• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

SupCom: Icy Oasis (v21)

Reactions: TKF
Supreme Commander is a Warcraft III map immitating the GamePlay of the original game Supreme Commander by THQ. To make the player feel the authenticity of such a great game, this map contains a very elaborated constant gravity based projectile system opening the possibilty of collision with terrain and shields, combined with a revolutional ressource system as seen in the original game. Besides that it creates the right ambience through the use of original game music and imported game sounds making the map a whole new experience of playing Warcraft III. It even contains details such as crashing planes which deal damage to nearby units when colliding with the ground depending on their size. Aside from the amazing game engine nearly every unit known from the original game is included in this map. Land, air and marine units of all 3 tech-levels and an addional tech 4 level for experimental units such as the monkeylord or galactic colossus. All unit data is based on the original game and most of the units even have scaled values of the original units.

I have seen people loving this map from the first moment when they had watched the intro, however, the complexity of the map sometimes overtaxes impatient players. My recommendation is to get into the game after playing once or twice, because then exciting battles will arise.

Post Scriptum: I made this exaggerated description for fun, however, except for the euphoria all of the content is true.

It would be nice to see some of you posting feedback on this map, as it is just in its developing stage and exists for about a month now. Anyway, I cannot guarantee I will continue working on this for long.

There are several other terrains to download from http://supcom.btanks.net/

Keywords:
Supreme Commander, Future, Strategy, War, Projectile System, Ressource System
Contents

SupCom: Icy Oasis (v21) (Map)

Reviews
12:55, 24th Aug 2008 Septimus: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/792566-post30.html
Level 10
here are some ideas i am going to include in the map over time, but i cant tell how long i will stick to this map and how much will find its way into the map

improve some parts of projectile / attack system, like speed randomness, less precision while moving, and animation bugs

wreckages

stealth generator with an invisibility aura, all units with a detect invsibility ability with range = sight range of the unit

import shields sizes from supreme commander

website into description

take over hotkey

disable display of red range circles while units i in transport

autofire out of a transporter for transported units

damage units when the transporter is damaged

overcharge can target allies

change shield generator to be less game-dominating. regeneration will be paused for 1 second after each attack

factory with endless build times, but a dummy which creates units as buildings outside the factory, so other builders can support the factory... when the unit is finished, the next unit is constructed by the factory (WILL BE DIFFICULT AND PROBABLY NOT INCLUDED, ABORTING THE PRODUCTION OF THE FINISHED UNIT SEEMS IMPOSSIBLE)

new 4 player ice map (arctic refuge)

galactic colossus secondary weapon for crushin low-tech

reduce the AOE of most units, especially low-level direct fire

add t2 gatling bots

add t2 mass fabricators

when a factory takes damage while producing a unit, the produced unit will spawn with low hp

supcom forum

veterancy

Missile Defenses (against cruisers and mobile missile launchers) / Anti-Torpedo

strategic missile submarine

fatboy

czar

experimental ressource generator

mavor

Upgrades for the ACU: Personal Shield, Ressource Generator, Teleporter, Missile Launcher, Improved weapon

TKF

TKF

Level 19
I know that in TA, if you left a unit without putting any workers assigned to build it, is would reverse and degenerate. Also you did get back your resources this way to.

Isn't it room to add a ability for the factory to cancel the unit? Kill the last not finished unit and get your resources?

I'm looking forward to the update :) Especially a means of defending against cruise missiles. And Mavor :grin:

TKF

TKF

Level 19
Bugreport for the current 4 engine (i dunno if you are finished yet)

• Experimental gen is called T3 Generator
  • Experimental gen has same hp as T3 Generator
  • No zooming function for the dead players. Add cmds for observers or give them esc function.

Does it exist a experimental shield gen in real SupCom?
Looking forward for anti cruise missile defense. I played a game, bug didn't see it happen yet.

Lol it did take me 25 min you build uber gen, and when i got it, income was beyond insane. Also it is almost a must have to build mavor more quickly. I don't mind if you add a minor explosion when the mavor shell hits, instead of a invisible AOE no graphich happening can't see how big the aoe is.

Level 10
The tooltips were just wrong in a pre-released version i tested online.

