• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

SupCom: Icy Oasis (v21)

Reactions: TKF
Supreme Commander is a Warcraft III map immitating the GamePlay of the original game Supreme Commander by THQ. To make the player feel the authenticity of such a great game, this map contains a very elaborated constant gravity based projectile system opening the possibilty of collision with terrain and shields, combined with a revolutional ressource system as seen in the original game. Besides that it creates the right ambience through the use of original game music and imported game sounds making the map a whole new experience of playing Warcraft III. It even contains details such as crashing planes which deal damage to nearby units when colliding with the ground depending on their size. Aside from the amazing game engine nearly every unit known from the original game is included in this map. Land, air and marine units of all 3 tech-levels and an addional tech 4 level for experimental units such as the monkeylord or galactic colossus. All unit data is based on the original game and most of the units even have scaled values of the original units.

I have seen people loving this map from the first moment when they had watched the intro, however, the complexity of the map sometimes overtaxes impatient players. My recommendation is to get into the game after playing once or twice, because then exciting battles will arise.

Post Scriptum: I made this exaggerated description for fun, however, except for the euphoria all of the content is true.

It would be nice to see some of you posting feedback on this map, as it is just in its developing stage and exists for about a month now. Anyway, I cannot guarantee I will continue working on this for long.

There are several other terrains to download from http://supcom.btanks.net/

Keywords:
Supreme Commander, Future, Strategy, War, Projectile System, Ressource System
Contents

SupCom: Icy Oasis (v21) (Map)

Reviews
12:55, 24th Aug 2008 Septimus: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/792566-post30.html

M

12:55, 24th Aug 2008
Septimus:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/792566-post30.html

Level 5
I mean t4 missile deffense. I yust tested it again. And yes ur own missile deffense shoots down ur nukes.
Also battleships shoots straight in the air if its dont have target, it was bit bad figuring out it is shooting for nothing:D
U cant make shield generator smaller? I cant spam it with that huge size:D or was it so huge in the real game too?
Upgrades for the commander would be nice like in the real game, but I guess its not easy to do it:D

Level 10
I mean t4 missile deffense.
i know...
I yust tested it again. And yes ur own missile deffense shoots down ur nukes.
took me less than 1 minute to find and fix the bug once you had told me about it
Also battleships shoots straight in the air if its dont have target, it was bit bad figuring out it is shooting for nothing:D
it was actually shooting on some unit somewhere on the map
U cant make shield generator smaller? I cant spam it with that huge size:D or was it so huge in the real game too?
its not meant to be spammed
Upgrades for the commander would be nice like in the real game, but I guess its not easy to do it:D
it is easy, but doesnt make fun, because its so easy, doesnt need thinking, only needs time

Aku

Aku

Level 1
I just made this account for saying how great this Map is and it has the Supreme Commander feel.

You have done a great work sir, and keep it up.

TKF

TKF

Level 19
1 question:
I played a map, which had 3 sub maps within it.

I don't know if you could go above 320 map size limit, but is it room to put 4 maps into one, and you choose 1 arena before the game starts? So you don't have to make 2 seperate maps files. I've seen a guy restriction game area and also enforced the minimap to change (you can use image files i think to conceal all map areas, the units will always pop in front i think)

1 suggestion:
Increase the leaderboard to also show energy usage and energy income, in addition to surplus only.

I tried to make multi maps myself, but I don't know how. Anyway keeping maps seperated keeps a stable size of 900kb. I have only tried paradise map, I'll soon try this one too :)

Level 4
Though it's fine the way it is, I think that making the nuke survivable (under extreme conditions) would be cool.

I just had my commander surrounded with 11 T3 Shield generators and at least 15 shield gen flying ships.

My nuke still killed him.

Making it survivable with extreme shielding, I think, would be cool.

Level 4
Laggalot: The Nuke is survivable if you're far enough away. The farther you are, the less damage you take. This is from experience.

TKF

TKF

Level 19
lv2 aa gun and lv2 point defense looks bad, maybe a cannon model for lv2 point defense. Some of the models looks weird.

