• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

2 Common Corpse Spells

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hi!

I need two very important corpse spells for my map. I have looked for these in the spell-section but I don't seem to find them. I can not create spells in Jass etc, I only know the basics of triggering. I wonder if anoyone knows where I can find these spells or if someone has the time to make them for me.
That would be really really kind of you.

1) Corpse explosion: Like Force of Nature, target an area where there are corpses, and up to 5 corpses explodes dealing damage to enemy units.
All I need to be able to change are the aoe-effect, the number of corpses that explode and the damage they deal. (For balance purposes)

2) Animate Dead: Also like Force of Nature, target an area where there are corpses and up to 5 units are ressurected. If the ressurect part is to hard to do, instead up to 5 skeletons are summoned works well.
All I need to be able to change are the aoe-effect, and the number of corpses that are ressurected or summoned. (For balance purposes)

Once again, if someone knows where I can find these spells or can make them for me or show me have to make them, I would be very grateful.

Last edited:
Level 23
first one:

• Event:
    • unit starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions:
    • ability being cast equal to blah
  • Actions:
    • pick random 5 units in area x around the target point of ability being cast matching condition [unit is alive] and [unit is a structure equal to false] and do actions:
      • set picked unit = TempUnit
      • set casting unit = TempUnit2
      • create special effect/effect dummy
      • run damage.gen
      • remove picked unit
damage trigger should be like this:

• Actions:
    • pick every unit in x area around tempunit and cause TempUnit2 to damage picked unit dealing x damage.
for second one, create a dummy with resurrection with small range (the aoe of ur spell) and when the spell is cast create him to the target point and order cast

Level 10
first one:

for second one, create a dummy with resurrection with small range (the aoe of ur spell) and when the spell is cast create him to the target point and order cast

I've tried with the triggering but I dont get it to work properly. It would be really
nice of you if you could show me how the exact trigger would look like

Level 10
New section: WCB - Lahutta - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site

The map does not look like much, I have just started it. It's a remake of an old map me and my friends made and used to play long ago. I don't have the original map anymore, unfortunatly. There were all the triggers etc.
Oh well, thanks a lot for the time you take to help me with this.

Spellinfo: An Aoe-spell like Force of Nature, but instead of targeting trees it target corpses. If 4 corpses are on the ground within the Aoe-range, 4 units are ressurected, as if the ressurect spell had been cast. If 5 corpses are on the ground, 5 units are ressurected etc. Yeah you understand :)
The corpses have to vanish, just like trees vanish when Force of Nature is cast upon a forest.

Note1: If the blue Aoe-area is visible it would be great, it means players can see exactly how big area the spell covers, which means they can cast the spell on the area where there are most corpses.

Note2: If the ressurect-part is not possible to do, it works as good if units are summoned upon the corpses. 3 corpses are on the ground, they are "transformed" into 3 skeletons.
In fact, and I have a lot of nerves to ask you this, if you have the time and energy you can make 2 spells, one who ressurects the corpses and one who summons skeletons from the corpses.

Hope I am not nagging you with all info about this and that, do as much as you want and I will be pleased with it

Status
Not open for further replies.