cooldown, deal str based dmg to the target, reduces armor if the target is affected by gaping wounds.
-Bloodbath: deals str dmg to the targets in an aoe around the berserker, healing the caster depending on the amount of dmg dealt,generates an small amount of thread if used with a shield equiped

Level 2
for sorc, Idk if adding more dps skill would help, adding some supportive skill or debuff would bring new playstyle for sorcs and necs. my idea is some remake for mage skills. I think frost cage could be targetted to allies in order to save them, and maybe dispel magic can cure stun but give cooldown to it.

maybe one more class could get a heal spell or something more that can be a somewhat reliable heal. atm there are only 2 class for healing and having a healer is a must for any team to advance.. necromancer could be a witch-doctory with voodoo and some weak heal, healing with some tradeoff like regenerates 5x sp over 8sec but slowing movement/haste/aspd or anything during the duration.
or fully heal the target but giving a crippling curse buff to him (best used in combo with dispel).

Level 3
Hunter:
- Arrow storm (Unleashes a flow of arrows (+30% ats). First arrow generating 120% aggro and each consecutive arrow generate less down to 60% for the last one, this ability is channeling; 70 sec cooldown, average mana cost, duration 7 sec)

Because this is channeling, you have to choose well when to use this ability if you want the maximum damage output. The last arrow might have a bonus effect.
This ability work as windruners ulti (from DotA) with the added aggro effect.

Level 9
PFFT I gave awesome suggestions for Sorcerer with the gravity flux and polymorph.... okay they weren't that good, but Crusader, assassin, hunter, sorcerer, necromancer still need suggestions I can try to come up with something else....

Sorcerer:
Stone Spear: Deals (spellpowerX2) physical damage and knocking back the target, also stunning it for 3 seconds. Half stun on bosses and no knock back.
Works well for both sides of Sorcerer, some dps, and a somewhat survival skill, I think it should be instant cast.

Necromancer:
Flame's Grasp: Deals (spellpowerX4) fire damage over 15 seconds, and while this is in effect, decreases targets fire resistance by 20%. 25 second cooldown.

Induce Fear: If a target is under the effects of any fire damage over time, they will panic and helplessly run around for the next 10 seconds. medium cooldown.

Hunter:
Summon Spider: Summons a spider based on the Hunter's stats. Low damage/armor/health but reduces the targets movement and attackspeeds or something because it poisons them. Cannot be used with the Servant of nature. Probably going to be rejected due to the falcon also coming out.

Metallic Shot: Shoot a completely metal shot, dealing (attackpower) physical damage and acting as a conductor, increasing lightning damage by 10%.

Lightning Arrow: Unleash a electricity charged arrow dealing (attackpower) physical damage and (attackpowerX2) lightning damage.

Assassin:
Flèche: Leap towards the foe dealing (attackpowerX2) damage and then quickly run in the same direction, some distance away. Basically a guerrilla tactic move, making it easier to run away from an opponent while still being able to hit it.

Alchemy: Duplicate the type of potion you currently have in your inventory, if no potions are present, randomly create a potion, or a poison vile. (could give a buff or something similar to venomous blades)

Crusader:
Elemental Wall: For the next 10 seconds, gain 35% to all elemental resistances however attack and movement speed are reduced by 50%. 10 second cooldown. 10 mana cost.

Divine Intervention: Pull the target towards you also forcing it to attack for the next 4 seconds. Does not pull bosses, but will taunt, same cd as crucify?

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
PFFT I gave awesome suggestions for Sorcerer with the gravity flux and polymorph.... okay they weren't that good, but Crusader, assassin, hunter, sorcerer, necromancer still need suggestions I can try to come up with something else....
I totally forgot about the gravity pull spell. Yeah, I'm gonna add it to my list, although I'm still not quite sure about how it will work in the end (I got certain "layouts" for that in my head, but I'm not quite sure which one is the best):

version 1) AoE, point-target, short cast-time, does not work on bosses, slowly pulls all units within range to the center (until the pathing is blocked by a unit or unpathable terrain). Collapses after 4 seconds and deals damage to all units within range then (damage does affect bosses) - does not prevent units from casting or attacking - the pulling speed depends on the range of the target (the closer they are, the faster they get pulled; if close to the center, pulling speed is higher than walking speed, so they can not leave the effect just by walking anymore)

version 2) AoE, unit-target (enemy or friendly), instant, does work on bosses, instantly pulls all units (including bosses) within range of the target to melee range of the target. Deals no damage.

version 3) single target, unit-target (enemy), instant, does not work on bosses, pushes the enemy back (distance around 300-400 in opposite direction of facing), stuns for 1 second, deals some (physical) damage.

I like version 1) the most, simply because I feel it provides a lot of synergy with other sorcerer spells and adds the extra survivability sorcerers lack.

