• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell Factory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
There's a reason why some want it in GUI. GUI is easier to learn and we also want to learn how it works if some of our requests are possible. Christ, man, I didn't think that would be ruled out in your mind.

Well, why do they want GUI when they dont even make the spells, they just use it, but w/e. I gonna make that spell for Drakosa123.

Edit: i made that darn spell but now im like wtf, out of nowhere it just quitted to working. Could anyone see what the problem is? ;/
Sorry, Drakosa123, i couldnt make it. but atleast i tryed.

Attachments

• Trueshot.w3x
    18.6 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Level 17
I found out another thing. Your dummy ability uses an infinite stun, and the stun buff isn't removed if the unit is paused.

Also, u remove the stun buff before the target is hit by the arrow.

Ohh.. thats why i got this damn problem. Thnx mate, +rep to you =)
I just have one more question, how am i suppost to make it remove after he get hitted by the arrow? :bored: i havent been triggering Spells for a while. I normally trigger systems. :hohum:

Level 17
Ohh.. thats why i got this damn problem. Thnx mate, +rep to you =)
I just have one more question, how am i suppost to make it remove after he get hitted by the arrow? :bored: i havent been triggering Spells for a while. I normally trigger systems. :hohum:

No problem. :D

You could add a wait until condition: unit has buff stunned(i recommend using a custom stun buff to avoid bugs) or unit is dead.

If the unit is dead, do nothing. :D

Level 24
w8s r not mui and bad ^^

i think that the main spell makers here are inactive in this thread because there is a flood of requests....

dont request every damn shit here, try do it urself as everyone did when he wanted to learn, ask questions in the triggers and sripts forum

this thread is supposed to help on rly complicaed and high quality spells....

Level 17
Can you make a spell for me.... I want it in GUI
Element: Physical/Moon
Levels: 3
Description: Its a target spell. The hero will make an attack animation and shoots a arrow that dealing 200+ 150 every level physical damage, 15% To Knockback the target for 600 range, 5% Stun the target for 30 seconds and 2% to kill the unit instantly.

Spell done. I made it whitout knockback since you sayd that it wasnt needed in another post. Set the cooldown, mana cost and cast time yourself if you want to have that. they are all set to 0 since you didnt mention them in the description.

Thnx to terradont who helped me when i got confused.

Last edited:
w8s r not mui and bad ^^

i think that the main spell makers here are inactive in this thread because there is a flood of requests....

dont request every damn shit here, try do it urself as everyone did when he wanted to learn, ask questions in the triggers and sripts forum

this thread is supposed to help on rly complicaed and high quality spells....

Tried to do my request. Couldn't do it. My GUI skills aren't good enough. :/

Level 5
Do the spell dealing physical damage?, its 200 + 150 every level, change the stun to 5 seconds and make the model be a arrow like archers shoots.

Level 17
Do the spell dealing physical damage?, its 200 + 150 every level, change the stun to 5 seconds and make the model be a arrow like archers shoots.

Done

Edit: Added Knockback System. ( Credits goes to Paladon who made this epic GUI knockback system ).
The knockback system works like in the description 15% to knockback, knockback the target for 600 range.

Last edited:
Level 5
The spell still do magic damage i want physical damage and sometimes the stuns are 30 seconds fix it please i want 5 seconds and 15% on the stun too. Sorry for wasting your time but i really need this spell for my map. You get credits

Level 17
The spell still do magic damage i want physical damage and sometimes the stuns are 30 seconds fix it please i want 5 seconds and 15% on the stun too. Sorry for wasting your time but i really need this spell for my map. You get credits

Okey i fixed everything now. I made so that the unit cant get stunned and knocked back at the same time, becouse he get knockedback for about 5seconds anyway.

Greetz, LTGH.

Attachments

• Trueshot.w3x
    24.7 KB · Views: 49
Level 17
can some one help me with a model problem if so heres link to thread >_<

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f341/model-help-114059/#post978007

Why are you asking for help on a model when this is a spell thread?...

But its still bugged its more then 5 seconds stun

I have no idea why that happens, happen for me too now. ill try to fix it.

Drakosa123, cant we just do so that its 30% chance to knockback and remove the stun part? Cus, then its done.