Very difficult to play and chaotic sometimes. In real SC, i think you can select more than 12 units. To make it easier to command more, suggestion. Add a select all ability for each combat unit. Using this ability will give order to all units of the same type in the entire map, or maybe within some range. So you could order 10 different types units which could be 80 of them, at once.

Like this artillery model?
2841.gif

\\XGM\\Ôàéëû\\Ãàóáèöà\\Ñêà÷àòü\\

I like the economic system very well.

I still would like to know my total income, and used energy in the table.

Level 6
Lots of good stuff goin on here. I personally got Supreme commander and this map definately lives up to it. I rate very harshly, but I had to give a 5/5. This map is almost exactly like Supreme Commander.

There is one thing I want to point out tho. It's very important. This map has 100% supreme commander feel to it, however, I have to say Supreme commander will NEVER live up to total annihilation.

In SC, and your map, Tier 2 is a hell of a lot stronger than Tier 1 and Tier 3 is a hell of a lot stronger than Tier 2. Likewise, the cost is a hell of a lot higher for Tier 2 than Tier 1 and Tier 3 costs a hell of a lot more than Tier 2. This may be what they were looking for when they made SC, but personally I think this spells doom all over balancing and gameplay.

I'm not saying change your map, cuz its great, I'm saying maybe its something to think about, maybe even remake Total Annihilation with the same trigs. With how it is, you need to build a ton of extractors and generators to get up a tier when I personally feel it would be better gameplay to make the costs and effect less extreme.

Also, maybe more starting storage with ACU so that there is atleast some reason for having it.

Anyways idk if any of this is making sense, I'm tired as heck right now, so this could all be gibberish xD

Level 6
After playing it a bit more, I'm come to realize how unbal some of it really was.

What I"ve noticed:

Cruiser: having great anti air and that 8k range with missiles is highly unbalanced. It fires across the map and you have no chance of taking it with air units.

Tier 3 Bombers: I've seen 1 bomber take out an ACU in 1 or 2 hits, even while being protected by 2 SAMs. Nothing should be that powerful.

Nuke: Possibly lengthen the build time slightly, its not highly unbalanced, but I think it would be nice if players had a little more heads up for anti nuke.

Resource Bug??? I've noticed that even with a lack of resources you can build a Tier4 machine in pretty good time.

There were a few other things but I forget, I'm going to keep playing and see.

Level 6
I would agree with that, however, it's not how supreme commander is. With radar 3 it doesn't matter, if you don't see it coming its kind of your own fault. However, once you see it, you should have a good amount of time to build anti nuke.

Level 10
New version uploaded, even if it still has the same version number etc... changes are:

- mass fabricator values are now mixed from forged alliance and the standard supcom
- nuke effect is updated a bit, and the damage circle grows over time, not damage to all units at the same time, but related to where they stand
- probably some smaller bug fixes i dont remember

Level 6
In the real game, an engineer tier 2 can build tier 1 buildings and tier 2, is there any chance we could see that? Also, Tier 2 engineers build tier 2 extractors. I'm not sure if you want to make it EXACTLY like the real game, but if u do, the map could use a little polish.

Level 2
this map is awesome but all it needs is the enginneers to help with building units like in the real game i give it 5/5!!!!!!!!!!

TKF

TKF

Level 19
this map is awesome but all it needs is the enginneers to help with building units like in the real game i give it 5/5!!!!!!!!!!
That might be difficult, but it could be made like the super experimental units, those can be massed. I don't know if fabs also could kinda build outside that way too, but perhaps much work...

I played with 6 players, and there was 1 thing i did greatly dislike, it lagged constantly and I had an average of 2fps.

Level 31
Review
Notice & Contact
This map had been examined by Alexis Septimus.
If you think this map review is not accurate or require another review, feel free to contact Alexis Septimus. But, map would only be review again for second time and also for the last time unless under certain circumstances. It would be selfish to request constantly a mod/admin to keep review your map as there is many other maps waiting for approval as well.

However, if you still insist of another review after it had been review for second time. Feel free to contact other admin.