Sorcerer:
Stone Spear: Deals (spellpowerX2) physical damage and knocking back the target, also stunning it for 3 seconds. Half stun on bosses and no knock back.
Works well for both sides of Sorcerer, some dps, and a somewhat survival skill, I think it should be instant cast.

Necromancer:
Flame's Grasp: Deals (spellpowerX4) fire damage over 15 seconds, and while this is in effect, decreases targets fire resistance by 20%. 25 second cooldown.

Induce Fear: If a target is under the effects of any fire damage over time, they will panic and helplessly run around for the next 10 seconds. medium cooldown.

Hunter:
Summon Spider: Summons a spider based on the Hunter's stats. Low damage/armor/health but reduces the targets movement and attackspeeds or something because it poisons them. Cannot be used with the Servant of nature. Probably going to be rejected due to the falcon also coming out.

Metallic Shot: Shoot a completely metal shot, dealing (attackpower) physical damage and acting as a conductor, increasing lightning damage by 10%.

Lightning Arrow: Unleash a electricity charged arrow dealing (attackpower) physical damage and (attackpowerX2) lightning damage.

Assassin:
Flèche: Leap towards the foe dealing (attackpowerX2) damage and then quickly run in the same direction, some distance away. Basically a guerrilla tactic move, making it easier to run away from an opponent while still being able to hit it.

Alchemy: Duplicate the type of potion you currently have in your inventory, if no potions are present, randomly create a potion, or a poison vile. (could give a buff or something similar to venomous blades)

Crusader:
Elemental Wall: For the next 10 seconds, gain 35% to all elemental resistances however attack and movement speed are reduced by 50%. 10 second cooldown. 10 mana cost.

Divine Intervention: Pull the target towards you also forcing it to attack for the next 4 seconds. Does not pull bosses, but will taunt, same cd as crucify?
AoE taunt will be available for the monk class, so it doesn't make much sense to add it to Crusader aswell. Elemental wall sounds more like a buff potion effect to me (there will be buff potions in the future to make more use of the crafting system).
Alchemy spell idea is ... well ... pretty much useless, imho.
The other ideas are pretty basic. I like the fear idea, though I'm not quite sure if it will be added to the Necromancer (it fits from a lore perspective, but balancing-wise, I'd say bard is more suited)

Level 8
Necro: Increase all stats of minions by ~ 15% for 12 seconds. health armor damage sp etc
Necro: Revive a fallen ally as a skeleton for 30 seconds they have the same skills as a skeleton melee or mage depending on what you rez.
Crusader: Increases parry chance by 7% and how much it blocks by 4% as well as granting a 12% threat increase single target.
Crusader: Beacon of Hope: Activate to increase the damage of everyone around the crusader by If Int build AP of all players by the crusaders ap for 8 seconds if ad build the ad of the crusader for 8 seconds. numbers can very on your own oppinions

Level 9
Well for the divine intervention I was just thinking that it pulls one enemy towards you, so you do not have to chase it down, or quickly gets it off of someone, could also interrupt spellcasting.

Level 1
version 2) AoE, unit-target (enemy or friendly), instant, does work on bosses, instantly pulls all units (including bosses) within range of the target to melee range of the target. Deals no damage.

I gotta say I really like this one. You could use it on crusader to pull mobs in to crucify. Would be really useful in certain boss fights

Level 9
I like the second idea too, mostly because it fits the best of my original idea. meh, some more suggestions can't hurt, I still find it fun

Hunter:
Magebane Arrow: Deals (attackpower) physical damage to a target, if the target is casting a spell the target will be also take (attackpowerX2) magic damage over the next 10 seconds. Decreases the targets spellhaste by 25% and interrupts spellcasting.

Assassin:
Frost Trap: self-explanatory, some water damage, slows enemies in an aoe

Mark of Agony: Mark up to 5 targets with "Mark of Agony" then reuse on any marked enemy to deal (attackpower) to each enemy. Enemies cannot be remarked for 10 seconds. Instant cooldown. 3 mana cost.

Crusader:
Crusade: Force back all but the strongest nearby enemies in a small area dealing (attackpowerX2) damage to all enemies caught in the area of effect. If strength is higher than intelligence increase the Crusader's attackpower and attackspeed by 10% or if intelligence is higher than strength increase armor by 15% for the next 10 seconds or so... some mana cost.

