• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spells & Systems Mini-Contest #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Ok .... I hope I will get a chance. I found another, easier solution to fix my spell and I did yesterday.
Poorly my connection sucked and I wasn't able to load it up by time -.-
Will I get a chance? =) I loaded it up at about 11 AM (in germany)

I just came back from school - directly on the computer and loaded it up...I did as fast as I could :x

Update

I made a mistake in the test map hehe

Attachments

• Power Bash by xxdingo93xx.w3x
    67.2 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Level 17
Zack, Dingo, you know you have submitted your spells too late? I reminded everyone twice >_>. Let see how it will turn out then.

Read that submit-post before asking silly questions ;)
I think I kinda "earn" the chance, I couldn't do anything yesterday, my connection went off till today, it is worse then whatever and I hate it -.-
And in this case I think I will also get the chance ... :eek:

Level 23
Yes, I know what you said about chance... :p Well, PurplePoot was allowing but like I said, thats up to Hanky. Your spell however is a nice idea, but Im not sure if it is glitchy or if I didnt really read the read tooltip text properly, but as I saw it, it behaves strange.
Also the tooltip seems alittle too long._.

And the map is also called "just another warcraft map (in german)" in game;)

Level 17
Yes, I know what you said about chance... :p Well, PurplePoot was allowing but like I said, thats up to Hanky. Your spell however is a nice idea, but Im not sure if it is glitchy or if I didnt really read the read tooltip text properly, but as I saw it, it behaves strange.
Also the tooltip seems alittle too long._.

And the map is also called "just another warcraft map (in german)" in game;)

I had a big haste because I wanted to upload the spell as fast as I could ^^ and Besides that, the spell is important, not the map description. ;)
Hanky will hopefully allow me to enter ... :x
Well, the spell is a ranged spell. You may read the red marked description so know what the consequences are if you don't use it as a ranged spell whahaha :p

Level 9
dingo's spell works like a charm if you use hold position right after it. Else your hero will move away in an attempt to kick some enemy ass if present, which is when the spell punishes him. It would be a bit more intuitive if the spell had a short channeling duration to hold the caster still, though. Very nice spell anyways, I hope it will be excluded ;)

btw I noticed you had my GCU library in your map, but you didnt use it anywhere! Anyways you had stripped most of the functions off of it, and I thought I'd just mention that Vexorian's map optimizer does that for you (removes unused functions) so you don't really need to worry about that yourself, so you could just as well redistribute the whole library.

Level 24
Yesterday, 11:57 PM #250 (permalink)
Registered User DiscipleOfLife

User

Add to DiscipleOfLife's Reputation DiscipleOfLife is on a distinguished road (74)DiscipleOfLife is on a distinguished road (74)

No time to make description :DDDD

Here's my submission:
Attached Files
File Type: w3x WindWrath.w3x (51.3 KB, 7 views)

11:57

nice, good luck

Level 17
dingo's spell works like a charm if you use hold position right after it. Else your hero will move away in an attempt to kick some enemy ass if present, which is when the spell punishes him. It would be a bit more intuitive if the spell had a short channeling duration to hold the caster still, though. Very nice spell anyways, I hope it will be excluded ;)

btw I noticed you had my GCU library in your map, but you didnt use it anywhere! Anyways you had stripped most of the functions off of it, and I thought I'd just mention that Vexorian's map optimizer does that for you (removes unused functions) so you don't really need to worry about that yourself, so you could just as well redistribute the whole library.

1. You hope it will be excluded? So that you have a better chance to win? ;D ^^
2. Oops ... forgot to delete your system >.< I was using it before hehe ... gonna delete that after the result because it wouldn't matter if I do it now, Hanky surely has already downloaded all spells now.

Level 14
Ok I will try my best to rate the spells as soon as possible. There you got again the list of all submitted spells.

