1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

SupCom: Icy Oasis (v21)

Submitted by N-a-z-g-u-l
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Supreme Commander is a Warcraft III map immitating the GamePlay of the original game Supreme Commander by THQ. To make the player feel the authenticity of such a great game, this map contains a very elaborated constant gravity based projectile system opening the possibilty of collision with terrain and shields, combined with a revolutional ressource system as seen in the original game. Besides that it creates the right ambience through the use of original game music and imported game sounds making the map a whole new experience of playing Warcraft III. It even contains details such as crashing planes which deal damage to nearby units when colliding with the ground depending on their size. Aside from the amazing game engine nearly every unit known from the original game is included in this map. Land, air and marine units of all 3 tech-levels and an addional tech 4 level for experimental units such as the monkeylord or galactic colossus. All unit data is based on the original game and most of the units even have scaled values of the original units.

I have seen people loving this map from the first moment when they had watched the intro, however, the complexity of the map sometimes overtaxes impatient players. My recommendation is to get into the game after playing once or twice, because then exciting battles will arise.

Post Scriptum: I made this exaggerated description for fun, however, except for the euphoria all of the content is true.

It would be nice to see some of you posting feedback on this map, as it is just in its developing stage and exists for about a month now. Anyway, I cannot guarantee I will continue working on this for long.

There are several other terrains to download from http://supcom.btanks.net/

Keywords:
Supreme Commander, Future, Strategy, War, Projectile System, Ressource System
Contents

SupCom: Icy Oasis (v21) (Map)

Reviews
12:55, 24th Aug 2008 Septimus: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/792566-post30.html
  1. 12:55, 24th Aug 2008
    Septimus:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/792566-post30.html

2. Amigurumi

Amigurumi

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Wow, this is a very good map. I like it with the music and when your commander is attacked ;).
    I like the explosion, when a commander dies, too.

You could work a little bit better on the terrain, and you must make computer players!

9/10

3. Revan(Rom)

Revan(Rom)

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Supreme Comander is bullshit in front of TotalAnnihilation!!! I hope you know this game!
    bUT NIce map! 5/5

4. hookah

hookah

Resources:
    Resources:
    I wish u would continue combat zone but anyway. 5/5 :D

5. hookah

hookah

Resources:
    Resources:
    one possible bug:
    the t3 missile deffense takes down ur own t4 missles.

6. N-a-z-g-u-l

N-a-z-g-u-l

Resources:
    Maps:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    interesting, yes, thats not wanted^^

7. hookah

hookah

Resources:
    Resources:
    I mean t4 missile deffense. I yust tested it again. And yes ur own missile deffense shoots down ur nukes.
    Also battleships shoots straight in the air if its dont have target, it was bit bad figuring out it is shooting for nothing:D
    U cant make shield generator smaller? I cant spam it with that huge size:D or was it so huge in the real game too?
    Upgrades for the commander would be nice like in the real game, but I guess its not easy to do it:D

8. Ice_Eagle

Ice_Eagle

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hookah: The generators were pretty big in the real game. Here:Download Supreme Commander
    HAVE FUN WITH THE DEMO!!!!! You only get generators in skirmish FYI

9. N-a-z-g-u-l

N-a-z-g-u-l

Resources:
    Maps:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    i know...
    took me less than 1 minute to find and fix the bug once you had told me about it
    it was actually shooting on some unit somewhere on the map
    its not meant to be spammed
    it is easy, but doesnt make fun, because its so easy, doesnt need thinking, only needs time

10. cedi

cedi

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Can't you make, that the builder can supporting the factory? Like in the real game?

Good work... 5/5

11. Aku

Aku

Resources:
    Resources:
    I just made this account for saying how great this Map is and it has the Supreme Commander feel.

You have done a great work sir, and keep it up.

12. TKF

TKF

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    1 question:
    I played a map, which had 3 sub maps within it.

I don't know if you could go above 320 map size limit, but is it room to put 4 maps into one, and you choose 1 arena before the game starts? So you don't have to make 2 seperate maps files. I've seen a guy restriction game area and also enforced the minimap to change (you can use image files i think to conceal all map areas, the units will always pop in front i think)

1 suggestion:
    Increase the leaderboard to also show energy usage and energy income, in addition to surplus only.

I tried to make multi maps myself, but I don't know how. Anyway keeping maps seperated keeps a stable size of 900kb. I have only tried paradise map, I'll soon try this one too :)

13. Sir.Laggalot

Sir.Laggalot

Resources:
    Resources:
    Though it's fine the way it is, I think that making the nuke survivable (under extreme conditions) would be cool.

I just had my commander surrounded with 11 T3 Shield generators and at least 15 shield gen flying ships.

My nuke still killed him.

Making it survivable with extreme shielding, I think, would be cool.

14. Ice_Eagle

Ice_Eagle

Resources:
    Resources:
    Laggalot: The Nuke is survivable if you're far enough away. The farther you are, the less damage you take. This is from experience.

15. Sir.Laggalot

Sir.Laggalot

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yes I know that, but I think it should also be survivable at its center, (with enough shielding).

16. TKF

TKF

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    lv2 aa gun and lv2 point defense looks bad, maybe a cannon model for lv2 point defense. Some of the models looks weird.

Very difficult to play and chaotic sometimes. In real SC, i think you can select more than 12 units. To make it easier to command more, suggestion. Add a select all ability for each combat unit. Using this ability will give order to all units of the same type in the entire map, or maybe within some range. So you could order 10 different types units which could be 80 of them, at once.

Like this artillery model?
    [​IMG]
    \\XGM\\Ôàéëû\\Ãàóáèöà\\Ñêà÷àòü\\

I like the economic system very well.

I still would like to know my total income, and used energy in the table.

17. Sir.Laggalot

Sir.Laggalot

Resources:
    Resources:
    They have the multi select ability you're talking about, just tell a group to assist one guy, and put all the groups together.

18. TKF

TKF

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The variable team mode is messed up. It doesn't work.

19. N-a-z-g-u-l

N-a-z-g-u-l

Resources:
    Maps:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    how about playing the latest version? should be fixed