• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell Factory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
can i request u to make an existing spell made by me (with a little help) work perfectly and flawless without changing the whole system?

i write this here because i think that this is a bunch of some of the best scripters at thehive, eh, and nobody could help me before, so maybe u are capable of this task:cute::cute::cute::cute:

anyway if u are willing to help me, take a look at this post

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f269/mui-charge-should-work-fine-but-doesnt-112537/

Level 21
I need an inventory system... With multiboards...

Name : Boss' Inventory

GUI... I would like to store the items easy...
I need equipment slots, with equipable items...
I would like to use upgrades to increase the increaseable stats and triggered actions to increase attributes...

First weapon set Right Hand
First weapon set Left Hand
Second weapon set Right Hand
Second weapon set Left Hand
Ammo
Head
Chest
Left Shoulder
Right Shoulder
Legs
Right Knee
Left Knee
Right Foot
Left Foot
Right arm's Wirst
Left arm's Wirst
Right Hand
Left Hand
2 Small Rings slots
6 Medium Rings slots
2 Big Rings slots

I would like 300 items slots(inactive).
I would some Charms slots... about 100, for Charm type items, that give their bonuses just when they are keeped in the inventory.
I also would like 10 slots for unused ammo.
I would like to make the items stackable, and to can set the limit of stacking

Consumables : I would like 5 belt slots, where do consumables can be put for faster use!

For the belt : i will do some magic with it...

Items' required stats :
To store:
the name - string

the type - string

the classification - string

the charges(only if consumable or ammo) - integer

the damage (for any type excepting charms and consumables) - integer

the armor(excepting charms and consumables) - integer

strength - integer

agillity - integer

intelligence - integer

max hp bonus - integer

max mp bonus - integer

current hp bonus(only for consumables) - integer

current mp bonus(only for consumables) - integer

attack speed(excepting consumables) - real

hp regeneration - real

mp regeneration - real

abillity1 given(excepting consumables) - abillity

abillity1 given level(excepting consumables) - integer

abillity2 given(excepting consumables) - abillity

abillity2 given level(excepting consumables) - integer

abillity3 given(excepting consumables) - abillity

abillity3 given level(excepting consumables) - integer

description - string

the icon - image / string...

For the sections : i would like to have the normal inventory slots in the upper part of the multiboard with 1 line brake(a multiboard row) between a row of icons, 2 row brakes and then the charms slots(like the normal slots), 2 row brakes and then the ammo slots... I would like to use an text like " ^ " without quotes to show wich item is selected. Navigation with arrow keys, equiping / unequiping item with the " S " key, triggered with the "stop" order. The equipment slots should be showed in the downer left corner of the multiboard and item name, charges(if ammo or consumable) and description(wich also contains the stats) in the downer right corner.

I think you know what do any of them do already...

This is the system i would need...
Reward : + as much reputation as i can ; credits in game credits zone, and name of the author showed on the screen at any time ; credits in the further forum ; my respect
V -_-
. \\

If you can, may and want to do it, please tell me.
If you need to know something else, tell me.

Edit : Added the shoulders :xxd: I forgot about them earlyer :xxd: .

Last edited:
Level 4
Alright, I would like to request a charge spell (may sound kinda boring, yeah I know :p).

I saw your charge spell, Dynasti and got really inspired for my wow-based map. I would like to use this charge, as ''Charge'' & ''Intercept'' for the warrior, and as the feral charge for druid. However, I would like to remove the thing that interrupts you if you collide with something else. This is how I would like it:

Things I'd like to change:
  • Automatically charge this unit: udg_TargetUnit[Player number owner of triggering unit]
  • Obtain 18 mana when you reach the target thats being charged.
  • No knockback.
  • 1 sec stun time.
  • Do NOT stop if you collide with something, (set its collision size to 0, and stop only when the target being charged is reached).
  • Deal no DMG (if it did, I don't remember).
  • Model of the charging unit is Blademaster, make him use his slam animation when he has reached the charged unit. (If the following is possible: make the stun fire exactly when the slam animation has ended, so it looks like it's getting stunned by the slam animation).
  • Apart from these things, I want the way the charge looks to be the same. (Should play it's run animation, I want the charge to be at the same speed and the same special effects attached (apart from the dust thing from the knockback, since I don't want a knockback).

P.S: Make all things easy to change (so I can use this spell and change it if I want more charge spells).

