• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sound on Region

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello,

i have a problem with the sound in my map. I basicly want the game to play a sound on a region if a unit dies.

So i imported the sound and was very careful to do it correct. If i just play the sound for all player's it works fine. But i want only certain player's to hear that sound. So i decided to put it on a region. If my unit dies the player's that are supposed to hear that sound get a pan camera to that region and after 2 seconds i play the sound.

That does not work. I tried alot now with different settings and i can't fix it.

I activatet the "3D Sound" in the sound editor and put the "Max Distance" to maximum. I also put the "Effect" to "Combat" and the channel to "General". I unchecked "Stop when out of range" and unchecked "Looping" because the sound should only play once.

It still doesn work. Does someone know what i am doing wrong here? Maybe it is even the trigger and not the sound?

Level 13
Alright, so I'm not sure what you've done thus far, but make sure the you have the sound in your "Use As Sound" list on the right side of the sound editor.
For each sound, there's 3 numbers on the right side when editing them. I recommend the following settings:
- Min Distance: 1000
- Max Distance: 10000
- Distance Cutoff: 2000

In addition, for standard sound settings, I'd go with something like:
- Volume: 127
- Fade In: 10
- Fade Out: 10
- Pitch: 1.00

For the settings at the bottom, go with "Default" and "General."
Make sure "3D Sound" and "Stop when out of range" is ticked off.
Then BAM! The sound should play at any given point no probs. The cutoff settings above would keep the sound generally within your screen's viewing distance.

Status
Not open for further replies.