Engine 4 now is released, both maps on the hive are engine 4, and all maps on supcom.btanks.net

the tooltip bug is fixed, zooming will follow in the next version

experimental shield gen in supcom? fatboy has a shield, but theres no experimental only-shield unit

the experimental ressource generator does exist in supreme commander, but only in forged alliance (we will see if it screws the game up, but with its cost, i dont think so)

theres actually that white flash for the mavor, too, but i will look for a better effect

anti tactical missiles are not yet included, because i first have to get a good idea of how to organize anti-missiles (together with tactical, strategical and torpedoes)

Version 4:
- Esc no longer changes the camera distance
- Esc aborts unit production even without ressource supply
- Engine allows deep water
- Low-range units now move to enemies to attack them
- Changed AOE to exact Supreme Commander values
- Reduced Radar ranges by 12%
- Shield Generators can be deactivated to save energy
- Shield Generators have a constant use of energy
- Shield Generators have an increased regeneration
- Shield Generators cannot regenerate while attacked
- Shield Generators need a minum mana amount to reactivate
- Mobile Shield Generators have higher ranges (30%)
- Added Experimental Generator
- Added Experimental Artillery
- Added a Nuke Warning
- Added Overcharge ability for the Commander
- Added an ability to the Commander to change the camera
- Added an ability to the Commander display unit ranges
- Added Firing Randomness while moving
- Added a hint to supcom.btanks.net
- Added a help system
- Added timestamps to some messages
- Improved the Strategic Missile Defense
- Improved the flying arc of projectiles
- Improved performance
- Improved special effects
. Improved most of the terrains
- Fixed tree destruction for all types of trees
- Fixed a hotkey bug (Take Over)
- Fixed the little height difference for projectiles near the shore
- Fixed a damage bug for units with a high vertical collision offset
- Fixed some other bugs

http://supcom.btanks.net/download.htm

TKF

TKF

Level 19
No one will ever afford Mavor or Uberenergy gen in a normal game, unless your enemy goes afk 15 min.... You must have 3000+ mass income to make it in fast enough... With 30000+ energy....

Can't wait for those anti tactical missiles. The reason why i hate paradise map is cuz of cruiser spamming. Also add a cool submarine.

You said fatboy has a shield. I couldn't find him.... What type is that?

Level 4
N-a-z-g-u-l: In Supreme Commander, land UNITS didn't go into water. Water units used it and so did ACU's and SCU's as well as Amphibious-type units. And by the way, why not make all three factions? I would really want to rep you +15 for that. :lol:

Level 10
Hi there! May i suggest that you either remove the introduction cinematic at the start or lessen the number of units? This is because not only does it cost us(low tech users) tremendous lag(to the point of unable to select the dialog options at the start), it also seems to cause a bug that makes us unable to see our mouse cursor(or even click/hotkey anything) when the cinematic is over. We are still using V1.21c so could that be the cause of the problem?

At any rate, i'd suggest you remove the cinematic as it really serves no real purpose other than being an inconvenience to the players.

Level 4
This is actually very accurate to the original, well done!

My only complaint is that lategame, the Infinite production queue tended to stop working, and Nukes would occasionally fail to deal damage.

Also, to Kildare: If you can't handle the opening cinematic, you probably can't handle actual combat in the game. Just a note.

Level 10
Also, to Kildare: If you can't handle the opening cinematic, you probably can't handle actual combat in the game. Just a note.

no, i've played the entire game before with no lag. It's just that the cinematic makes it difficult to choose the game settings and it also causes a "stuck" bug in the latest versions.

Please fix it thanks.

Level 5
also v10 bug that if ur ally dies than u can see the whole map.
anyone managed to win deff mode with non paragon base? czar killed me:D
also very good fun to spamming t4 builders against each other and watch how they are destroying each other:D (like 40 vs 40 builder:D)

also u could add t4 shield generator that could be nice.D and improve ai.D

Level 6
I haven't check in this forum in a while, but I noticed some problems with version 10...A bunch of balancing issues still, if you choose to correct them is up to you.

1) Air transport is stronger than air superiority fighters. It has longer range, equal speed, a shield, and can attack ground. I realized this when I destroyed someone, except they had 5 T3 air transports, a commander, and some T3 Mobile missile launchers. He survived 20 minutes while I bombarded him with everything I had and more, including 2 dozen air superiority fighters...a dozen T3 mobile artillery, 3 nukes, 1 monkeylord and 1 T4 Gunship. After 20 minutes I didn't even kill him yet, I ended up leaving.