Submitted Spells:

Name: NiddHogg-kun
Spellname: Fiery Roll
Link: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...ni-contest-17-a-113443/index3.html#post973172

Name: Squiggy
Spellname: Destiny's Gift
Link: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...ni-contest-17-a-113443/index4.html#post976265

Name: Dynasti
Spellname: Wild Spikes
Link: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...i-contest-17-a-113443/index14.html#post981453

Name: redscores
Spellname: The Desert Ant
Link: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...ni-contest-17-a-113443/index9.html#post979478

Name: -BerZeKeR-
Spellname: Black Arrow
Link: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...i-contest-17-a-113443/index12.html#post980597

Name: scorpion182
Spellname: Finale Strike
Link: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...i-contest-17-a-113443/index13.html#post980998

Name: Paladon
Spellname: Rockfall
Link: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...i-contest-17-a-113443/index16.html#post982765

Name: Palaslayer
Spellname: The tenth Art
Link: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...i-contest-17-a-113443/index15.html#post981687

Name: Mage_Goo
Spellname: Illusion Split
Link: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...i-contest-17-a-113443/index15.html#post982518

Name: The_Reborn_Devil
Spellname: Fall of Men
Link: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...i-contest-17-a-113443/index15.html#post982578

Name: Justify
Spellname: Dark Rift
Link: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...i-contest-17-a-113443/index17.html#post984067

Name: DiscipleOfLife
Spellname: Wind Wrath
Link: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...i-contest-17-a-113443/index17.html#post984467

Name: Zack1996
Spellname: Drunken Brawler
Link: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...i-contest-17-a-113443/index16.html#post983796
Ok since I don't know if I should rate the spells which was submitted after the deadline. I think the best would be that the other participants decide if the submissions get rated or not.

Submitted Spells (after deadline):
Soon more...

Level 23
Nice Hanky... you made a list :D

As you know I am not a participant myself, but as a observer I would say to let them stick through this time. After all same thing happend for me the last contest, (for more than me frankly), the contest before that too.
Maybe the rules should be polished a bit to clarify when the contest should end. I know... I should have been perfectly clear already, but it seems to happend around here.

Level 17
Well ... if I am allowed to announce my opinion about that -
I would have been by time if my connection wasn't sucking -.- I had 1h 30min left to upload it, I tried for half an hour to get the damn connection back.
I really think that I (and Zack as well) earn the chance to take part in the contest due to problems with the computer which I couldn't fix.
I know that certainly 75% of all challangers will say "No! Don't let them take part, rules are rules!!!" to get a better chance to win for themselves. (That is why I also see no solution asking all the pubilc for this ...)
The only thing I can say about this is: How would you feel in this situation?
You wouldn't care about my opinion now anyway ... so well, whatever ... ;)

Level 13
Maybe not, but it's also not all true what he is saying.
I don't care if they are rated or not, I hope that they'll. The problem is not that guys say "No! Don't let them take part, rules are rules!!!" to get a better chance to win for themselves", the problem is that rules ARE rules. I think you know what I mean... if you argue like that we just could delete all rules. "I just used a part of the caster system. Don't disqualify me just because you want to win!!!" (no I didn't, just an example).
However, I already mentioned that I hope that they'll get rated, just wanted to say this :O

Level 15
Frankly, I don't really care if my spell gets rated. I just need some comments and ways to improve it. I am going to post the spell in the spells section so I need some ways to improve it.
Finally, thanks for the great contest and good luck to all!
PS: My previous post seems to be deleted for some reason.

Rate them.

I would say something more, but... I'm rather quiet...

Edit:

Now I'll comment the spells ^^

--------------

NiddHogg-kun

Spell seems original, but I see the knock back almost in every second spell. Its to flashy, i would go with smaller fire effect.
The triggering looks ok.

Spell is nice =)

-------------------

Squiggy

Hmm, i don't really like it, because the unit just vanish. Thou the effect is nice.
You are using variable and a custom script for storing and destroying special effect, you could just simply destroy it.