Like maybe an section at the start of the script like:

blabla = A006 (Rawcode of the ability)
blabla = 18 (The amount of mana received)
blabla = udg_TargetUnit[Player number of owner of triggering unit] (The unit to be charged)
blabla = 125 (The distance traveled each 0.03 seconds)

Etc, you get the point?

Oh, and make the spell in the best way for you (normal Jass appreciated, else Vjass) :)

This spell is the last I need for my warrior, so I would REALLY appreciate if someone took his/hers time to modify it =)

Thanks in advance!

Level 17
to all you people who keep on commenting about this, just be patient. Dyansti and the others have lives (or atleast i hope so), so they've got other things on their mind as well. They dont HAVE to do this for you, so just be patient. They'll get to it eventually.

Couldn't say that better ... ;P
We do it voluntary so plz don't expect we can do all.

Level 12
to all you people who keep on commenting about this, just be patient. Dyansti and the others have lives (or atleast i hope so), so they've got other things on their mind as well. They dont HAVE to do this for you, so just be patient. They'll get to it eventually.

yes but waiting 2 weeks for even putting the spell to making list?... when do i get the spell then next year?..because everytime someone request a spell it will be put on top and my spell is at last

Level 17
We are busy with other requests and we can't do 50 things at once -.-
It was nice if you'd stop bleating your requests are ignored - no worries, we won't forget them but there are also others who requested spells/systems.
Oh, and please don't tell us now "But I was first!!!" that's only childrish.
We also have a reallife, you may not forget that ...

Level 14
Can you make me a spell like this?...Shockwave Crush.....Like the shockwave spell from the Tauren hero just a little different,the shockwaves are surounding the hero at lvl 1 140dmg per hot at lvl 2 280dmg per hit and at lvl 3 350dmg per hit.Thats all.Hope you guys can make it:grin:+rep
Guys sry for bothering you too much about if you can make me a spell.I didnt saw all the info about the description and elements :( so,the elements are Earth/Pshysical and i made a image so you can understand how i want it
------------------------------------------------------------------

Attachments

• Shock Waves.JPG
    Shock Waves.JPG
    26 KB · Views: 135
Level 15
Ramp System

I would like to request a Gui system for my map, Vehicle Arena. It only have to work for 1 unit at the time, for each player (player 1 and player 2 can have a unit using the system at a time, But player 1 cant have 2 units using the system at once) if that makes it easyer.

The system should have an Init trigger, and an "action" trigger.
What the system does:

The system should simply make the unit Jump, but in a special way. It should make the unit move upwards (Flying hieght) and down again, at a certain speed. It should work over multiple cliff levels, so if i am at cliff level 2, and flying over an area with cliff level 1, i should get a bonus in flying hieght, so it looks smooth. Heres an example:
example.JPG

One trigger should allow me to set:
Direction (Like facing of unit)
Hiegth (How high in flying hight, a unit will go before gaining speed downwards (like it will increase flying hieght by 400, if Hieght is 400, when 400 bonus is reached (bonus from cliff levels not included), the unit will fly downwards)
Speed (How fast the unit will get flying hieght, a speed of 3, will give 3 increased flying hieght every tick)
Player (Wich player the system should take as the owner, or who controls the unit)

An hieght increase/decrease should happen every 0.05 seconds, and if possible, be changeable (if i find that 0.03 sec fits better, i could use that instead).

An boolean variable checking if a "player" is in the air would be nice

Gui if possible, i've never get vJass to work...

A trigger couild look like this:
  • Events:
    • Unit - Unit enters (My_Region_Ramp)
  • Conditions:
    • Boolean - (Entering Unit) is a (Hero) (Equal to) (True)
  • Action:
    • Set (Direction) to (Facing of (Triggering Unit))
    • Set (Hieght) to (400)
    • Set (Speed) to (3)
    • Set (Player) to (Owner of (Triggering Unit))
A small note: if the "Jump" could look like a curve it would be nice :)

Another small note: Movement in the test map should work like a slide, maening every 0.03-0.05, all units should be moved towards their facing. That way, the length of the jump will be controlled by how fast the jumper is sliding (a guy moving with 3 points offset every 0.03 sec will jump longer than a guy with only 1 point offset).

The system should work for ground units, giving them crow form when the "jump" starts, and remove it when they land, and classify them as ground units when they hit ground.

