1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Spell Factory

Discussion in 'Requests' started by Dynasti, Dec 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dynasti

Dynasti

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Why do i need to put a spell component in a system? easier to just fix it in the actual spell

2. TheBlooddancer

TheBlooddancer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Okay, its a Spell system. A system modtly made for spells! Or unit spawning, or such!

3. Dynasti

Dynasti

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    ... You requested a shape system. I could make you a spell that uses the system but then i need a name and what it is supposed to do

4. TheBlooddancer

TheBlooddancer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ohh, forget it -.-"

All i ment was a boolean for attaching at the caster of a spell, if it was a spell.

5. Dynasti

Dynasti

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    ok then, gimme 3 sec

*Argh*

and done, completely forgotten

6. Jay-D

Jay-D

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hi i have a spell request:

Name: Holy Wave
    Element: Holy
    Spell Type: No Target
    Levels: 3
    Damage: should be changeable
    Effects: Knockbacking, Stuning and Damaging
    Triggering Type: vJASS
    Description: see image below
    [​IMG]
    Description add on:The Holy wave should only knockback and stun the vampire units. The vamps should be stunned after they flew away xD. Knockback range should be less then 800. would be nice if the vamp is flewing like in my picture but if its not possible then use a normal knock back. The yellow wave thingy: it would be nice if it could be sphere like (like here)
    If you have any questions ask me :D

thank you in advance
    ~Jay-D

Last edited: Dec 27, 2008
  7. Paladon

Paladon

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Spells:
    Resources:
  8. ronaldo

ronaldo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hi. I have 2 spell request to make. They are not that hard to do, because most work are done by others.

Name: Stun Arow
    Effects: Knockbacking, Stuning and Damaging
    Triggering Type: VJASS
    Description: Its like Mirana Arow, i think its called Elune arrow if im not mistaken: A hero throws a arow at group of enemy, and every enemy that are 250AOE of arow get knockbacked and stunned. (AOE, Knockback, stun and damage change per level)

Second spell: Name: Mass Hook
    Effects: Hook and dmg.
    Triggering Type: VJASS
    Description: Its like Meat Hook: A hero throws a hook at group of enemy, and every enemy that are 250AOE of hook get hooked to you, that mean its same with meat hook, the only diference is that all enemy in 200-300AOE get hooked to you. (AOE , DMG, Range change per level)
    You can find the spell here: [Spell] Pudge Wars Meat Hook - The Helper Forums
    So you just need to change one thing, that all units in 200-300 AOE get hooked back to you and get dmg.

Thanks and i hope my spell request its not too hard to do.
    Forgot one thing, spells can be GUI if they are from Paladon.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2008
  9. Dynasti

Dynasti

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Ok ^^, i will try.

The first one is easy to do, so yay me. The second one could be a pain, but il try. I'l maybe have to do something simple like using the MeatHook library as the main system then just make it hook multiple units.

10. Nightbrowler

Nightbrowler

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hi i would need too some spells if you have time ...they are a bit hard through well all spells are conected to the "Spell 2:Lightning/rain/snow Cloud"...

Spell 2:Lightning/rain/snow Cloud
    Create a unit(cloud)(the cloud must be controlable) (i have the model) ... that flies around
    effect comes in spell 3/4/5 well ; lvl 1 creates a cloud for 60 seconds and adds 30 extra damage to spell 3/4/5 ; lvl 2 creates a cloud for 65 seconds and adds 60 extra damage to spell 3/4/5 ; lvl 3 creates a cloud for 70 seconds and adds 90 extra damage to spell 3/4/5 ; lvl 4 creates a cloud for 75 seconds and adds 120 extra damage to spell 3/4/5 ; lvl 5 creates a cloud for 80 seconds and adds 150 extra damage to spell 3/4/5 (the cloud must be in 1200 aoe of the caster if the cloud goes farer away the cloud returns to the caster)