Last edited:
Level 3
i have a spell to request hope you make it...
Spell:wind slice
it creates a wind((a unit)i have the model) that flies towards and goes through all enemys making damage and making them knockback a little bit (100 range)... it must have 5 levels
lvl1:90 damage 100 knockback range lvl 2:140 damage 120 knockback range lvl3:190 damage 140 knockback range lvl 4: 240 damage 160 knockback range lvl5:290 damage 180 knockback range

Important: the range the wind(unit) stopps is 1200 range

Paladon made a spell like that i think, its a shockwave that knocks back enemies it hits

Level 17
i have a spell to request hope you make it...
Spell:wind slice
it creates a wind((a unit)i have the model) that flies towards and goes through all enemys making damage and making them knockback a little bit (100 range)... it must have 5 levels
lvl1:90 damage 100 knockback range lvl 2:140 damage 120 knockback range lvl3:190 damage 140 knockback range lvl 4: 240 damage 160 knockback range lvl5:290 damage 180 knockback range

Important: the range the wind(unit) stopps is 1200 range

link: Advanced Shockwave [Paladon] + Documentation - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site
Just edit the shackwave to your wind model.
Enjoy.

Level 5
Why are you asking for help on a model when this is a spell thread?...

I have no idea why that happens, happen for me too now. ill try to fix it.

Drakosa123, cant we just do so that its 30% chance to knockback and remove the stun part? Cus, then its done.

Ok but can you make a special effect (Dust) And change the knockback range to 300 and I want the Magic damage to Physical Damage PLEASE because i have a other skill on that hero it reduce the targets armor.

Level 17
Ok but can you make a special effect (Dust) And change the knockback range to 300 and I want the Magic damage to Physical Damage PLEASE because i have a other skill on that hero it reduce the targets armor.

Okey. Well, why didnt you tell me that befor. I just made the spell to remove a special amount of health from the creature :slp:
Ive been helping your since 14 hours back. im start to getting tired...
Cant i just add so that it does X bonus damage if the targeted unit has the (armor reduce lvl X) buff on him? ( You choose the X values ) But i will do it tommorow, soon i wont be able to keep my eyes open....

Level 2
Name - (I dunno, something fitting? I'm bad at naming.)

Type - Energy - GUI

Description - A huge beam of energy shoots from the caster, dealing damage to everything in its path for three seconds. Everything caught within the path of the blast will be stunned for the remainder of its duration and pushed away from the caster. The beam should damage within a width of 300 units and a length of 1000 units, but only stun and push up to a length of 800.

Oh, and it should shoot some missiles with some damage, or something.

Level 12
I need a spell...

Name : "Defeat"

Desciption: When the hero(your hero) is about to die or just need 1 hit to die you have a possibility to avoid the last hit and survive but only the hit before you are close to die .. well there should be 5 levels. lvl1:30% lvl2:40% lvl3:50% lvl4:60% lvl5:70%

Important:spell damage is counted too but only under 300 damage... everything above is not counted so the hero will die...

GUI please...

Level 4
Ability Request

If its possible could you create an ability that is sort of like a knock back except you can choose where the enemy unit flys as in using a little targeting sign. e.g you click on unit than click on location.

I'm doing a star wars map and i need it as a force ability so could you make it without any projectile animations. Thnx:thumbs_up:

I think that i can make this for you. If you could tell me for how long he should be stunned and hurted i can fix it for you.

Well, the first level shall hurt 100 damage total, the second 200 and the third 300. I haven't come so long on balancing yet, but pllz gimme some instructions in the trigger to!

Thanks again!

Level 19
Spell Name: Dark Grip
Spell Icon: Cripple Icon
Spell Description:
The hero grabs the target and holds him into the air with his magical grip. The target takes 30 damage per second and will be under the control of the hero for 6 seconds.

What it actually does:

It pauses the target and his animations so it completely freezes. The caster will channel this spell. The first second the target comes above the floor (so he gets a height from around 75). After the first second the hero will be able to very slowly move the target around (like force powers in starwars) with a speed from around 100. The caster moves the target around by just right clicking on the ground like you would do if you wanted to walk with him. After the duration OR when the caster gets stunned or silenced, the unit will fall on the ground and regains his control.

I once had this idea, but I never started with it because it was too hard in my opinion.

Hopefully it's not too hard for one of you!

Level 8
Hi !
Spells : Grenade spell book
Spell Icon : BTNINV_Misc_Bomb_01 - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site
Spell Description : It's a spell book with some grenade : Smoke Grenade, Fragmentation Grenade, C4, Blinding Grenade, Dynamite, Creepling Grenade, and arsonist grenade

This is an iltmate spell so => 1 level for the spellbook and all the grenade

Smoke Grenade Big AoE wich is disable all spell and give chance to miss attack of the oppones
Fragmentation Grenade explode and deal damage and free shards wich deal damage to
C4 is posing with a range of 100 and 1 sec channeling and follow the personn wich the C4 is posed and deal area dammage
Blinding Grenade => make a chite filter on all unit's controllerand swithc on the letter bow / cinematic mode so don't see the map
Dynamite explode after 1 sec after lauching and deal dammage
Creepling grenade explode on shard wich reduce of 50% the move speed
Arsonist Grenade explode deal dammage and make every unit on fire

Last edited:
Level 17
Status
Not open for further replies.