2) T2 Cruisers are still unbal. They slaughter any air and most ground units. If your opponent has no sea units and u just mass these with a few destroyers, you can't lose. Furthermore, on a big map like clutch, they can bombard almost any spot on the map.

3) Fatboy seems kind of useless to tell u the truth. He takes like a half hour to get across clutch just to die without dealing much of any damage. For such a cost, its not at all worth it when you can build a monkeylord with greater speed and faster attack. Monkeylord, btw, I think is done well. He dies fairly easy but if he gets within range, can deal plenty of damage.

Other than those 3 things, it looks like its coming along, so good work. I havn't tested out the T4 Artillery and I havn't bothered with the T4 Mass/Energy Collector, doesn't seem to have any worth in a game of all out war, always good to have tho I suppose.

Btw. If host doesn't pick the settings, it still bugs and fucks over the people. And sometimes the load screen is fairly laggy, making it pretty hard. I've had several people come to me and ask if this was a bugged version because they've seen it happen, and every time I have to tell them "no it's just a bug...faulty programing"

Last edited:
Level 4
This is a great map that should influence people to stop making dota clones or risk clones but instead look on to creating unique games or replicating other games on wc3. It has its own flaws, such as t4 artillery being too powerful, mass extractors upgrading way too fast and 100 food limit as well as auto production being stuck sometimes. Despite all that however, it is a perfect map and those who played Supreme Commander or Total annihilation should definately check this map out. Patiently waiting for a new version...

Level 6
I whole heartedly agree. Dota...Risk...Hero Defenses...Cloned tower defenses....This needs to stop...none of them are unique and are usually not even close to as good as the original...People try to overtake something that was first made really well and has been updated heavily with lots of helpers...One man with one idea will never overtake an idea that has been around forever and updated...

And yes, this map isn't perfect, there's a lot of balancing issues, but its still fun to play regardless...sometimes players join expecting it to be 100% like the real game and get pissed and leave...but you know what, you can't please them all. They don't have any idea what kind of work goes into a project like this. They assess without trying it first...

This map could be better, but it will never be exactly like the real game...its impossible, so to all of those players who expect it to be perfect...DON'T PLAY IT YOU DUMBASS. For everyone else who actually has respect for mappers, a lot of work has been put into this and deserves play, unlike most things on warcraft.

Level 4
There will always be a couple of people that hates a map. You cant satisfy 12 year olds with maps such as this, I believe they should be ignored frankly. As I said, the map has its flaws but it is a masterpiece...

I, for one, would just like to see new stuff created/tried out. Even if the implementation is bad, we can definitely benefit from the originality. The current trend of derivativeness on maps is disturbing...

Level 4
I am loving the new additions. Especially the -info part and ship balances. Though perhaps you could add a small tutorial for people that have no idea what supcom is? Also one thing I noticed with the new -info system is that mass extractor bonuses increase energy cost as well. (It doesn't do that on the original) Is that intended?

Level 6
I haven't completely tested v12 yet, ended up building a ton of T4 Gens (forgot what they're called), a few nukes, a few mavors, and 3 dozen subcoms. Playing around I nuked the subcoms and broke it. Is there a reset triggers debug? It would be kinda handy to know once and a while ;)

I like how there are hints given to players that should help them, however, people like to see whats going on and it may not be enough, so I'd have to agree with adding a short tutorial. I have an idea for it you may like, that is if your still willing to work on this thing.

Basically give the players like 10 secs to type -skip, if they don't activate a short (3 or so minute) tutorial that shows/tells them about resources and getting them and some other stuff like radar and teching. Then, since there will probably be some players who skipped it, give the watchers some extra starting units...maybe the units shown in the tutorial, plus some defense. -Just a thought.

add peace time options to ffa, team and phantom modes. that would be really awesome.

In response to Hookah and to anyone who hasn't played this
- I've been in many games...most of which people sit around and expect me to watch them tech for an hour before I can attack. In response, this is a game of WAR. Not a game of sit around and discover how to click a building and build it. For players who want to build and not fight, they should NOT be playing this game. I'd recommend playing a game like The Sims. Second of all, the whole nature of warcraft is to kill, not to hold hands. After all...its called WARcraft. As in the CRAFT of WAR.