Spell 3:Lightning
    The caster creates a lightning ball with his staff(have the model of lightning ball) that flies up to the Lightning/rain/snow Cloud(Spell 2) and then creates randomly lightning strikes at the clouds position (AOE=400) for 3.5 seconds,(without the cloud the spell doesn´t work) ; lvl 1 deals 70 damage and paralyze for 0.5 seconds ; lvl 2 deals 100 damage and paralyze for 0.8 seconds ; lvl 3 deals 130 damage and paralyze for 1.2 seconds ; lvl 4 deals 160 damage and paralyze for 1.5 seconds ; lvl 5 deals 190 damage and paralyze for 0.5 seconds.(IMPORTANT: If the unit has Rain buff then adds +50 damage)

Spell 4:Rain
    The caster creates a Rain ball with his staff(have the model of Rain ball) that flies up to the Lightning/rain/snow Cloud(Spell 2) and then creates rain at the clouds position (AOE=600) for 3.5 seconds,(without the cloud the spell doesn´t work) ; lvl 1 adds Rain buff to all units in the target spot(Buff remains for 20 seconds) and slows the Movement Speed of the units in the target spot 20% ; lvl 2 adds Rain buff to all units in the target spot(Buff remains for 21 seconds) and slows the Movement Speed of the units in the target spot 25% ; lvl 3 adds Rain buff to all units in the target spot(Buff remains for 22 seconds) and slows the Movement Speed of the units in the target spot 30% ; lvl 4 adds Rain buff to all units in the target spot(Buff remains for 23 seconds) and slows the Movement Speed of the units in the target spot 35% ; lvl 5 adds Rain buff to all units in the target spot(Buff remains for 24 seconds) and slows the Movement Speed of the units in the target spot 40%.

Spell 5:Snow
    The caster creates a Snow ball with his staff(have the model of Snow ball) that flies up to the Lightning/rain/snow Cloud(Spell 2) and then creates Blizzards at the clouds position (AOE=400) for 8 seconds,(without the cloud the spell doesn´t work) ; lvl 1 deals 40 damage and 15% chance to freeze the unit for 2 seconds ; lvl 2 deals 70 damage and 18% chance to freeze the unit for 2.6 seconds ; lvl 3 deals 100 damage and 21% chance to freeze the unit for 3.2 seconds ; lvl 4 deals 130 damage and 24% chance to freeze the unit for 3.8 seconds ; lvl 5 deals 160 damage and 27% chance to freeze the unit for 4.4 seconds. (IMPORTANT: If the unit has Rain buff then adds +20% to freeze the enemy unit for x(spell lvl) seconds)

HERE IS A PIC TO SHOW HOW I WANT THE SPELL:thumbs_up:.
    Show Picture
    [​IMG]

11. Dynasti

Dynasti

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hmm, i could try to do it in JASS(but why not vJass? it is simpler to manage and use)

Btw, should the spell only affect one type of units or enemy units? And should the knockback be like a jump knockback or just a ground knockback? And the last thing i did not quite get with that ally inside a buble or sum. Is it supposed to burn undead and heal any other than undeads?

Please tell more ;)

12. TheBlooddancer

TheBlooddancer

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think no vJass cause you have to restart it all the time.

13. Dynasti

Dynasti

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    o_O lots of text, me like ^^

Ok, should the cloud be like the main thing for all spells. Like a cloud spellpack?

And for the spells, is it like you throw an element at the cloud to make the cloud do stuff`?

Btw, do you want it in GUI or vJass?

14. Jay-D

Jay-D

Resources:
    Resources:
    yeah i need it as a kind of vamp detect (or vamp damage spell) and the picture with teh ally inside the bubble should only show that the ally isnt affected by the knockback thing

-ground and air knockback pls
    -the knockback: jumpknockback^^

15. Nightbrowler

Nightbrowler

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    yes the cloud should be the main thing... and yes the caster throws an element to make the cloud do stuff and GUI please:thumbs_up:

16. Dynasti

Dynasti

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    ok, il notify Paladon about the new Request

17. Nightbrowler

Nightbrowler

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    nice thanks i will give credits and +rep:thumbs_up:

18. Dynasti

Dynasti

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Ok, But then if the unit is an Ally Vamp.

I got a better idea. All undead enemy types will be affected. So that you and i dont have to mess around with a big filter. K?

19. Jay-D

Jay-D

Resources:
    Resources:
    yeah thats ok all undead enemys sounds good thx

20. Dynasti

Dynasti

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources: