• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

How to have corpses stay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Thank you to those who read this. Okay, let's hop to the point. I just need to know how to have a unit to leave it's corpse for permanent when they die? The corpse will only be removed when someone uses animate dead or skeletal spawn or any other spell that has to do with corpses. As for hero, they leave behind their corpse until they are revive. If anyone here knows how, do tell me :wink:.
A free +rep for anyone who tries XD.

Level 10
  • Stay corpse
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Decays
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Animation - Change (Triggering unit)'s animation speed to 0.01% of its original speed
EDIT :
Also, you need to modify the decaying time in Game Constant
The bone seems to is limited so they will be removed when the bones are reached the limit.

Level 37
  • Untitled Trigger 090
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Decays
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Add (Triggering unit) to group
      • Trigger - Turn on Untitled Trigger 091 <gen>
  • Untitled Trigger 091
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in group and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Suspend corpse decay for (Picked unit)
          • Unit Group - Remove (Picked unit) from group

Level 10
Kinda funny that now my only problem is that when a unit dies and if you weren't watching him, the corpse freezes the moment he died and you'll have a standing corpse lol.

Maybe Advaned--> Gameplay Constants--> Decay Time(sec) flesh 99999
+ Maker's trigger about the decay corpses thatr rise???

For this, it's quite good but it leaves behind skeletons instead which i didn't want :/

Level 33
Kinda funny that now my only problem is that when a unit dies and if you weren't watching him, the corpse freezes the moment he died and you'll have a standing corpse lol.
It is because Warcraft III has a hard-coded mechanics which will only plays animation when the area is covered by Player's vision.

Else, it won't play animation.

This is something Blizzard implement to boost efficiency of the program.

Level 37
@Maker
What does Every 0.00 indicates ?

Suspend corpse decay doesn't work if the unit is not decaying. That is why a small delay is needed between the event triggering and suspending the decay.

I didn't want to use a timer, so I used a 0.00 period instead. When the trigger is turned on, it runs after 0.00 seconds which is almost instant, but not quite. The trigger turns itself off when it runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.