Level 10
the tutorial sounds a good idea, however, theres still a long list to do ^^

whats already done for version 13:

v13
- Added Mobile AA SAM Launcher (T3)
- Added Missile Carrier (T3) => Flying missile launcher
- Added Land Raid Support (T3) => Radar, Anti-Tactical and Factory-Builder
- Added Mobile Bomb (T2)
- Added lift force to projectiles => Slow rockets fall down
- Added the possibility for splitting projectiles
- Changed Air Superiority Fighter (T3) attack => Dual-shot
- Improved Artillery Installation (T3) => Twice damage
- Fixed Power Generator (T2) energy production => Half production (it was +500 though tooltip said 250)
- Fixed a leaver ai bug => now it could work
- Fixed some tooltips
- Fixed some other bugs => including some critical coding mistakes whcih COULD lead to critical errors aswell

Level 5
In response to Hookah and to anyone who hasn't played this
- I've been in many games...most of which people sit around and expect me to watch them tech for an hour before I can attack. In response, this is a game of WAR. Not a game of sit around and discover how to click a building and build it. For players who want to build and not fight, they should NOT be playing this game. I'd recommend playing a game like The Sims. Second of all, the whole nature of warcraft is to kill, not to hold hands. After all...its called WARcraft. As in the CRAFT of WAR.

peace time always fun and should be added to every rts style game. If u played cossacks 1 on online u would agree with me.
in paragon mode peace time would be really awesome. Like in cossacks million resources mode u have to put in at least 10 min peace time to build up the buildings u need for total war:D
and first in every game u have to discover how to build....
I never understood sims by the way.D
and its not warcraft, its supreme commander:D

Level 4
By the way, is it me or is the team defense mode is like traversing through nine circles of hell? Why is it that hard? Not saying I don't enjoy it of course :). For team defense you may make sure that no units spawning from two gates don't attack one target, as is the case in small maps (winter duel when t3 artillery spawns). Also I noticed that in this v sometimes there is a 10 sec pause on everything (damage system, income, bars everything just stops) but after 10 seconds its fine. This wasnt in previous versions.

For tutorial, I would have to go against what TM-Magic proposes. Anything cinematic like would interrupt the gameplay. However, I was thinking of a series of text messages such as "First you should build a power generator so you have a steady energy income. Start by building 3 generators" etc that does not interrupt the gameflow for other players and teaches new players how to play at the same time. This would be terrific.

Level 10
no rush is for noobs only, because good players are able to defend themselves against attackers, send spies early enough and know when the enemy is attacking. he will always be prepared...
well noobs will have a better chance to build some units, however, if the good player builds technology only he will own his enemy easily...

However, you seem to want it, and its not thaat much work, so i will probably add a -norush x command

btw, now on my list:
- norush
- tutorial
- no distribution of leaver units, otherwise also distribute when a player dies
- allow resource trading
- add a command to give resources and units
- reduce turn rate of units
- add a t1 hydrocarbon power plant
- add signs for mass and energy on the sources ???
- improve shield collision detection wiht a sphere intersection method instead for a simple distance check
- change names to the units nicknames (like Flapjack, Silencer, M1A Striker, etc) ???
- make bullet collision more precise ???
- check bullet collision on ground
- add stun ???
- use wyrm ability to freeze unit production in some way to not pause factories when they have no resources ???
- downscale czar (at least a bit)
- update czar build collision ???
- fill the two t4 unit slots ???
Following units need a free slot, but theres none left, so they probably find their way into the map:
- add t2 guided missile ???
- add t2 submarine transport ???
- add t2 tactical missile launcher ???
- add t2 torpedo launcher ???

changes marked with ??? arent sure to be implemented, it depends on how complicated they are, how much time i have, how much i get into the map, how much the map is liked by other players and which one i am told to do at any case.

you see, this list is long... and i still have to buy presents for christmas, want to spend time playing the guitar and am not at home always, either, so it will take some time, probably i will drop some of the changes...

ah, and another btw:
not all changes are listed, for example, the lift force for projectiles changed some fly pathes, made me change some values and now mobile missile launcher rockets no longer start vertical, but in a 60° angle from the ground, move straight in that direction for 1.2 seconds and then aim to their target. and such changes arent shown in the changelog often.

Level 10
Skullclaimer said:
By the way, is it me or is the team defense mode is like traversing through nine circles of hell? Why is it that hard? Not saying I don't enjoy it of course :). For team defense you may make sure that no units spawning from two gates don't attack one target, as is the case in small maps (winter duel when t3 artillery spawns).
its mainly because this mode was done for fun and i did not balance is, besides that, i didnt want to do it like every td where the levels do not get harder at all.

Skullclaimer said:
Also I noticed that in this v sometimes there is a 10 sec pause on everything (damage system, income, bars everything just stops) but after 10 seconds its fine. This wasnt in previous versions.
it actually existed in previous versions. i had that on my checklist, too, and changed something so it is fixed perhaps.. however, if you get that problem in the v12, type -debug and tell me the information you get displayed, if you type -debug again, information displaying is turned off and a little fix is tried, tell me, if that has any effect. maybe save the replay. and tell me the exact effect it had. for me resources seem to be 0 always, but i could still use which currently was produced ant the income values were still correct... probably its a bug in the storage calculation, which results in a cap of 0... however, i dont how this could affect the units, but i experienced the same, projectiles still moved and exploded, but just didnt deal any damage

Skullclaimer said:
For tutorial, I would have to go against what TM-Magic proposes. Anything cinematic like would interrupt the gameplay. However, I was thinking of a series of text messages such as "First you should build a power generator so you have a steady energy income. Start by building 3 generators" etc that does not interrupt the gameflow for other players and teaches new players how to play at the same time. This would be terrific.
those messages already exist... but nobody reads them
well, i dont know if tm-magic meant it like this, but, here is how it should work: you can type -skip or something, as he already told, to skip it, those who didnt skip the tutorial will be controlled by an AI or something, their cam will show them the right places, units will be selected, and comments to the actions will be displayed, at the end, it will show a hint "type -skip next time"... however, its a lot work, so im not sure whether i add it or not

alternatively, help newbies on your own, explain the game to them, and rehost the map often, so people get to know it

some other "secret tip":
on http://supcom.btanks.net/, theres another map in the map pack, which isnt shown as a stand-alone... was too lazy to update the page in fact ^^ its a modified version of burial mounds aiming on a big map without too much water domination

Level 4
it actually existed in previous versions. i had that on my checklist, too, and changed something so it is fixed perhaps.. however, if you get that problem in the v12, type -debug and tell me the information you get displayed, if you type -debug again, information displaying is turned off and a little fix is tried, tell me, if that has any effect. maybe save the replay. and tell me the exact effect it had. for me resources seem to be 0 always, but i could still use which currently was produced ant the income values were still correct... probably its a bug in the storage calculation, which results in a cap of 0... however, i dont how this could affect the units, but i experienced the same, projectiles still moved and exploded, but just didnt deal any damage

Will do, I host this game more than often so I will pay attention. And yes I experienced the same thing you described, precisely.

those messages already exist... but nobody reads them
well, i dont know if tm-magic meant it like this, but, here is how it should work: you can type -skip or something, as he already told, to skip it, those who didnt skip the tutorial will be controlled by an AI or something, their cam will show them the right places, units will be selected, and comments to the actions will be displayed, at the end, it will show a hint "type -skip next time"... however, its a lot work, so im not sure whether i add it or not

About the messages, I meant that they could be more detailed than what they are right now. However the system you propose also sounds nice but if you cannot do that then a more detailed version of what you have at the moment would suffice I believe. Currently it just tells players to construct mass extractor and energy generators when their resources are low. How about something that introduces adjacency bonus as well as a good basic ground attack force strategy (Like mix anti air units with main assault force) etc. That is what I have in mind.

alternatively, help newbies on your own, explain the game to them, and rehost the map often, so people get to know it

This is not really a problem, as I'm more than willing to teach people how to do stuff so I can get even more opponents on b.net. The problem here is that people need to know the basics first so they can understand what is going on.

Also I have a suggestion if I may. A t2 artillery in the game and a rework of t3 artillery would be a good idea as I believe the arty can be more useful than what they are at the moment.

