• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

GUI spells -> JASS spells

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
Ok, I returned to my WCMauL NG in order to make it better (orly) and I encountered the problem that my spells (YouTube - Heavy Spells on World Editor) are gui as I can't jass.
Now I'm looking for people wanting to convert / rewrite those spells (or at least one of them.
I would provide either the unprotted version of my maul or only the trigger - doesn't matter.
The reason why I need them to be in jass is that if two towers of the same race are being cast, the map crashes due to mostly integer loop errors and stuff.

What you get:
Cookies Pie, rep, a place in 'credits' and you can choose a tower from my 22th race which will be created the way you want plus it will have your name.
Remember, the first one to help me might choose the strongest tower ;)
Sadly, I can't provide more..
If you're interested, post it

Last edited:
Level 28
Ok.. here we go for the towers:
You are able to choose a name (also your nickname on hive) and it's gold cost + eventual abilities plus it's model (custom ones are ok as long as they don't use too much kb), as wel las the tooltip.

Example:

Squiggy
100 Gold
Ability: Critical Strike (20% x3)
Sludge Monster
A squid, born to save all lulz

I will calculate the damage done, set up the model and paste the tooltip.

The tower will go into my 22th and last race called "The Hivers" consisting of all custom user towers.

Here's the goldcost:
10 gold
60 gold
110 gold
220 gold
350 gold
500 gold
600 gold
650 gold
800 gold
1000 gold

1750 gold
The 1750 gold tower is special since it will be one of those super towers (see video, 1st post) and therefore the strongest.
The problem comes with that tower: My request was that I'd appreachiate if you could convert (or redo) the existing spells into (v)jass.
Now what if a new tower approaches?
Yes, I'd make a new spell in gui (=/= mui)
But since you might have done other spells in (v)jass before, you also could simply import a spell of your choice (as long as it's a pbaoe-spell [meaning the spell has AoE starting at the unit's position]).

Furthermore, I'll add the spellmakers' names to the above list stating the goldcost, so one can see, which towers are still available ^^

Attachments

• WarCraft_Maul_NeXtGen_2.40a.w3x
    668.5 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Level 28
Well, simply do the GUI spells MUI, it always depends on the ability.

I could help you making them MUI GUI maybe.
That's it - some triggers are built up like
  • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 4, do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • Set x = (x + 90.00)
      • Set lightning_obe_pkt = (lightning_caster_pkt offset by 600.00 towards (x + 90.00) degrees)
      • Unit - Create 1 fuhrman for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at lightning_obe_pkt facing default building degrees degrees
      • Set lightning_gruppe[(Integer A)] = (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Create 1 holy obelisk spawn effekt for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at lightning_obe_pkt facing lightning_caster_pkt
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_lightning_obe_pkt)
      • Animation - Change (Last created unit)'s size to (300.00%, 300.00%, 300.00%) of its original size
      • Wait 0.25 seconds
      • Unit - Remove (Last created unit) from the game
You see the wait?
That's the point my skills end -.-

Status
Not open for further replies.