Hope you get it, and hope you will make it :)

Level 30
Ramp System

I would like to request a Gui system for my map, Vehicle Arena. It only have to work for 1 unit at the time, for each player (player 1 and player 2 can have a unit using the system at a time, But player 1 cant have 2 units using the system at once) if that makes it easyer.

The system should have an Init trigger, and an "action" trigger.
What the system does:

The system should simply make the unit Jump, but in a special way. It should make the unit move upwards (Flying hieght) and down again, at a certain speed. It should work over multiple cliff levels, so if i am at cliff level 2, and flying over an area with cliff level 1, i should get a bonus in flying hieght, so it looks smooth. Heres an example:
View attachment 45111

One trigger should allow me to set:
Direction (Like facing of unit)
Hiegth (How high in flying hight, a unit will go before gaining speed downwards (like it will increase flying hieght by 400, if Hieght is 400, when 400 bonus is reached (bonus from cliff levels not included), the unit will fly downwards)
Speed (How fast the unit will get flying hieght, a speed of 3, will give 3 increased flying hieght every tick)
Player (Wich player the system should take as the owner, or who controls the unit)

An hieght increase/decrease should happen every 0.05 seconds, and if possible, be changeable (if i find that 0.03 sec fits better, i could use that instead).

An boolean variable checking if a "player" is in the air would be nice

Gui if possible, i've never get vJass to work...

A trigger couild look like this:
  • Events:
    • Unit - Unit enters (My_Region_Ramp)
  • Conditions:
    • Boolean - (Entering Unit) is a (Hero) (Equal to) (True)
  • Action:
    • Set (Direction) to (Facing of (Triggering Unit))
    • Set (Hieght) to (400)
    • Set (Speed) to (3)
    • Set (Player) to (Owner of (Triggering Unit))
A small note: if the "Jump" could look like a curve it would be nice :)

Another small note: Movement in the test map should work like a slide, maening every 0.03-0.05, all units should be moved towards their facing. That way, the length of the jump will be controlled by how fast the jumper is sliding (a guy moving with 3 points offset every 0.03 sec will jump longer than a guy with only 1 point offset).

The system should work for ground units, giving them crow form when the "jump" starts, and remove it when they land, and classify them as ground units when they hit ground.

Hope you get it, and hope you will make it :)

I guess i could handle this sometime soon because i created a similar system some time ago.

Level 24
The Befriend Spell/Attack-Prevent System

Now that i am to lazy to try it myself and everybody is requesting here, why nt me, too?

The Spell I want should have the name befriend or sth..
It will be for a hero I am planning at the moment, which should be named the Pacifist (dunno if thats the english word for Pazifist)

if u know what i mean, the theme shoulb be pretty clear.

The element is Light/White Magic/Whatever u want to name it :pal:

Now, what is it supposed to do?

It shall prevent the enemy from attacking and casting spells while not making them unable to move. It shall give me the opportunity to change it to work on multiple enemies or to even use it in an AOE self-centered spell

or to use it in a custom aura

(This sounds more like a system, ooops)

So, as u might see, it should have an init trigger in which i can specify those things. Be free to add more options for me.

Options which should be included anyway:

-duration
-whether silence or only attack
-maybe a slow in addition
-specialeffects

This System or Spell shall be in GUI, completely MUI and leakless (Guess each GUI spell or system here fits those aspects, eh?)

I'm pretty capable of manipulating the init trigger myself, to change it to an AOE or whatever

Shouldnt be to hard to make.

GL!

Level 21
I need an inventory system... With multiboards...

Name : Boss' Inventory

GUI... I would like to store the items easy...
I need equipment slots, with equipable items...
I would like to use upgrades to increase the increaseable stats and triggered actions to increase attributes...

First weapon set Right Hand
First weapon set Left Hand
Second weapon set Right Hand
Second weapon set Left Hand
Ammo
Head
Chest
Legs
Right Knee
Left Knee
Right Foot
Left Foot
Right arm's Wirst
Left arm's Wirst
Right Hand
Left Hand
2 Small Rings slots
6 Medium Rings slots
2 Big Rings slots

I would like 300 items slots(inactive).
I would some Charms slots... about 100, for Charm type items, that give their bonuses just when they are keeped in the inventory.
I also would like 10 slots for unused ammo.
I would like to make the items stackable, and to can set the limit of stacking

Consumables : I would like 5 belt slots, where do consumables can be put for faster use!

For the belt : i will do some magic with it...