Last edited:
Level 10
Also I have a suggestion if I may. A t2 artillery in the game and a rework of t3 artillery would be a good idea as I believe the arty can be more useful than what they are at the moment.

and again its the problem with the slots... wc3 only has a very limited amount of slots... if you know, how to fix it, tell me, please... or if you have any ideas

the t3 artillery is actually the supcom t2 artillery^^

Level 6
For the slots problem, why not use a spellbook and add "tiny barracks" ability. The only real problem with this method is you can't add costs to it like gold and lumber, but you don't need to anyways :) since its done differently than wc.

For showing the resource yield (income) (I used str and agi and made everything a "hero" on my map, I'm not sure how laggy it'll be) but on your map you could add a display message that shows that unit's yield when you select it and a command that turns that off...or an ability you click that gives info about the unit including the yields.

As for the tutorial, what you say (Nazgul) is pretty much what I mean. Idk why you'd say it'd take a while, its fairly easy but then again idk how your triggers are run or w/e so it all depends.

Also I would like to continue my Total Annihilation map, but I keep running into bugs that take days to fix :/ It'd be cool if you could let me atleast look at your trigs/script? I would give 100% credit to whatever I see whatever I use (if you let me use some of it). In essence I want to create the same game with different gameplay. I would be much appreciative :/

Level 4
and again its the problem with the slots... wc3 only has a very limited amount of slots... if you know, how to fix it, tell me, please... or if you have any ideas

the t3 artillery is actually the supcom t2 artillery^^

In my map, to counter the limited building slots I use a different building system that works with spellbooks and dummy abilities inside them. The only drawback is that you cannot see their scaffolding while placing it on the map. The tiny barracks stuff TM-magic says to use can be problematic as in my map I could not make it for multiple usage, ie if one person used a copy of tiny barracks already then if he tries to place another one down the last one disappeared. You can add costs to it via triggers, so adding of the costs is not really a problem. If you want, I can send you a copy for you to check the building system out...

Level 10
TM-Magic said:
For the slots problem, why not use a spellbook and add "tiny barracks" ability. The only real problem with this method is you can't add costs to it like gold and lumber, but you don't need to anyways :) since its done differently than wc.
but tiny barracks cant be repaired by other workers, so no worker can speed up the build progress

TM-Magic said:
For showing the resource yield (income) (I used str and agi and made everything a "hero" on my map, I'm not sure how laggy it'll be) but on your map you could add a display message that shows that unit's yield when you select it and a command that turns that off...or an ability you click that gives info about the unit including the yields.
can you turn off the hero display? then this could be interesting, because this allows classifications and names, Flapjack: Mobile Missile Launcher T2... but dont know about lagg either, i will write it down

TM-Magic said:
As for the tutorial, what you say (Nazgul) is pretty much what I mean. Idk why you'd say it'd take a while, its fairly easy but then again idk how your triggers are run or w/e so it all depends.
+
TM-Magic said:
I keep running into bugs that take days to fix :/
know what i mean? even i cant write it down and it works instantly.. at least not that tutorial... and i dont want some crappy messages, they should be well designed, not massed over the screen and the ai cant just do crap...

TM-Magic said:
Also I would like to continue my Total Annihilation map, but I keep running into bugs that take days to fix :/ It'd be cool if you could let me atleast look at your trigs/script? I would give 100% credit to whatever I see whatever I use (if you let me use some of it). In essence I want to create the same game with different gameplay. I would be much appreciative :/
you can look into the maps and copy whatever you want, as long as it doesnt ruin the reputation of this map. however, you are doing the same map again? doesnt make thaaat much sense, perhaps you want to help me in some way instead, or let me implement parts of total annihilation...
where is the difference to supreme commander?

Level 10
In my map, to counter the limited building slots I use a different building system that works with spellbooks and dummy abilities inside them. The only drawback is that you cannot see their scaffolding while placing it on the map. The tiny barracks stuff TM-magic says to use can be problematic as in my map I could not make it for multiple usage, ie if one person used a copy of tiny barracks already then if he tries to place another one down the last one disappeared. You can add costs to it via triggers, so adding of the costs is not really a problem. If you want, I can send you a copy for you to check the building system out...

tiny barracks can be merged in one spellbook, dont know where your mistakes lies but it works... just workers cant work on it... explain your system please, i dont want the code, but the idea

Level 4
Basically, there is a spellbook that contains many dummy abilities that when clicked on sets the building to be produced. After that I use a different system to build it but you can just add it to the builder instead. So it would be like builder selecting what to build and then click another dummy ability "build" to build it. This could work with factories but for buildings you are going to need location as well. In my map, when player "selects" a building to be built through the spellbooks and sets the global variable it asks for a target, ie location to build. I use the location the player clicks on as the location to build the building. Hence I issuebuildorderbyID then as ID give the selected "Building variable" to it and as location give the "location" variable to it. I hope I made it clear, as I am no expert in this...

