• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Super Smash Bros. War

What characters do you want in?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Ill help out with some of the terrains if you want, im a HUGE SSB fan.

Heres a World edit terrain of Rumble Falls i did a lil while ago that I never finished. :D

By the way, theres a metroid game that uses an extremely well done Samus model.

Attachments

• SSBM.JPG
    SSBM.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 159
Level 8
Nope, I wish I had a modeling team. And I'm horrible at modeling (though I want to improve my skills). Some of the characters would be easy to use WC3 models or a custom model not made for that specific character, Pit could easily just be a male archer model with wings and Pikachu could just be a yellow rat. Wario, Waluigi, Yoshi, Captain Falcon, and Captain Olimar are probably going to be the hardest I'd have to get. You're right, this is a large project in need of quite a few models/skins/icons.

Edit:Holy crap! That terrain is awesome demonsofdante!!! Could you provide a link for the Metroid game if you can?

Level 8
I knew somebody would say something about me using Arthas as Link. Well, I thought about looking for a model of Arthas without weapons and for Master Sword and Hylian Shield attachments.

P.S. I'm a big LoZ fan too!

Level 8
I'm having fun with what I'm doing in the map right now. It's not got much to do with main gameplay or story mode, but it adds to the Super Smash Bros. feel alot. Can't wait to post screens.:grin:

Level 8
Let's see:

Mario
Samus
Peach
Pikachu
Kirby
Link
Bowser
Baby Mario
Baby Luigi
Baby Bowser
Boo
Devil
Duck
Excitebike
Koopa Troopa
Goomba
Waddle Dee
Goron
Fighting Wire Frames
Advanced Wars Infantry and Tank
Samurai Goroh
Dark Link
Jashin the Hate Giant
Doshin the Love Giant
Kritter
Shy Guy
Heart Container
Mushroom
Beam Sword
Ooccoo
Nintendog
Dodongo
Landmaster
Tom Nook
Pikmin
Tingle
Dr. Wright
Turtle
ReDead
Octorok
Franklin Badge
Piranha Plant

That's all I can remember right now. :xxd:

Level 9
and what about simply give em a permanent immolation?

anyway, i'm still with the same oppinion, you're not forced to make a perfect clone of ssbb, you can use warcraft 3 features to add your own ones (a sample: add some neutral hostile towers in the hyrule castle which shoot on the closer players)

PS: Sonic is in... what were i saying...? ^^

Last edited:
Level 9
if they keep this rythm... at the release, you'll need more time to choose your character than to fight XD
(and they don't talk about the hidden characters i guess...)

Who's the next... lets imagine...
King K Rool... if dedede is, this one must be in too
Tail? pretty sure, you can't set a dozen of mario character and only Sonic
Dr Eggman... probably, Sonic+Tail+Eggman is the minimum
Maybe Knukle too, he should join the brawl
probably krystal, she's charismatic, and very different than fox (not as falco)
banjoo+kazooie (rare too) with an groupement ability
the older fighter : luigi, ganon, (the pink pokemon), mewtwo must be in, mr g&w, and others i forget...

and the surprises (not impossible)
bomberman (i don't think hudson has something against the idea)
lara croft (already seen in gba and nds, so why not?)
megaman (like hudson, it would be a great advert for capcom to have it's most famous character in)
rayman (if nintendo have think about ubisoft)
i think we could have some other surprise after snake and sonic..

Last edited:
Level 8
I wish.

For everyone wondering what I'm doing right now, I'm working hard on the WarioWare stage and am starting to make lists of other things to vote for here after the end of the character poll.:)eek:OMG! Only 37 more days to go!)

Level 9
don't be to sad, if warcraft 3 was enought to make anything you want, there wouldn't be other games ^^
in my viewpoint, if you only success in making a fight game's dynamic gameplay, that's already a huge success

PS: just realise other guest good point :
Megaman : capcom had already made a zelda game for nintendo (minish cap), very close, no?
Bomberman : hudson was in charge of mario party 8, very close too, no?
both capcom and hudson had already works on important nintendo's licences, so viewing their characters in the brawl is not impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.