To contact Alexis Septimus, please click this
new_mail.png
Visitor Message.
Map Review
1) Terrain - Horrible (1)
2) Trigger - Excellent (5)
3) Minor Error - Average (3)
4) Major Error -
5) Replay Value - Average (3)
6) Fun factor/gameplay - Average (3)
7) Use of imported material -
8) Single player - Average (3)
9) AI support -
10) Camera -
11) Originality -
12) File Size - Excellent (5)
13) Internet/LAN Friendly -
14) Balancing -
15) Packaging - Average (3)
16) Credits - Excellent (5)
17) Storyline -
18) Theme -
19) Protection - Excellent (5)
20) Quality - Average (3)
21) Description/Information/Detail - Average (3)
22) Hiveworkshop rules & regulation - Excellent (5)
23) Game Mode - Excellent (5)
24) Difficulty -
25) Unit Placement -

Total Accumulation Point : 52/75 * 100 + (-6) (Review) = 63.33

[+] -
[!] -
[-] - Bland terrain with tree, kill the joy of the game.
[-] - Same hotkey error just like the other map.

Review : It seems like the gameplay same with the previous map with just a different terrain. But it still have same problem like the Paradise version.

Overall, I do not think it is ready to be recommend.

Another -6 point for this map.

Rating & Miscellaneous information
Score - 63/100
Rating - 3/5
Condition - Average
Status - Approve
Review - 1
Reminder
The map might not be fully tested, if any user of the map found bug/error or anything else.
Feel free to contact Alexis Septimus by clicking this
new_mail.png
Visitor Message.

Last edited:
Level 6
That review is crap. A map based on an actual game shouldn't be devalued for flaws the actual game has, like the terrain in the actual game is very barren.

Here's my review: [PLEASE NOTE I AM NOT A REVIEWER OR ADMINISTRATOR]

••Terrain - 8/8 (Very similar to the actual game)
••Trigger - 9/10 (A little lag with some systems)
••Replay Value - 7/8 (Its fun to replay, but some gameplay flaws, reduce this value)
••Fun factor/gameplay - 6/9 (Gameplay is fun and faster than the game, but certain balancing issues devalue it.
••Use of imported material - 3/3
••Camera - 4.5/5 (first cam is perfect, second is a little far for me personally, third is also good)
••File Size - 6/6 (Very good size for a map like this)
••Internet/LAN Friendly - 7/9 (Some poeple's computers can't handle the graphics and the lag makes it hard to play)
•• Balancing - 3/10 (This is the main problem, will explain later)
••Credits - 5/5
••Storyline - 3.5/4 (It's not necessary, but it would be nice to introduce the game a little and tell how to play)
••Quality - 8/9 (Considering what you have to work with, the game is fairly polished in aspects other than balance)
••Description/Information/Detail - 5/6 (Would be nice to see mass/energy yield in negatives also, so we know how far under we are when using too much)
••Game Modes - 6/8 (Would be nice to be able to modifiy some things, like starting mass/energy or putting on some of the MODs in the game like double resource yield)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total Score: 81/100 [PLEASE NOTE I AM NOT A REVIEWER OR ADMINISTRATOR], but I think this is a little more fair, especially when the reviewer left some spots blank, giving no score at all.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok as far as balance goes, I'm not sure if u took the real values from the game and put them into the map, but with the map sizes some ranges are very extreme and air units are extremely powerful. I think it's safe to assume you took the actual values from the game. I just played SupCom so I could review it more accurately, same map, and I noticd how much smaller your map was. Now, when it comes to warcraft 3, there is going to be a lot of new players every single game (Unless it becomes some huge hit like DotA). When everyone starts that close together and don't know how to play, people get angry and leave. They will probably judge the game on the little bit of gameplay they saw and never join one ever again.

If the size of the map is going to be that much smaller, don't choose a map where people start next to each other as enemies. (And I noticed that if you select teams its all random anyways. Maybe if 2 allied players started together it would be fine).

As far as air units go, I understand that bombers and fighters in the actual game attack once and soar past the target and circle around. Using such high values for damage is more balanced that way, but since yours do not, they cannot have such high damage. The game could use a lot of tweaking in that aspect.