Level 6
The tutorial would be easy because it could just follow a chronological order...

Print Message "You have 2 resources...mass and energy"
Create floating text "They are displaced here -->>" [next to the multiboard]
wait 3 seconds
Print Message "As you build, these resources are given over time"
Order AI - build generator
wait 1 seconds
Print Message "Generators produce 20 energy a second."
wait 3 seconds
Order AI - build extractor
Print Message "Some buildings require energy a second, like this extractor, which uses 2 energy to produce 2 mass a second."
wait 3 seconds
Print Message "You will need a bunch of each to get going"
wait 2 seconds
wait 2 seconds
order AI - build land factory
Print message "There are 3 types of factories that produce 3 different types of units...Land Factory, Air Factory, and Naval Factory"

ect,ect,ect

Oh and the showing resources thing. I'm not sure what you mean by "hero display". If your talking about the minimap display or the death message, that can all be turned off in the object editor :) I also took out the hero xp bar image and reduced it so they don't gain xp. Make sure u set it so there is only 1 level, otherwise it WILL be laggy, I assure you. Also, if you put it on a building, (by making it a hero first and then clicking "is a building" to true), you can't place it on the grid...you can place it anywhere, so you need a separate trigger to determine if placement is good.

TA is pretty different. Instead of basically 1 type of unit for each thing (i.e. instead of T1 point defense, T1 aa defense, T2 point defense, t2 aa... it has t1 rocket launcher, t1 laser, t1 gatling gun and then the t2 stuff isn't the same at all... t2 long range plasma gun, t2 pop-up gatling gun, t2 flak cannon, t2 rapid fire long range plasma gun, t2 doomsday machine)

It just adds a lot of variety. Also, all units can hit air, just the ones that weren't meant for it miss a lot. So for example, your t1 laser has a chance to destroy an air unit (usually in 1 hit since its fairly powerful) but has a huge chance to miss and potentially hit another nearby unit :).

Also the story of TA is better, more epic. Basically in the distant future, man is made extinct and our creation, AI, take over. Now the AI splits and form 2 dif groups, the arm and core and they basically will not stop fighting until the other side is eliminated. Think of it as a slightly different transformers without human intervention and no super-alien metal.

The only thing I really need help with is fixing a couple income bugs that have been pissing me off for a couple weeks now and the physics...I think the rest would be fine.

Level 10
Basically, there is a spellbook that contains many dummy abilities that when clicked on sets the building to be produced. After that I use a different system to build it but you can just add it to the builder instead. So it would be like builder selecting what to build and then click another dummy ability "build" to build it. This could work with factories but for buildings you are going to need location as well. In my map, when player "selects" a building to be built through the spellbooks and sets the global variable it asks for a target, ie location to build. I use the location the player clicks on as the location to build the building. Hence I issuebuildorderbyID then as ID give the selected "Building variable" to it and as location give the "location" variable to it. I hope I made it clear, as I am no expert in this...
that either kills shift-orders, or the builder just wont start working on the building automatically

I'm not sure what you mean by "hero display".
i meant the icons on the left of the screen, the hero selection buttons or what you want to call them
and i did not think about buildings yet, but its also a lot of work, so ill probably drop it

total annihilation: well seems like there are just even more units, which isnt really an improvement imho... the map has no story at all, like most wc3 maps... but the story can also be transferred to supreme commander units

the possibility to attack every units: well may be ok, but, in wc3 the target priorities will be mixed up, they would have to select the targets they can actually hit first, so this isnt a good idea for the map either

Level 6
The icon can be removed with the unit editor also.

I wasn't talking about the map, was talking about the real game. The maps would be similar, and the differences are mostly in the variety of units and such. However, I've played both real games and total annihilation definitely has some ups on supcom that are hard to explain :/ but I want give them a try.