Level 4
Crusader - Shared pain - Target an ally and 50% of the damage he takes will go to you instead. (10 secs duration 30 secs cd

Berzeker - Battleshout - Buffs allys attack damage and stuff ( 10 secs duration 50 secs cd)
Berzeker - A passive that increases his damage and AS by how long he is on battle / or low health

Hunter - Hunters mark - Mark an target, that target gets increased damage from physical attacks ( 8 secs duration 25 secs cd

Assasin - Blink Attack ( 4 secs cd)

Monk - Disarm - render the target unable to attack for a few seconds (2 - 3 secs duration high cooldown 60 secs)

Level 2
allright.

im fairly new to the game, and have only really played the squire class, how ever i will also try to provide some input.
i will how ever limit it to the classes related to the squire as that is the only class that i feel i have any real knowladge about.
Also i will only deal in conepts as i dont know a thing about the balance of the game.

Crusader
i feel like he could use some cool AoE ability, not for generating threat, but for defensive purposes.

------Sanctuary
An area around the target(not sure if it should be ground, or unit) becomes unpassable. It creates a wall around the target, in escense. The wall last x seconds and its radius is y yards, cooldown z

I fell that this is a cool ability because it can be used for various purposes, you can keep your teammembers safe if they should draw aggro, you lock down a bunch of enemies. setting up for some major AoE. and some other stuff.
-------To the rescue
The crusader becomes pure light, shineing bright, and gaining the attention of nearby enemies. He gains x movements speed and can walk through units for y seconds. he generates z threat per second in a radius of a. cooldown b

-------Peace
everybody in a radius of x(should be large) becomes stunned and invunerable for y seconds. (mabye it should also effect alies, at least it should effect the crusader).

this could be used for repostioning during fights, it kinda locks the fight in place for a while. allowing cooldowns to get ready. It also works as a get out of jail free card. Mabye it should make everybody invunerable, so they only can move around, instead.

Berserker
i kinda think he should get more cool-moves, like heavens edge. or something based on killing things

------gruesome sweep.
The berserker swings his weapon in a cone infront of him, with huge force. this deals x times AP as physical damage infront of him. Due to the force of the swing, any enemy killed by this attack is absoloutely decimated, and torn to bloody pieces. such a terifying display of force and gore, causes enemies within y yards to flee in terror. cooldown z(should be medium-long)

notes: i feel like these sort of finishing moves realy fits the theme of the berserker. there could be added a secondary effect, like enemies that arent killed, are knoced back, or interupted. or mabye the killed target is so destroyed that it leaves a pool of blood slowing nearby enemies. i also avoided another single target strike on purpose. mabye it could generate threat, it seems like something i would do.

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
Crusader ability: Judgement
Wannabe thunderclap, but instead of slowing all nearby targets immobilizes them for 4 seconds (they can still attack and use abilities) and decreasing all resistances by 50% for 8 seconds. A crowd control ability, dps helper and an escape option all in one. Should have 90 seconds CD. I suppose with the new content, we may be seeing resistance playing a bigger role, therefore this could be interesting.

Level 3
And another new Crusader skill:

Sexual Healing

Penetrates the target with a lance of light, dealing XXX damage and healing the caster for XX % of damage dealt.

For all the rainbow coloured, marvin gayed Crusaders out there :xxd:

Happy Easter.

Level 29
Well i didnt progress till the very end yet so forgive if some of them already exist.
Inb4 OP!1 Necro abilities:
Strip Flesh: Channeled on target. Disintegrates target's flesh slowly giving it as healing to the character(dmg and heal accelerating over time), If target is killed by this ability then there is a mana refund bonus.
Soul Cage: More like an talent. Passive. When hero dies skeletons dont die and himself stands up as an Revenant(no abilities at all in this form, just a HP sack dmg spoonge). As long as atleast 1 Skeleton survives over a set period of existence the revenant will be reborn at spot as the hero with health amount determined by amount of Skellies remained alive. If none survives dies he cannot be ressurrected by a Cleric or any other ability fulfilling ress purpose.
Mark of "insertdeathdeityofGaiasuniversenamehere": Passive. Also rather a talent. Whenever a Skelly kills a non-boss enemy, it refreshes itself with full health(or a chunk of its health) and +1dmg.
Plaguebearer: Hero takes damage over time as its active(auto-breaks at a certain low-health threshold), emanates a cloud of poison in proximity around self and direct attack applies poison for duration. In addition there is a ?% chance that poison victims will stand up as a weak ghoul type further applying the poison themselves.
Possible Crusader ability - talent, whatever:
Last Stand: As long as there is atleast one party member within findverycloserange on the event of death, the Crusader becomes Invincible(some state of undeath) and wont fall as long as he can keep killing mooks, each kill adding more time to the clock.
In this state the hero cannot be healed by anyone, cant be targeted by divine shield and retains all abilities(minus all self-healing if he can get any through talents etc. for this state) he had.
However there is an upper-time limit on this so you cant run the full dungeon with an invincible tank. Upon expiration he dies normally and can get ressed normally atop all that.