Things that have missiles and very high range, thats fine, but again the map needs to be larger then. On the paradise map, cruiers can fire anywhere on the map. On this one, they can fire more than half way across the map. There's almost nothing you can do. You can't send ground units to counter since its in water (and the missiles will probably kill your ground force before they can even get in range), air can't touch them because of the extreme anti air that ship also has, and so the only real option is by sea, which, if your opponent has enough subs protecting the cruisers, isn't a choice either.

I'm sorry, but I cannot stress enough how much this affects how fun your map is. I've yet to see a game where people don't complain about the range or air units or other random OPed units because they have range.

Suggestions: Alter the range or attack speed of the ranged units (cruiser/mobile rocket vehicle) so they either can't shell from range, or they can't do it as fast [I suggest doing a little of both]. Alter the damage on air units lowering them so they aren't so OP.

Level 10
Ok as far as balance goes, I'm not sure if u took the real values from the game and put them into the map, but with the map sizes some ranges are very extreme and air units are extremely powerful. I think it's safe to assume you took the actual values from the game. I just played SupCom so I could review it more accurately, same map, and I noticd how much smaller your map was. Now, when it comes to warcraft 3, there is going to be a lot of new players every single game (Unless it becomes some huge hit like DotA). When everyone starts that close together and don't know how to play, people get angry and leave. They will probably judge the game on the little bit of gameplay they saw and never join one ever again.

i agree with the description thing, i first just wanted to test how far i could get to the real game

If the size of the map is going to be that much smaller, don't choose a map where people start next to each other as enemies. (And I noticed that if you select teams its all random anyways. Maybe if 2 allied players started together it would be fine).

this is something i disagree with.
Complete unit list - Supreme Commander Wiki - a Wikia wiki
->
UEF T2 Cruiser: Governor Class @ Supreme Commander Units Database

Long Range Cruise Missile (Missile, Normal): 120.00 dps, range: 12 (244m) - 150 (2.93km),

Paradise is 10km x 10km, the warcraft map is 23808 x 23808

which means, cruiser can shoot 2,93km/10km in supreme commander = 29,3%
23808*0,293 = 6975

(interesting, the same way i calculated the ranges first, but got different results xD well now the curiser has a range of 8484, isnt muuuuch longer, but perhaps enough... i will rescale all ranges later then... probably the supcom wiki had some mistakes there)

so you see, all ranges depend on the map size, should be balanced

by the way, alpha 7 is 4 times bigger in real supcom, however, i think its ok for 10km x 10km, too.

ah and by the way, as you can see, damage, hp etc values are also shown there, and that are the values i use (probbaly my rockets aim better than the on ein supcom?)

As far as air units go, I understand that bombers and fighters in the actual game attack once and soar past the target and circle around. Using such high values for damage is more balanced that way, but since yours do not, they cannot have such high damage. The game could use a lot of tweaking in that aspect.

yeah maybe, a scripted air movement would be nice here, or just doubled cooldown or something like that? however, when you know that air is strong, you can just build more anti air, it should balance itself ingame... but probably you are right... and an air movement system would cause even more lagg, so they would need more cooldown... later then

Things that have missiles and very high range, thats fine, but again the map needs to be larger then. On the paradise map, cruiers can fire anywhere on the map. On this one, they can fire more than half way across the map. There's almost nothing you can do. You can't send ground units to counter since its in water (and the missiles will probably kill your ground force before they can even get in range), air can't touch them because of the extreme anti air that ship also has, and so the only real option is by sea, which, if your opponent has enough subs protecting the cruisers, isn't a choice either.

i think i already explaned most of this

I'm sorry, but I cannot stress enough how much this affects how fun your map is. I've yet to see a game where people don't complain about the range or air units or other random OPed units because they have range.

well yes, the problem is, warcraft players ARE noobs, always^^

Suggestions: Alter the range or attack speed of the ranged units (cruiser/mobile rocket vehicle) so they either can't shell from range, or they can't do it as fast [I suggest doing a little of both]. Alter the damage on air units lowering them so they aren't so OP.

i will scale down ranges by (1-6975/8484) = 17,79%, and increase bomber cooldowns by 50%-100%. (when i find time to do it)