Items' required stats :
To store:
the name - string

the type - string

the classification - string

the charges(only if consumable or ammo) - integer

the damage (for any type excepting charms and consumables) - integer

the armor(excepting charms and consumables) - integer

strength - integer

agillity - integer

intelligence - integer

max hp bonus - integer

max mp bonus - integer

current hp bonus(only for consumables) - integer

current mp bonus(only for consumables) - integer

attack speed(excepting consumables) - real

hp regeneration - real

mp regeneration - real

abillity1 given(excepting consumables) - abillity

abillity1 given level(excepting consumables) - integer

abillity2 given(excepting consumables) - abillity

abillity2 given level(excepting consumables) - integer

abillity3 given(excepting consumables) - abillity

abillity3 given level(excepting consumables) - integer

description - string

the icon - image / string...

For the sections : i would like to have the normal inventory slots in the upper part of the multiboard with 1 line brake(a multiboard row) between a row of icons, 2 row brakes and then the charms slots(like the normal slots), 2 row brakes and then the ammo slots... I would like to use an text like " ^ " without quotes to show wich item is selected. Navigation with arrow keys, equiping / unequiping item with the " S " key, triggered with the "stop" order. The equipment slots should be showed in the downer left corner of the multiboard and item name, charges(if ammo or consumable) and description(wich also contains the stats) in the downer right corner.

I think you know what do any of them do already...

This is the system i would need...
Reward : + as much reputation as i can ; credits in game credits zone, and name of the author showed on the screen at any time ; credits in the further forum ; my respect
V -_-
. \\

If you can, may and want to do it, please tell me.
If you need to know something else, tell me.
Still nobody answers...?:con:

Level 10
HI I NEED A SYSTEM FOR FLAOTING TEXT THAT SHOW DAMAGE OF SPELL

i got code already amde but trigger aint working cuz i dont knwo how put it into a jass function :/

I KNOW THIS code probly got no error but there no function, initilzation and i dont know how much int i got 2 make for it tomake it work

thanks for help u can pm here or my emaikl [email protected] im also kyuubi[lew] in useast thanks :)

JASS:
//TESH.scrollpos=0
//TESH.alwaysfold=0
scope SpellDmgDetect initializer Init
    globals
//CONFIG HEADER                     //Below=Example
        private constant integer ABID = 'AOsh'//REPLACE THIS TEXT WITH YOUR ABILITIES RAW CODE. EG. 'A000' OR 'A001'
        private constant real LIFE = 5//REPLACE THIS TEXT WITH HOW LONG YOU WANT THE TEXTTAG TO LAST FOR
//END CONFIG HEADER            //Above=Example
    endglobals

private function FailSafe takes nothing returns boolean
        return true
    endfunction
    private function DmgShow takes nothing returns nothing
        local unit u = GetTriggerUnit()
        local location l = GetUnitLoc(u)
        local real dmg = GetEventDamage()
        local texttag tt = CreateTextTagLocBJ(I2S(R2I(dmg)),l,0,12,255,255,255,100)
        call SetTextTagLifespan(tt, LIFE)
        call RemoveLocation(l)
        set l = null
        set u = null
        call DestroyTrigger(GetTriggeringTrigger())
    endfunction
    private function SplDctC takes nothing returns boolean
        return GetSpellAbilityId() == ABID
    endfunction
    private function SplDctA takes nothing returns nothing
        local unit u = GetSpellTargetUnit()
        local trigger t = CreateTrigger()
        call TriggerAddAction(t,function DmgShow)
        call TriggerRegisterUnitEvent(t,u,EVENT_UNIT_DAMAGED)
        set u = null
    endfunction
    private function Init takes nothing returns nothing
        local integer i = 0
        loop
        exitwhen i > 15
            call TriggerRegisterPlayerUnitEvent(t,Player(i),EVENT_PLAYER_UNIT_SPELL_EFFECT,Condition(function FailSafe))
            set i = i+1
        endloop
        call TriggerAddAction(t, function SplDctA)
        call TriggerAddCondition(t, Condition(function SplDctC))
    endfunction
endscope

Level 3
HI I NEED A SYSTEM FOR FLAOTING TEXT THAT SHOW DAMAGE OF SPELL

i got code already amde but trigger aint working cuz i dont knwo how put it into a jass function :/

I KNOW THIS code probly got no error but there no function, initilzation and i dont know how much int i got 2 make for it tomake it work

thanks for help u can pm here or my emaikl [email protected] im also kyuubi[lew] in useast thanks :)