Level 10
hunter -> Hawk Shot : a skill that shoots an arrow at a target and make the hunter to make backflip.

bard -> heavy balad : [channel] sings a melody that damage all enemy units around for STR + AGI

monk -> peregrin fist : run to the target and pass through it a little dealling AGI and INT as damage and stuning the target

crusader -> Angel's Bless : a angel comes from heaven healling all alies around the crusader for some amount of INT and dealing a damage based on STR

sorceress -> phoenix cry : res the dead ally and give it a bonus resistance to skills for some seconds

necromancer -> call of the dead : channel a dead magic that call many spirits from hell that attacks the enemy of the necromancer (damage based on int)

Assassin -> Smoke bomb : 100% miss chance or less in the smoke 300 or more aoe half effect on bosses

Bishop -> Shadow Word : inscreases the shadow and light damage that the target receives

Druid -> Etangle Trap : put a trap in the ground, when the enemy get in the trap it is etangled for some seconds dealling damage based on int

Bezerk -> Ragnarok : using his 2 hand weapon throw the target in the air dealling STR damage and them jump into the air and strike the target again dealling STR+AGI

Level 5
Just to reassure myself to see if what I'm about to do is needed in the first place or not. It's hard to determine where things are going sometimes just reading these forums. >.> Are you still particularly interested in taking suggestions Zwieb?

SHBlade

Hosted Project GR
Level 14
Crusader:
Bravery (passive):
Whenever crusader gets hit he has 10-15% chance to get stack of bravery. When number of stacks reach maybe 5-10, it heals Crusader for spell power x 1.5(?) and reset stacks.

Level 3
Assassin:
- Shadow swap (Ignores the first damage taken after activation and teleports behind the attacker dealing Attack power * 2, also reduces threat by 10% if triggerd; 20 sec cooldown, 15 mana, 5 second duration)
This can help out in solo play but can also be helpful in a boss battle that requires a lot of movement, reducing the downtime of the assassin. I don't see that much use for it in this version but might work well when you implement new boss battles.

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
Bishop:
- Condemnation: All enemies in a medium radius are stunned for 3 seconds. For bosses this is only 1 second. Undead also takes X spellpower damage.
With a new talent, this spell could have the enhancement of adding crippling curse to all enemies hit.

Intervention:
The bishop calls upon the holy powers of his faith. Mana cost 60. CD: 140 seconds. Hitpoints dramatically increased (scaling with level). Threat generation very high while in this state. Lasts 12 seconds. Heal and Flash heal cannot be used while the spell is active (mend works though).
This is basically the avatar spell from vanilla WC3 that is used, with a few alterations. The points of this spell, as I see it, comes down to: 1. Useful in last stand situations, where the tank is dead or has decisively lost too much aggro on a mob to regain aggro. Here the bishop can use the spell to work as a tank for the last part of a tough fight, and dps can nuke the mobs down. 2. The bishop is close to dying and uses this spell to gain around 500-1800 hitpoints (depending on level) to temporarily be able to stand the attack. 3. Helping the bishop function as an offtank in certain multimob fights where no dedicated offtank is available. The downside is, of course, the high mana cost and long cooldown. Also, gaining large amounts of threat and not being able to use healing spells can be a problem.

Assassin:
Trip Wire: A trap which upon activation by an enemy stuns it for 5 seconds and deals X x agility damage. Can not be used in combat. Damage dealt to the stunned creature does not interrupt the stun. Could work as a more aggressive alternative to dazing trap. One can of course have both, but it will probably take up an important slot rather used elsewhere.

Bard:
Song of Diplomacy: When used on an enemy, this song makes it impossible for the bard to gain more than the absolute minimum amount of aggro on the target. Due to the unwillingness to fight the bard, the target also takes extra damage from the bard's damaging abilities. Lasts 20 seconds. Cooldown 140 seconds.
The function of this spell is to allow a bard to, unhindered, deal full damage to any one target without the fear of getting aggro. In multimob fights with many weak enemies this will not be very useful, but in the opposite kind of fights (bosses included), it will serve its purpose well.

Berserker:
Brutal Strike: The berserker combines all his strength into one mighty blow. Casting time 1 second (plays attack jump animation if possible). Targets on enemies. Dealing ? x physical damage to the target. Hits in a 90 degrees cone and 300 range in length. Area hit will be struck by a short earthquake damaging and slowing enemies movement speed as long as they stay inside the aoe. The aoe lasts 5 seconds. 120 seconds cooldown. Requires 2-handed weapon.

Crusader:
Shield Wall: For 8 seconds the crusader holds his shield high deflecting 80% of physical ranged damage and 20% of melee damage. Shield bash can not be used while the spell is active. Damage from the back of the crusader while using this spell is doubled against him. Cooldown: 120 seconds.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.