EDIT:

recalculated the range thing:

supreme commander map: 10240m * 10240m = 512sc * 512sc
10240m, because later the maps are 81*81km (81920 would make sense then)
512sc fits perfectly, when checking it with the range of the cruiser, and it is a possible number

warcraft map: 24576wc * 24576wc (including the black border), 23808wc * 23808wc (excluding the black border)
now, the minimap captured from supreme commander used as a heightmap for warcraft III, is the whole map in wc3, so it would make sense to use the size including the black border:

24576wc = 10,24km = 512sc
1sc = 20m = 48wc
1km = 50sc = 2400wc
1wc = 42cm = 0,0208sc

cruiser range: 150sc = 150*48wc = 7200wc

range reduction: 15,134%

and alpha 7 still would have to be 4 times bigger than now

and:

a generator in supcom is 2sc * 2sc = 96wc * 96wc
in warcraft it is 128wc * 128wc

a factory in supcom is 8sc * 8 sc = 384wc * 384wc
in warcraft it is 384wc * 384wc, perfectly scaled to paradise map ;)

however, t1 turrets in supcom are only 1sc * 1sc, but the smallest unit possible in wc3 is 128wc * 128wc = 2,66sc * 2,66sc

and if someone could measure the times between attacks of specific planes, that would be nice as cooldown

Last edited:
Level 6
Idk I have trouble likeing Alpha 7 because you start next to someone. It's not that its bad to start next to someone, but granted your so close that you NEED to arm yourself and build bombers to kill your opponent before he becomes a problem and you get behind in the game being at constant war. Like I was saying before, you can't expect to drop someone whoes never played the game before onto the battle field next to an opponent that has. Poeple will not like it. Either you give him a chance as a noob and get screwed over because the other guy didn't, or you kill him right away and have him bitch until you end up kicking him for being so annoying. I'm sorry to say this, but if your making a warcraft 3 map, it needs to be tuned to warcraft 3 players - I'm talking about all the idiots who can't figure things out for themselves. Otherwise, this map will never be more than a fairytale.

I've yet to see a game where someone didn't see an artillary unit or cruiser or anti air defense or air units and say "OMG THATS TOO OP!" and leaves. Yeh, I know, its down right stupid, but that's how people are. They are stupid. I just implore you, to atleast give me a reason to say "It has a counter". In some cases I can, but a lot of the time, like early on with artillary, you can only really counter tier 1 artillary with either more artillary or bombers and granted they have aa, thats useless.

Anyways thats my rant for the day. GL with your update.

Level 10
Idk I have trouble likeing Alpha 7 because you start next to someone. It's not that its bad to start next to someone, but granted your so close that you NEED to arm yourself and build bombers to kill your opponent before he becomes a problem and you get behind in the game being at constant war. Like I was saying before, you can't expect to drop someone whoes never played the game before onto the battle field next to an opponent that has. Poeple will not like it. Either you give him a chance as a noob and get screwed over because the other guy didn't, or you kill him right away and have him bitch until you end up kicking him for being so annoying. I'm sorry to say this, but if your making a warcraft 3 map, it needs to be tuned to warcraft 3 players - I'm talking about all the idiots who can't figure things out for themselves. Otherwise, this map will never be more than a fairytale.

im not mapping for idiots

I've yet to see a game where someone didn't see an artillary unit or cruiser or anti air defense or air units and say "OMG THATS TOO OP!" and leaves. Yeh, I know, its down right stupid, but that's how people are. They are stupid. I just implore you, to atleast give me a reason to say "It has a counter".

im not mapping for idiots

In some cases I can, but a lot of the time, like early on with artillary, you can only really counter tier 1 artillary with either more artillary or bombers and granted they have aa, thats useless.

possible problem... artillery is directly firing into the movement of the target, and not to the position where the target stood when the artillery was firing... i think i will remove that aiming for artillery-type units (including stationary), but i will keep it for battleships etc, and for tanks

Level 6
Well, I've yet to see a non-SupCom player become anything close to a threat. Its not fun playing unless ur playing SupCom Players, and even then they sometimes quit because they would rather play the real game.

Either way, even without idiots, the random starting positions are annoying. Some people start next to someone else, some don't. I played a 4 man game, spaced each player out, and clicked 4 teams in hopes that we'd each have an area to ourselves. Instead I started next to someone and 2 to the sides of me and none across. I ended up telling the guy next to me to keep to himself or I'd have to kill him. I built a wall very close to my buildings. He built a defense (in the center, near where he started) and it attacked my wall. I took bombers, destroyed the turret and retreated. He took artillaries, bombarded my wall and went on to destroy some extractors and so I bombed his commander until he died. In return, he decided to bitch about it for the next 10 minutes before calming down and watching the rest of the game. The guy above me (I was bot right, he was top right) teched to T3 and had no idea what to do and sat there. The guy to the left of me (Top left), played SupCom and Total Annihilation and knew what he was doing. He teched to T4 and got spiderlords and airships, which he sent in to get dominated by my defense I had ready for him. (I could see him with R3 and prepared). His second wave got through defenses and started destroying my base so I nuked him. GG he lost.

This is a fairly typical GOOD game. Good meaning half the players didn't leave because they didn't understand what to do. Usually, they join the game thinking its something else, complain, then leave. Its nearly impossible getting a good game because poeple don't understand how to play. And even if you do get a good game going, the game is dominated by poor balancing and then even the smarter players complain. Even if by some miracle you got smart players who found it balanced, for most players the game is laggy. (including me, I have a good comp but it needs reformating >>, vista really kicks the bucket on this one)

Btw is there anyway you can make attacking not so trigger intensive? I've seen 6 cruisers wipe out my base (which was defended with maybe 30 artillary defenses and 40 T2 turrets) because it lagged so hard I couldn't send my squad of 12 T3 bombers (which I'm not sure if they'd survive the assult)

Anyways we'll see how it is with Version 3. GG

Level 10
dont play the map if its so bad...

this map is not done for idiots...

values are taken from the actual game...

this was meant as a test of what is possible, not as the most played game ever...

it doesnt play ANY role for me how often it is played, as long i like it...

Level 6
If your playing it just for yourself, I suppose whatever you want is fine, just thought you'd want some constructive critisism to make it even better. After all, what are these forums good for otherwise?

Btw good work on the 2 new maps.

Level 5
N-a-z-g-u-l is making maps for test his skills as I see and his skills are kickass:D

And Magic is right if u play with non supreme commander players they will be so noob that game will be boring and if u play supreme commander players they will say supreme commander is better:D
but I am sure there are some guy who could make more popular map from it.
(like somebody could change it to a autospawn map)

Level 31
I agree with Magic.
Septimus reviews are useless and crapy...

To hookah : Well, you can said whatever you want. But, we mod just make a quick review in a map to ensure the map is playable and free of bug as there is a hundred of map out there waiting for review.

We cannot just waste 2 hours + to review 1 map.

If you are going to review 1-2 map in a day, it would going to be easy.
Try review a mass amount of map in a day maybe 15-20 map, it would give you lot's of trouble especially when you are trying to search all those possible bug that could occur.

Mod/admin usually focus in checking the map to see if it is bug free. If not, what's the point of approving a resources ?

If you ever read most of my review, you would notice that I search for those bug such as malfunction hotkey and it is not a easy job.

To TM-Magic : Don't expect and think everybody have play the game before, some people might never play it. Thus, they don't know anything about it such as the terrain.

I left some spot blank because the map doesn't been test for the section or there is no accurate term for it. But, don't worry as the section doesn't been count at all.

To N-a-z-g-u-l : Yeah, agree. Don't play the map if it is bad.

Level 5
To hookah : Well, you can said whatever you want. But, we mod just make a quick review in a map to ensure the map is playable and free of bug as there is a hundred of map out there waiting for review.

We cannot just waste 2 hours + to review 1 map.

If you are going to review 1-2 map in a day, it would going to be easy.
Try review a mass amount of map in a day maybe 15-20 map, it would give you lot's of trouble especially when you are trying to search all those possible bug that could occur.

Mod/admin usually focus in checking the map to see if it is bug free. If not, what's the point of approving a resources ?