JASS:
//TESH.scrollpos=0
//TESH.alwaysfold=0
scope SpellDmgDetect initializer Init
    globals
//CONFIG HEADER                     //Below=Example
        private constant integer ABID = 'AOsh'//REPLACE THIS TEXT WITH YOUR ABILITIES RAW CODE. EG. 'A000' OR 'A001'
        private constant real LIFE = 5//REPLACE THIS TEXT WITH HOW LONG YOU WANT THE TEXTTAG TO LAST FOR
//END CONFIG HEADER            //Above=Example
    endglobals

private function FailSafe takes nothing returns boolean
        return true
    endfunction
    private function DmgShow takes nothing returns nothing
        local unit u = GetTriggerUnit()
        local location l = GetUnitLoc(u)
        local real dmg = GetEventDamage()
        local texttag tt = CreateTextTagLocBJ(I2S(R2I(dmg)),l,0,12,255,255,255,100)
        call SetTextTagLifespan(tt, LIFE)
        call RemoveLocation(l)
        set l = null
        set u = null
        call DestroyTrigger(GetTriggeringTrigger())
    endfunction
    private function SplDctC takes nothing returns boolean
        return GetSpellAbilityId() == ABID
    endfunction
    private function SplDctA takes nothing returns nothing
        local unit u = GetSpellTargetUnit()
        call TriggerAddAction(t,function DmgShow)
        call TriggerRegisterUnitEvent(t,u,EVENT_UNIT_DAMAGED)
        set u = null
    endfunction
    private function Init takes nothing returns nothing
        local integer i = 0
        loop
        exitwhen i > 15
            call TriggerRegisterPlayerUnitEvent(t,Player(i),EVENT_PLAYER_UNIT_SPELL_EFFECT,Condition(function FailSafe))
            set i = i+1
        endloop
        call TriggerAddAction(t, function SplDctA)
        call TriggerAddCondition(t, Condition(function SplDctC))
    endfunction
endscope

you have to put that jass into the map header. it is located at the very top of triggers(the one with the map icon), just paste it into there and the system is incorperated

Level 5
Hey sorry for the late reply. College got me busy. It's called Spirit Shield. It's cast like a kind of Battle Roar ability that affects only the casting unit, and the buff will reflect physical damage back to the source, with the amount reflected being equal to 4 times the skill level. JASS or GUI doesn't matter as long as it works. Thanks.

Oh, and if possible, could you help me with this?http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f341/help-buff-removal-113246/#post968316

Level 7
I mean when a player builds a flag (a building with nothing special except this naming thing) he can use an ability to make the flag the one that's targeted by the -f command (it's like -f Blacklands of Blackplanet, and the entered text spawns at the flag, teamcoloured)

Level 18
Hey i need a spell like in dota Rexxar first Abilitie WILD AXE but i only need it GUI with some documentation so i can make it MUI by myself k could u do this spell for me ??

Explain better! Read the first post :p getting anoyed now ( you are probably the 100th )

And dont just say WILD AXE!! DOTA!!!

I dont really understand that, explain what it does. Not all play Dota or do not know all the spells from there.

Criteria for Spell
  1. Spell need to have a name
  2. Spell must have a good description
  3. Must have an element or a theme. Do not post: "Some missiles with some damage or something"

A tip: There is a Dota site where they explain how they made their spells, check it out if you want to make it yourself, i know you can do it

Level 7
If you want any more suggestions for a lil bit more advanced? Knockback type, I got one. Unit shoots out an missile ( Of corse user specified ) And when the missile impacts with targed unit, the targed should be pushed along with the missile, and the missile wouldn't die from the impact, it would die whenever you want it to, and when the missile dies the unit stops aswell. Kinda like in this video: YouTube - Warcraft 3: Ice Arrow.

I was to lazy to write anything else than Copy-Pasting my old post, But i can specify about the type of the spell as much as i can...

Name: Velocity-Impact
Levels: 3
Damage: 75 / 140 / 215
Targed Type: Single Targed ( Ground unit )
Knockback Range: 200 / 315 / 425
Missile Model: Anything that suits this kind of spell? Sheep? Arrow? Missile? Magic blast? Beam.. Whatever
Type: GUI
Element: Physical, Wind.
Cast Range: 750
Special Effect: ImpaleTargetDust Or anything else that looks nice when unit is knocked back.

Waiting for it! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.