Level 6
After further testing I've concluded that Naval units need further nerfing :/. I understand they cost more, take longer to build and are limited to the sea only, however, gameplay suggests they still need changing.
Last night I got some good games going with people who've played before. The first game was played on Burial Grounds and it bugged out right away so we ended up quitting. The units would fire but no damage would be delt. This has happened before with your v12 on Clutch, but not as badly. The second game, I hosted clutch, like I usually do. Someone got a few cruiers and T2 destroyers and a small number of them destroyed my forward outpost. The third game, my opponents already knew they were strong and massed then both quickly. We sent every torpedo bomber we could muster and didn't do any damage at all. The destroyers/cruisers continued to quickly destroy a HEAVILY defended position and onto bombarding the 2 player's bases that were on that side...one leaves out of disapointment, the other stays and helps me fight them, but we had no chance. Fed up, I qiuckly build a nuke and destroy them, only to see another fleet already on the move.

If you need help balancing..I'd be happy to help. I'd be willing to put in 50+ hours to balance it, but the end result may change the game a little.

Your v12 also seems a little laggier than normal, especially on that burial grounds map. Idk what causes it but you may want to look into reducing it a bit...people like to mass T1 things for some strange reason...and it makes the game lag like crazy. You may have some sort of new leak actually. The lag got worse and worse as the game progressed even if the units were destroyed.

Level 10
TM-Magic said:
After further testing I've concluded that Naval units need further nerfing :/. I understand they cost more, take longer to build and are limited to the sea only, however, gameplay suggests they still need changing.
Last night I got some good games going with people who've played before. The first game was played on Burial Grounds and it bugged out right away so we ended up quitting. The units would fire but no damage would be delt. This has happened before with your v12 on Clutch, but not as badly.
and you didnt type -debug... veeery good idea... though you would read my posts
TM-Magic said:
The second game, I hosted clutch, like I usually do. Someone got a few cruiers and T2 destroyers and a small number of them destroyed my forward outpost. The third game, my opponents already knew they were strong and massed then both quickly. We sent every torpedo bomber we could muster and didn't do any damage at all. The destroyers/cruisers continued to quickly destroy a HEAVILY defended position and onto bombarding the 2 player's bases that were on that side...one leaves out of disapointment, the other stays and helps me fight them, but we had no chance. Fed up, I qiuckly build a nuke and destroy them, only to see another fleet already on the move.
they are already weaker than in the normal game, and some people already didnt like that nerf, for the first time, this will stay
TM-Magic said:
If you need help balancing..I'd be happy to help. I'd be willing to put in 50+ hours to balance it, but the end result may change the game a little.

Your v12 also seems a little laggier than normal, especially on that burial grounds map. Idk what causes it but you may want to look into reducing it a bit...people like to mass T1 things for some strange reason...and it makes the game lag like crazy. You may have some sort of new leak actually. The lag got worse and worse as the game progressed even if the units were destroyed.
volcano, and more units because less naval and more ground, ground is massed more... performance improvements: probably no, i already did whatever i could do some times, and with every time the improvement gets less... so would not make much sense... its warcrafts script language which is quite slow

Level 4
There is a shift order system posted at THW that works with the system I have mentioned, but other than that I'm not good at jass (as good as you are) so...

Actually I Feel naval units are fine. Maybe the cruiser's missile could be non-homing but other than that they are really fine. If your enemy masses cruisers and destroyers just mass torp bombers which seems to deal a lot of damage to them.

Although one thing I have to agree on with TM-Magic, is that turtling in this map doesn't seem to work as opposed to supcom. You cant just make awesome defenses and expect to sit back and win by nukes it seems.

Level 10
There is a shift order system posted at THW that works with the system I have mentioned, but other than that I'm not good at jass (as good as you are) so...
shift-orders cannot be captured with an event, so you may be able to add those orders, but not to react to them
Although one thing I have to agree on with TM-Magic, is that turtling in this map doesn't seem to work as opposed to supcom. You cant just make awesome defenses and expect to sit back and win by nukes it seems.
and thats good

Level 4
Alright I have some news, I tried that debug thing you told me to try and it didint fix the bug. There were a couple of messages about mass capacity being equal to 0. Actually I believe it made things worse as before writing -debug it used to fix itself in 5 mins on my last games but now it just went forever. I have saved a replay of it and will send you the replay shortly.