If you ever read most of my review, you would notice that I search for those bug such as malfunction hotkey and it is not a easy job.

To TM-Magic : Don't expect and think everybody have play the game before, some people might never play it. Thus, they don't know anything about it such as the terrain.

I left some spot blank because the map doesn't been test for the section or there is no accurate term for it. But, don't worry as the section doesn't been count at all.

To N-a-z-g-u-l : Yeah, agree. Don't play the map if it is bad.

I dont like reviews cos u down rated lots of map which were made with lots of work.
also I dont agree maps should be rated by bugs cos people put their maps here for testing. or rated by ur 25 point review sytem cos its good for showing where should the editor work some, but a map lacking from most of them can be still awesome.

Level 6
I'd have to say that if a map is to be approved, why does it have to be rated? Why can't it just be checked for bugs and problems and say what is good/bad. If your going to put it up to a whole point system, atleast make it a good review, after all if your already putting your time into checking off what the mapper has done or not done and how well, you may as well go the full length.

I understand there is a lot for a moderator to do, I just don't think its necessary to give it a 5 minute piss-poor rating. Point is, if your going to rate it, rate it well, otherwise there is no point.

Level 31
Well, it is getting off-topic. But, still I need to explain that we did not use just 5 minutes to review map. Usually we use at least 30 minutes to review a map.

Sometimes I used at least 10-15 hours a day to review just 7-10 map.

In addition, majority of the author want their resources to be rate by mod. That include those user who wanted to download a resources as well.

Finally, if you view the review of mine. I already point out what is good/bad about it. The bottom review is just a additional statement. So, what makes you think a mod does not goes to full length ? Sometimes they skipped or make the review short cause it already been point out.

And if the author feel the review is not fair, they could request for another review. That is why we allowed a second review but there might be some mod who are generous by making third review.

Ok, please don't off-topic anymore as I have explain all of it. Anything else, we can discuss it at my visitor message.

Level 6
I found a bug in your "Game Engine: 3" pack (was tested on the red planet, I forget what its called). When a nuke is fired directly at an anti nuke station, the anti nuke fires backwards and misses the nuke. A friend of mine and I tested it further and noticed that if the nuke is fired out to the side of the anti nuke, the anti nuke will respond and shoot it down., but there is an oval radius around the anti nuke where it won't protect.

Level 10
okay, in the next version the anti nuke will directly aim on the nuke, and not start with 90° aiming to the sky

other things for the next version are:

DONE:
- Timestamps in Death and Leave messages
- Colored player names in messages
- Improved performance
- Nuke Warning
- A hint to supcom.btanks.net is shown
- Help system
- Esc no longer changes the camera distance
- Esc now also aborts unit production in factories without ressource supply
- Fixed the little height difference for projectiles when passing the shore
- Deep water now is possible
- Shield Generators can be deactivated to save energy
- Shield Generators have an increased regeneration
- Low-range units now move to enemies to attack them
- Overcharge ability for the Commander
- Fixed tree destruction for all types of trees now
- Anti-Nuke now aims on nukes better
- Commander has an ability to change the camera distance
- Commander has an ability to display unit ranges with red circles

STILL TO DO:
- Testing

and whatever comes to my mind while testing

perhaps i forgot something in the list above, dont know, but thats most of it

the performance improvement was quite high, but through the new features it might only be a little better than earlier versions, however it should not be worse, i did not yet test it online, but feels better

the help system shows messages like "buld mass extractors to gain mass" to players who have not enough mass, or explain why production is slowed down

about the deep water, would you prefer deep water in the map, or should i stick to shallow water?
deep water would mean that you cant sea submarines (probably), i will test it later, but some comments to this would be nice, too

Reactions: TKF
Level 6
I personally like how water works in Total Annihilation, I forget how it works exactly in SupCom, but it would be nice to see shallow water pathable by land units and water units while deep water is pathable only to water. Also, more water buildlings please :)

I've been playing the map with only my friends whom I personally teach. (Usually I have to mutually ban certain units), but if the help system is good, I should get more players playing.

Can't wait to test it.