I see you like mass aoe spells ^^

-----------------

Dynasti

Ooo..I really like how everything gets destroyed and how the impale spikes gets split up.
I don't know much vJass...

Overall its nice, but it reminds me of dota.

--------------------------

redscores

Mass effects, as you said, nice idea with bleeding. The flashing effect is not really fitting the spikes.

No multi level support D:

----------------------------

scorpion182

Yet again a spell that reminds me of Tide Hunters ultimate. The flying part looks somehow odd.

Not really original.

-------------------------

Paladon

Some epic spell you have there :D

I like it a lot, triggering seems ok, spell looks good, nothing else to say :p

------------------

Palaslayer

This is a absolutely a surprise spell ^^
Thou its still not perfect (as you said)
I must admit i learned something from your triggering :D

it really fits the theme.

-------------------

Mage_Goo

Did you used some third party program? I can't open the map D:

-----------------

The_Reborn_Devil

Hehe, funny spell :p
Ye, its a starfall, with footman model, but its funny =)

---------------------

DiscipleOfLife

I can't open your map from WE :S

-------------------

Zack1996

Lol, i just love the animation when he hits himself :p
A lot of random effects, thats nice :D

---------------------

xxdingo93xx

I don't totally get your spell :S
Looks nice on water :p And the triggering seems ok.

---------------------

Justify

A complex spell, good idea of making different effect on each level(slow/stun/damage)
Special effect are so-so.
Spell is overall good triggered and it works :)

-----------------

-BerZeKeR-

Your spell fails...

---------------------

This is just in my opinion...

Last edited:
Level 22
Rep whoring, reported :p

To bad you joined the club

Before I posted it I thought "Should I do this, or not? Is this allowed?".
I saw a lot of other contestants +repping others with comments like "Good luck", so I thought that I could do the same. After I +repped some guys I thought "Have I +repped all contestants now?". To be sure I posted that message, but as I said I wasn't sure if I should have done it.

Level 17
Rate them.

I would say something more, but... I'm rather quiet...

Edit:

Now I'll comment the spells ^^

--------------

NiddHogg-kun

Spell seems original, but I see the knock back almost in every second spell. Its to flashy, i would go with smaller fire effect.
The triggering looks ok.

Spell is nice =)

-------------------

Squiggy

Hmm, i don't really like it, because the unit just vanish. Thou the effect is nice.
You are using variable and a custom script for storing and destroying special effect, you could just simply destroy it.

I see you like mass aoe spells ^^

-----------------

Dynasti

Ooo..I really like how everything gets destroyed and how the impale spikes gets split up.
I don't know much vJass...

Overall its nice, but it reminds me of dota.

--------------------------

redscores

Mass effects, as you said, nice idea with bleeding. The flashing effect is not really fitting the spikes.

No multi level support D:

----------------------------

scorpion182

Yet again a spell that reminds me of Tide Hunters ultimate. The flying part looks somehow odd.

Not really original.

-------------------------

Paladon

Some epic spell you have there :D

I like it a lot, triggering seems ok, spell looks good, nothing else to say :p

------------------

Palaslayer

This is a absolutely a surprise spell ^^
Thou its still not perfect (as you said)
I must admit i learned something from your triggering :D

it really fits the theme.

-------------------

Mage_Goo

Did you used some third party program? I can't open the map D:

-----------------

The_Reborn_Devil

Hehe, funny spell :p
Ye, its a starfall, with footman model, but its funny =)

Hey! Why aren't Zeck's and my spell commented? ;D
Luckily, they will be also rated ... but I don't think we'll get another chance ehehehe ...

@redscores

yes it is, but you should make at least 2 levels, because I'm pretty sure that people won't edit the spell, to see what it does on other levels. You should do it...

But please don't get all mad as you usually do... its just my opinion.

@Dingo

I did tested all, i just had a lunch... and i did comment spells right after i tested them, so i edited the post 15 times :p

Status
Not open for further replies.